Sifa

NOA2 wait over a year

65 posts in this topic

By the way, thank you guys for all your responses. It means a lot to me and it is so encouraging to get all your advice.

By the way, thank you guys for all your responses. It means a lot to me and it is so encouraging to get all your advice.

I understand your frustration Jose, I'd be going bat shite crazy if I was waiting 5 months for an answer to an RFE. Now way would I have let it get that far, I would have been chasing every avenue there was to get USCIS to get the process completed. If I were you, I'd be putting together every time shred of evidence of having met in the two years previous to filing, and getting ready to resubmit the RFE response. I honest think they've lost your's, and once you can finally get someone to look and realize it, you'll be resubmitting the response. But you're going to have to have someone beating them up on why they haven't acted to get that to happen. Otherwise you could wait in limbo forever because your lost file never gets to the top of the pile.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Thank you Caryh. I need more light on resubmitting the Documents they asked for, in the RFE. Should resubmit even before they have asked me to? Wont that jeopardize the first application? Because when I contacted them recently, they showed it that they still have the file. Should I first talk to an immigration Lawyer about it?

When I contacted them last month about the delay of my rfe response. Their response indicated that the four months I had been waiting isnt outside their normal processing time of RFE:

The status of this service request is:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) records show that your pending application or petition is not Outside the Normal Processing Time frame.

When a Request for Initial Evidence is required, the 90-day time period for processing your application or petition ends. A new 90-day period begins once USCIS receives your response to our Request for Initial Evidence. Your petition is currently under review and you should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days.

Please take this process into account prior to contacting USCIS regarding your application or petition as outside the normal processing time.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) records show that your pending application or petition is not Outside the Normal Processing Time frame.

When a Request for Initial Evidence is required, the 90-day time period for processing your application or petition ends. A new 90-day period begins once USCIS receives your response to our Request for Initial Evidence. Your petition is currently under review and you should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days.

Please take this process into account prior to contacting USCIS regarding your application or petition as outside the normal processing time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The same thing happened to the RFE I send to my local office, it took over 4 months to get a replied I had to go to the local office to find out what happened to my file .only to find out they don't know where it is eventhought I got the RFE directly from them.(I would be still waiting for an approval if I didn't go there ). U need to find out where ur file is and pay them a visit

Thank you. Really! I think I should do exactly the same thing. So did they find your file, did you resubmit the file; what happened? What explanation did they give?Did you get approved afterwards?

Thank you. Really! I think I should do exactly the same thing. So did they find your file, did you resubmit the file; what happened? What explanation did they give?Did you get approved afterwards?

The same thing happened to the RFE I send to my local office, it took over 4 months to get a replied I had to go to the local office to find out what happened to my file .only to find out they don't know where it is eventhought I got the RFE directly from them.(I would be still waiting for an approval if I didn't go there ). U need to find out where ur file is and pay them a visit

Thank you. I think I should do exactly the same thing. So did they find your file, did you resubmit the file; what happened? What explanation did they give?Did you get approved afterwards?

Then why didnt they just deny the petition in the first place? Whyb did they give the RFE? Do they do this just to play games with people and waste their time? If they had denied in the first place, I would have filed another petition and it would be probably approved by now

There lots of people that I have read about

Then why didnt they just deny the petition in the first place? Whyb did they give the RFE? Do they do this just to play games with people and waste their time? If they had denied in the first place, I would have filed another petition and it would be probably approved by now

There lots of people that I have read about in VJ who filed with literally nothing, got the rfe, responded to it and got approved in not a long time as this

They gave you the RFE because you either didn't supply enough evidence of your meeting within the two years before filing, or they lost whatever evidence you sent. It's better that they give an RFE rather than outright denying, because you'd absolutely have to start over if you were denied. At least with an RFE, you have an opportunity to fix your (or possibly their) mistake. I'm still unclear if you sent evidence of your meeting prior to filing when you sent in that RFE paperwork. If you sent that, along with the passport stamps from that visit, perhaps any flight/hotel itineraries, credit card statements, in addition to anything else, then there shouldn't be a reason to deny this RFE, it's just taking unacceptably long. As others have said, the visits that occurred after you filed are inconsequential for this application, and will not help you with this RFE.

I'd definitely speak to a Tier 2 or get your local congressman involved. Honestly, an immigration attorney won't be able to speed things along that much. They'll just charge you to do the things you're doing already. Good luck!

October 2007- Became friends gaming onlineJanuary 16, 2009- Met in person in UKDecember 25, 2011- Ten visits later, engaged!February 24, 2012- I-129F SentFebruary 29, 2012- NOA 1 ReceivedJuly 13, 2012- RFE email sad.pngJuly 20, 2012-RFE response mailed to CSCJuly 24, 2012-RFE response reviewJuly 26, 2012-NOA2!!!!July 30, 2012-NOA2 Hardcopy ReceivedAugust 3, 2012-NVC received case and forwarded to LondonAugust 6, 2012-Case received by LondonAugust 13, 2012-Packet 3 sent out by consulateAugust 15, 2012-Packet 3 receivedAugust 23, 2012-Mailed affidavit and original forms to Rob via express mailAugust 30, 2012-MedicalSeptember 3, 2012-Packet 3 sent to embassy with DS-2001September 4, 2012-Packet 3 and DS-2001 arrive in LondonSeptember 26, 2012-Packet 4 receivedOctober 11, 2012- lnterview- Result: APPROVEDOctober 18, 2012-Visa in handNovember 15, 2012- POE-ORDNovember 21, 2012- Legal wedding!!November 30, 2012- Applied for SSNDecember 7, 2012- SSN card came in mailDecember 20, 2012- AOS/EAD/AP sent outDecember 27, 2012-AOS/EAD/AP Text/email confirmationDecember 31, 2012-AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 received in mailJanuary 22, 2013-Biometrics appointmentFebruary 15, 2013- EAD/AP approvedFebruary 27, 2013- EAD/AP card arrived in mailApril 6, 2013- Big family wedding!!August 12, 2013-AOS text/email- APPROVED!! <p>May 16, 2015- ROC package sent to CSC August 15, 2015- ROC Approved!

As another just mentioned, did you send things about your visit you made prior to the the application? If not I'd definitely attempt to add to the RFE, because if you only send info about visits afterwards, you did not answer their question. Its like them asking your age and you answering by saying apples.

They should have replied on the RFE before those 90 days are up, and you're at 150 days now.

As to saying they have your file, they only know that because its marked in the system that they received your response. No one has gone and looked to see your file sitting somewhere. Lost files are not unheard of, and when it happens people get placed in the limbo world of being told to wait. When you inquire, that resets the clock on a new wait 60 days while we look into it. When its not found and you check into they say wait again. You can be stuck in that loop forever, unless you step out of the loop and get a congressman, senator and the ombudsman involved.

When I contacted them last month about the delay of my rfe response. Their response indicated that the four months I had been waiting isnt outside their normal processing time of RFE:

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Hey Members, thank you for your feedback. I sent the evidence for our meeting before the filing as well. I sent copies of all the pages of my passport, my flight itinerary, boading passes, and affidavits from both our friends and family indicating that they knew about our relationship before; all this infor prior to our meeting is what they asked and what I responded to; I also added in more infor of our ongoing relationship even if they didnt ask for it

im so frustrated my bf applied for k1 in march we have been in initial review for 8 month and now i go to check my case and i found they are asking me more evidence wow why they do that im pregnant i just want to be with my bf, get marry and raise our kid together. any body knows what kind of evidence they request.

im so frustrated my bf applied for k1 in march we have been in initial review for 8 month and now i go to check my case and i found they are asking me more evidence wow why they do that im pregnant i just want to be with my bf, get marry and raise our kid together. any body knows what kind of evidence they request.

No one can guess that until the RFE arrives in the mail for your BF. That you got an RFE means at least your file is finally being looked at. Had everything they wanted been included with the petition, you could be getting the NOA2 now.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes they find my file and I was approved a week after.it was just something I didn't sign y I got RFE. I did the calling thing several time, service requets,but nothing helps,go to ur local office I hear they transferring k-1 there.

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE, YOU CALL AND ASK FOR LEVEL 2 OF SUPPORT , AND ASK FOR THE REASON OF DELAY , THEY RIGHT IT DOWN, IN 2 WEEKS YOU HAVE A LETTER LIKE THIS , THIS WAY YOU WILL FIND WERE YOUR APPLICATION , BY THE WAY , WE HAD SAME RFE , WE WROTE A LITTER ,EXPLAIN HOW HARD IT WAS TO MEET IN PERSON IN LAST 2 YEARS , AND HOW OUR FAMILIES ARE TOO CLOSE ....ETC .

2 WEEKS LATER WE GOT APPROVED :).

FOR US IT WAS A HARD 10 MONTHS SINCE WE FILLED OUR APPLICATION TILL WE GOT APPROVED , 10-30-2013 OUR INTERVIEW , WISH ME LUCK MY FRIEND :).

AND KEEP CALLING AS MUCH AS U CAN .

SORRY MY CAPSLOCK IS STUCK :)

post-30667-0-40273700-1382133056_thumb.jpg

Guess I will go to my local office Sanlot and inquire next week. Thanx for the advice and all the help. So there is a huge likelihood that it got lost

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.