Nilet699

Ds160 and new procedures?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, I've scoured the forums for weeks now, and found an amazing amount of helpful information, thank you to all who continually offer advise etc!

However, have a few questions regarding to my own journey now that i can't seem to find.

Received my NOA2, aug 26th, and finally after 7 weeks, NVC got my case, and case number the same day, and it was forwarded onto the London embassy arriving last friday, the 18th of October. I had taken a chance that it would arrive after around a week from the NVC, so i also had my medical on the 18th...finished at 3pm....updated on CEAC website at 4pm that case had arrived! Nice bit of luck there :)

So, I've now completed my DS160 this morning, and was expecting i had to send in the DS2001 readiness form. HOWEVER, seems like I'm outdated on this now.....

Am i right that i actually now need to fill in an online readiness form, specifically this one.....

http://london.usembassy.gov/iv/notification_of_applicant_readiness_form.html

???

If so, and this is where it gets a little complicated, we have half the wedding arranged for january 6th.... and our first child due on the 15th...however due to a complicated pregnancy (incompetent cervix) she will likely deliver the 8th or 9th/day of our choosing. SO....I WAS planning on sending a cover letter with the DS 2001 including a letter from her Doctor, and cover letter, explaining why I needed a rushed appointment if possible due to the pregnancy complications/chances of early delivery.

As further info, i have Not waited for packet 3 etc to arrive, and have zero intention of waiting for 4 either if possible to keep things moving as fast as possible.

So, i suppose to sum up.....

How do i send in my readiness form? Is it the online one above?

And how can i try and rush an interview?

05/24/13 - 129F Sent
05/28/13 - USCIS Received

05/30/13 - NOA1

08/02/13 - USCIS UPDATE - RFE

08/08/13 - RFE Hard copy - New photos

08/10/13 - RFE sent back

08/19/13 - RFE received at USCIS
08/26/13 - NOA2
Sent to NVC supposedly, but took a while! And many convos with USCIS/NVC
10/10/13 - Received by NVC, Case number assigned
10/18/13 - Medical
10/18/13 - London receives case file
10/20/13 - DS-160 completed (didnt wait for packet 3, nor have i ever received)

10/21/13 - Online interview readiness form completed
10/22/13 - CEAC Update (Online readiness)

10/23/13 - CEAC Update (Medical Received)

10/23/13 - Visa Fee and courier fee's paid (Didn't wait for packet 4)

10/24/13 - Emails and online form submitted requesting speedy interview for medical reasons (complicated pregnancy). Supporting evidence provided

10/28/13 - CEAC Updated. Fiancee calls DoS.....Inteview!!!!!! 4th Nov

11/04/13 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/05/13 - CEAC Update - New case creation

11/07/13 - CEAC Update - Issued!

Good catch that man!

So, on our trusty friend http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html it does indeed say the following:

The document checklist Form DS-2001 is no longer in use. Once you are in possession of all of the documents required in support of your visa application, you are required to notify the Immigrant Visa Unit by email. Read more.....

And that link leads to the online form where you fill out the same stuff that used to be on DS-2001. So to answer your first question - Complete the online version. I am also thinking at this point they do not want you to send in your DS-160 confirmation page anymore but you must instead take it with you just like all the other stuff you usually do.

As for requesting an expedited interview on those grounds, I think you'd have two options:

1) You can email the embassy on this page: http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/visa_contact_form.html

2) Or you can mail in a request to the address on the first link I gave you at the top of this post.

(It should also be noted that others have called in to do this kind of thing but you often find people on the other end don't know what a K Visa is and are generally unhelpful unless they pass you to someone who CAN help.)

"What's yours is mine!"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Holy smokes, these guys must just wake up at 2 a.m. each morning and say, "Hey, I have another great idea to change everything up today!" I feel like I have to keep refreshing their site every 30 seconds to see if they throw yet another change at us, lol . . . .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks Wheatly, Glad I do seem to have this all correct then! As this is the third different set of instructions i have read through since my NOA2, it's very confusing to say the least!

Now i just have this annoyance.....

Surname:

Given Name:

on the online readiness form. it says namE, but does it mean namE or namES?!?! I know how pedantic they can be about these type of things! I am mulling over what to put now...thinking I'll include my middle name too, as in the rest of the forms/process, it has been necessary..... it wouldn't have been hard for it to be clarified though, or a simple Given name(s)..... i swear they try and make this as hard as possible! And we're a worrying and, rightly so, paranoid, bunch!

As per the rushing of interview if at all possible, think i am going to try all 3 options you mentioned! It cant hurt!

And your right Sharkano, i seriously don't think they know whats going on themselves. Must be a nightmare there at the moment, processing 3 different version at the same time likely! I'd imagine the staff hate this as much as us!

05/24/13 - 129F Sent
05/28/13 - USCIS Received

05/30/13 - NOA1

08/02/13 - USCIS UPDATE - RFE

08/08/13 - RFE Hard copy - New photos

08/10/13 - RFE sent back

08/19/13 - RFE received at USCIS
08/26/13 - NOA2
Sent to NVC supposedly, but took a while! And many convos with USCIS/NVC
10/10/13 - Received by NVC, Case number assigned
10/18/13 - Medical
10/18/13 - London receives case file
10/20/13 - DS-160 completed (didnt wait for packet 3, nor have i ever received)

10/21/13 - Online interview readiness form completed
10/22/13 - CEAC Update (Online readiness)

10/23/13 - CEAC Update (Medical Received)

10/23/13 - Visa Fee and courier fee's paid (Didn't wait for packet 4)

10/24/13 - Emails and online form submitted requesting speedy interview for medical reasons (complicated pregnancy). Supporting evidence provided

10/28/13 - CEAC Updated. Fiancee calls DoS.....Inteview!!!!!! 4th Nov

11/04/13 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/05/13 - CEAC Update - New case creation

11/07/13 - CEAC Update - Issued!

I don't think they ever really intended that the DS-160 confirmation sheet be mailed in. I think it was another example of London tweaking their website with some new plan but leaving in bits of the old plan, ie "the failure to return these forms...." Sort of a fast edit without reading the whole paragraph. I've seen their methods for a long time and they have often had discrepancies from page to page (or paragraph to paragraph) when they make a little change.

The point is a switch to electronic documents so why would they have a paper confirmation stilled mailed to them?Their computer system knows you submitted it. That's like ordering something off Amazon, then printing and mailing the order confirmation/receipt to Amazon by snail mail. Redundant.

Shame the latest version of online paperwork (readiness form) didn't include a place for additional comments if needed. I agree you should use the contact form or snail mail to ask for special consideration.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

So, I've now completed my DS160 this morning, and was expecting i had to send in the DS2001 readiness form. HOWEVER, seems like I'm outdated on this now.....

Am i right that i actually now need to fill in an online readiness form, specifically this one.....

http://london.usembassy.gov/iv/notification_of_applicant_readiness_form.html

Thank you for posting this! I have been searching for quite a while now to try to figure out what to email to say that we were ready for the interview as the link on the website comes up as broken for me!

And we put both names (first and middle) since that is how they wrote it on the correspondence they've sent.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.