dausa

Medical Test and Previous reports

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Dear Boarders,

I am at my wits end....my Interview is scheduled next month at US consulate in India.I have been treated for NTM (non tuberculosis mycobaterium) for more than a year and my chest physician had stopped my treatment in August 2013 after one year of rigorous treatment.my doctor had explained to me that the scar in the lung would always show in my future Xrays and that the reports of my Treatment and the Xrays taken during the treatment would explain my treated NTM.

When I went for the Medical Check up i explained the past history of my completed treatment and asked the physician to see my XRays if required.he declined saying they will refer their own XRays.After my vaccinations and physical examination and blood test i was asked to come and collect the reports in the evening.

however, when I was on my way home the Clinic physician called me up and asked me to submit my reports the next working day. I said I was on my way home and had the reports with me and told them that i would return just then and submit my reports for comparison.I went and submitted the old reports and records from a medical center where i had been treated.

However,i was told to come the next day to get my Medical Reports to take to the Embassy.Next day when I went to the designated centre they said i need to undergo a sputum test! and held up my Medical Reports.

As I said, I have already been completely treated for NTM and my Xrays would always show a scar...why do i have to be subjected to test when my history is explained? i will miss my Interview if i am made to wait and undergo the sputum test which will take two months to report....and everytime how can i undergo sputum tests for every physician who takes my new Xrays without corelaying my Case history and treatment??? i dont know what to do...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

What a frustrating situation for you, I'm very sorry! I have talked to others on here that have also had to have the sputum tests completed and they were still able to attend their interviews without having to reschedule. The visa just could not be issued until after the tests were completed but at least they did not have to reschedule.

K1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center (transferred to Texas Service Center)

Consulate : Mumbai, India

I-129F Sent : 2013-01-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-01-29

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : na

I-129F transferred to TSC: 2013-06-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-07-09

NVC Received : 2013-07-24

NVC Left : 2013-08-05

Consulate Received : 2013-08-19

Packet 3 Received : none

Packet 3 Sent : none

Packet 4 Received : none

Interview Date : 2013-09-23 APPROVED!!! dancin5hr.gif

Visa Received: 2013-10-01

AOS

Filed - 03/08/2014
NOA1 Email -
03/10/2014

Biometrics Appointment - 04/04/2014

Potential Interview Waiver Letter - 06/27/2014

Timeline

oh..thank you so much for your Reply and lifting my hopes...I am indeed very very disappointed that the Panel Physician is unwilling to State that he has seen my Reports and the Chest scars can be explained due to previous NTM (Non Tuberculosis Mycobacterium - which is not transmitted from person to person) and that i have undergone the Proper treatment since last july to september of this year in-spite of my presenting him my Xray (total XRay6 reports and Two HRCT SCans over a period of 9 months) Reports from Reputed Medical Facility and one of the citys' best chest physician. he is with holding my Medical Report for Sputum Test which takes Two Months to come.....

Plz suggest how to attend an Interview on Scheduled Date when i would be under suspicion of TB (when I really am not infected with TB) and present myself in front of Consulate Staff who would feel i am not considerate and exposing them and public to TB? wouldnt i be asked to not enter the consulate and face some officers wrath...? my family is also too depressed at this turn of event..i have had myself treated honestly and diligently in my own interest and everybody around me who i dearly wish good health

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

hi, i am going through the same situation. they won't consider any other medical report. so the best is attend the interview and if they approve on interview then they will give u 221(g) condition which means u need to submit ur medical soon. the medical wont effect the interview.just follow the given the protocol and do not reschedule interview.

this is personal experience.not proessional advice

Timeline

Thanks for your suggestion. Did you inform embassy prior to interview that you wont be able to submit medical report?

Did you carry any medical reports and keep the sputum test result to follow?

So did they conduct the whole interview or ask you to appear for another interview with all the reports?

Or do you just have to send the medical reports?

Thanks for your reply in advance.

Good luck.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

yes, we just carried the paper given by max hospital that we need sputum test and paper given from the SLR hospital to proof that we did exacty as they asked

no, we didnt inform the embassay before our interview .

and no they didnt ask us so far to attend another intreview.

dont worry focus on interview, when this works well medical will be over in the time frame that they had given .

lastly,once u pass the interview they will ask you to submit the updated medical report.

Edited by benandnordhey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.