NH Man

Two Year Meeting Requirement Help

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I think our situation might be quite unique. We met in an online dating site in December 2012. We haven't met in person. I mailed out our package on Wednesday October 16, 2013. Included is a letter signed and notarized by my employer (of almost 14 years) stating that I can't get time off of work because my boss was in the hospital for 2 months and is already scheduled to go back in and have more surgery. It also includes a signed and notarized letter from a nursing home where my long time friend resides. I'm her legal guardian and need to be here for her. It describes that I need to be here to make decisions and support her emotionally etc. It also includes a letter from my pastor about his knowledge of my relationship with Stephen, our plan for him to council us for marriage etc. I'm just wondering what the chances are that will get approved for the exception of not having met in person??? Any thoughts?

Yes, don't hijack someone else's thread and start your own

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

NH man, you've lost the money spent on this petition. I've never seen a case be approved based on hardship. I've heard one where the guy was disabled and literally couldn't get on a plane or a boat to a third country and the other person had tried for a visitor visa several times. You taking a couple of days off your business doesn't count.

Tough truth, but if you want your fiancee to come over, you're going to have to find a way to see her. Could she go to Canada and you could go up for 1 day? It's much closer than India.

The OP is from New Hampshire, if you were to look at a map, NH borders Canada. How exactly is it closer? I myself live in NH, it's a 2 hour drive. Fact of the matter is, the OP does not have a good excuse for not meeting his fiancé in the last 2 years(even though he thinks he does)he isn't going to be the exception to the rule. Plain and simple, he will be denied.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I find it very very hard to believe that you have worked 16 hours a day every day for the last 3 years.

You need to decide what is more important to you.

But let us assume that is true, who on earth do you want to get married?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There are requirements to be eligible for things...if you don't meet those requirements I don't know why anyone thinks they can get around it. I mean I'm sorry about your hardship but op and the other person that thinks telling USCIS that your boss is in a hospital is a good reason to get around the 1 out of the 2 requirements.

What you need to do is hire someone temporarily to oversee your business, you can also recruit two interns to help you run things ( interns can be extremely valuable but make sure you allow them gain experience through interning for you.) This is America for the past 4 years most of us have sob stories why we can't do many things. USCIS has probably heard it all. I'm sorry things are a struggle for you, but as a business man you should have a back up plan ( God forbid but what if you were really sick and had to be hospitalized for a short period of time?) I suggest putting energy in working out the logistics to go see your finance( not only for the sake of USCIS, but your sake too)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I think our situation might be quite unique. We met in an online dating site in December 2012. We haven't met in person. I mailed out our package on Wednesday October 16, 2013. Included is a letter signed and notarized by my employer (of almost 14 years) stating that I can't get time off of work because my boss was in the hospital for 2 months and is already scheduled to go back in and have more surgery. It also includes a signed and notarized letter from a nursing home where my long time friend resides. I'm her legal guardian and need to be here for her. It describes that I need to be here to make decisions and support her emotionally etc. It also includes a letter from my pastor about his knowledge of my relationship with Stephen, our plan for him to council us for marriage etc. I'm just wondering what the chances are that will get approved for the exception of not having met in person??? Any thoughts?

If you read the stipulations of a hardship finiancial or time off is not one. It really falls on customs and religious beliefes in most cases. Some have been able to get a waiver because they can't travel due to health.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I find it very very hard to believe that you have worked 16 hours a day every day for the last 3 years.

You need to decide what is more important to you.

But let us assume that is true, who on earth do you want to get married?

My thoughts exactly! and when do you have time to communicate if you're working to that extent. Next thing you know there will be a thread about how their fiancé came here and is acting different.. and when they say different they really mean acting like themselves! blink.png.

People always get mad at USCIS about not doing this and not doing that & being slow, but this is the kind of things they face daily, sorting through papers of people that can't follow simple directions ( such as being eligible). Like they are going to be like oh ya this person's boss has been in the hospital ( apparently for the past 2 years and will be for the rest of his life) so for that reason we are going to overlook the whole meeting in each other before you do something like marry each other. Yes failed marriages, immigration fraud, etc are not depleting the United States of its resources enough.

My thoughts exactly! and when do you have time to communicate if you're working to that extent. Next thing you know there will be a thread about how their fiancé came here and is acting different.. and when they say different they really mean acting like themselves! blink.png.

People always get mad at USCIS about not doing this and not doing that & being slow, but this is the kind of things they face daily, sorting through papers of people that can't follow simple directions ( such as being eligible). Like they are going to be like oh ya this person's boss has been in the hospital ( apparently for the past 2 years and will be for the rest of his life) so for that reason we are going to overlook the whole meeting in each other before you do something like marry each other. Yes failed marriages, immigration fraud, etc are not depleting the United States of its resources enough.

Exactly, you nailed it. We've tried to give an opinion yet she/he thinks we are being rude. sleep.png

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

I've sent this message to the moderators: "Please remove my posts from this thread. I don't feel welcomed or supported. I'm new, learning my way around and people are rude.... " sorry I bothered all of you.

People aren't being rude, Stephen. They are just "giving it to you straight." I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's not going to work. Focus your efforts on meeting, anywhere in the world, and best of luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I do not understand the concept of only with in the past two years of meeting requirement. It does not mean because I fall in to the category of not meeting the requirement, but here are myriads other that face the same problem and under some circumstances it is not possible to meet in person with in the prescribed time limit. I met my fiancé 3 years ago and after that my situation changed and I am involved in a small business where I have a a problem hiring help and pay, not only that I need trustworthy person where lot of cash is involved in the lottery. Have no other support or family help available to me, so this means if I can not meet my fiancé in person, the current situation I am in, can not get married and can not be unite and USCIS is going to dictate me what to do and what I can and cannot do with my personal life.

I do not understand the concept of only with in the past two years of meeting requirement. It does not mean because I fall in to the category of not meeting the requirement, but here are myriads other that face the same problem and under some circumstances it is not possible to meet in person with in the prescribed time limit. I met my fiancé 3 years ago and after that my situation changed and I am involved in a small business where I have a a problem hiring help and pay, not only that I need trustworthy person where lot of cash is involved in the lottery. Have no other support or family help available to me, so this means if I can not meet my fiancé in person, the current situation I am in, can not get married and can not be unite and USCIS is going to dictate me what to do and what I can and cannot do with my personal life.

I am truly sorry for your situation. USCIS is not trying to dictate your personal life. It is the requirement. If everything in the world doesn't have any rules, imagine how chaos it can be.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

The reason is that they don't want mail order brides, and they also don't want childhood friends who haven't seen eachother since they were kids getting visas for marriage.

Furthermore, USCIS wants to see an ongoing relationship. Meeting is how you show that you know eachother and are ready to be married. You were able to meet 3 years ago. 1. Why didn't you file sooner and 2. Can you recreate the circumstances that allowed you to meet then?

Even furthermore, USCIS is just the first hurdle to overcome. They want a bare minimum. Once you get to the consulate, they will want to see an active, ongoing relationship with lots of face time. India (at least the Delhi one I believe) is very strict and want the parties to have spent lots of time together, met parents, etc. Even if you somehow got a waiver from USCIS I seriously doubt the consulate would issue a visa.

Best of luck.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Sorry for the case but uscis approval seems so obscure. Does this 2 year meeting requirement also applies in filing petition for spouse or for K1 only?

This only applies for K-1.

Though the consulate might question why you haven't seen your wife in over 2 years.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Not that I am marrying to a mail order bride, I have met her in person 3 years ago and I have the current notarized statement's from relatives, friends and parents who attended my engagement ceremony. I have sent all those pictures to USCIS and I am going to send the statements. As far as being in a small business, only people will understand who are in my shoes. Easy to say the things what can be done or what I should do. I appreciate your suggestions and concerns. I am not in a situation where I can just leave my business and go, I do not make enough to pay for help more over I have lottery business where lot of cash is involved and employees play lottery in the absence of the owner. I have tried in the past, in just 2 days I lost $2000 in lottery and only thing I could do was fire that employee and took a loss. It is not that easy find honest people. I do not have that kind of money to install theft prevention systems and security systems. My whole investment will be on a stake with one wrong move.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.