smallcan999

another interview question

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

ok, \

after the interview, what happens to the original documents like birth certificates and divorce papers etc??/ Do they give them back? Those are very important papers so I would imagine that they do, but wanted to ask the question....

thanks again....

smallcan999

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
ok, \

after the interview, what happens to the original documents like birth certificates and divorce papers etc??/ Do they give them back? Those are very important papers so I would imagine that they do, but wanted to ask the question....

thanks again....

smallcan999

Are you referring to original documents that you may have submitted with the original petition submission or original documents that you may present at the interview....

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
ok, \

thanks again....

smallcan999

Are you referring to original documents that you may have submitted with the original petition submission or original documents that you may present at the interview....

The documents that one brings to the interview.....

smallcan999

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
ok, \

thanks again....

smallcan999

The documents that one brings to the interview.....

smallcan999

You got your answer.....

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

yes, they give them back but the police certificate. They keep them until the next day when you pick up your visa.

Edited by Buttons

Feb. 15/ 07 --- GC approved

Nov. 17/09 -- I-751 sent (Day 1)

I didn't pick up my visa, I had it mailed to me. When I was finished with the closed door interview, the gentleman behind the glass handed the originals back to me (all except the police cert....but that's already been mentioned ;) )

Bottom line is, you'll get them back, whether it's after the actual interview, or when you pick up your visa :)

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

When I was finished with the closed door interview, the gentleman behind the glass handed the originals back to me (all except the police cert....but that's already been mentioned ;) )

Same here. They were returned right after the interviews in Vancouver and Montreal.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

make sure you bring copies.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.