highlander08

How are Ladies from Kazakstan compared to Ukraine Ladies

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My wife never asked for money.......and even now, she doesn't ask for money........just...........a hot tub......and a new fireplace.......and......a new kitchen......but......never for money except to go to garage sales and buy new stuff for virtually nothing.

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

You married a REAL Russian. No question!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

My wife never came out and asked for money. She would do it by saying, "I want to change the windows, but it is so expensive." That is the opportunity for you to then decide if you want to help. Expect to have to offer a couple of times before they will accept. Kazakhs are a proud people so it will take a bit of persuading to get a woman to accept your money at first. Once the relationship is moving along, it is almost expected of you to help out. So make certain you really care for this person and that you can actually afford to send some money every so often. Like I said before, $500 is considered the "correct" amount--not too much and just about right. I am amazed at how far they can make $500 go compared to here in the US. We could probably sell the house and move to Almaty and live off the proceeds for many, many years.

Gary has the men pegged. A friend of mine had to deal with Kazakhs at work. He knew exactly where they would hid out to drink. The way he dealt with it was to tell them, "I do not care that you drink. I just want this project done before you go home tonight." They usually complied. So it takes a different way of managing people to get Kazakh men to perform. Most Kazakhs in Kazakhstan are not devout Muslins, so there is not the praying and all that during the day.

All people in Kazakhstan speak fluent Russian unless they are a foreigner. If she also speaks Kazakh then her family is Kazakh and decided to teach her during the Soviet occupation. My wife only speaks Russian. She never learned Kazakh which is a real shame. There is a generation or two that lost their heritage. There is a Kazakh TV station that has movies in Russian with Kazakh subtitles--very strange to me.

Dave

Your friend had about the same approach I had. Just get it done! I always suspected the prayers were BS to get a "break", so did the Ukrainians and that is what pissed them off. Ukrainian bricklayers with Kazakh laborers was NOT a good combination! rofl.gif "I need bricks! Where are my effin' bricks BOGE MOY! they are praying again!" Yes, they all spoke Russian.

Did anyone see the movie "The Ghost and the Darkness"? When the engineer arrives and the "liason" tell him how "Indians hate the Africans and they even hate each other! First you have to keep the Muslims from killing the Hindus before you can build your bridge"

Gary And Alla

Timeline

My wife is Russian but was born and raised in Kazakhstan. She left when she was 16 to live in Ukraine. We have a picture of her in elementary school where she is the only caucasian in her class. She says that ethnic Kazakhs are very nice and friendly. My wife is definately less materialistic than other Russian and Ukrainian women I have met. But of course that is just my experience..

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Timeline

You call her caucasian? dancin5hr.gif

You know that means a different thing here to us, Amy (read white)....smile.png

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Timeline

Yeah, exactly, I can't think of a Russian person not being insulted at being called Caucasian.

Yep...

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Yeah, exactly, I can't think of a Russian person not being insulted at being called Caucasian.

I smile.

The complexity of racial/ethnic things is always lost on Americans who think they have "race issues". We also think OUR government is corrupt.

Hitler killed 22 milion "slavs" because they were "less than human" while they seem to be a much more refined version of any example of "white" or "caucasion" race than anything referred to as "Aryan" yet they, themselves, do not want to be called "causcasion" because to them it means "from the caucasus" region which most of them are not. They also consider Jewsih people as a race, not a religion, and even have various degrees of Jewish races. "Black Jewish" or "Red Jewish" for example. Dare we even mention "Gypsies" ?

It is interesting actually. In Odessa there is a great Anthropological Museum if anyone ever gets the chance to see it.

I have trouble keeping up myself. In the USA Alla refers to herself as "Ukrainian" but in Ukraine she would say she is "Russian". Not sure where the change occurs, probably somwhere over Greenland during the flight from JFK.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I have trouble keeping up myself. In the USA Alla refers to herself as "Ukrainian" but in Ukraine she would say she is "Russian". Not sure where the change occurs, probably somwhere over Greenland during the flight from JFK.

Ok, this is confusing even for me. Lol.

I know where the Caucasian thing is coming from so i don't get offended if described this way (though i don't look anything like that if you take the Russian connotation of this term).

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I smile.

The complexity of racial/ethnic things is always lost on Americans who think they have "race issues". We also think OUR government is corrupt.

Hitler killed 22 milion "slavs" because they were "less than human" while they seem to be a much more refined version of any example of "white" or "caucasion" race than anything referred to as "Aryan" yet they, themselves, do not want to be called "causcasion" because to them it means "from the caucasus" region which most of them are not. They also consider Jewsih people as a race, not a religion, and even have various degrees of Jewish races. "Black Jewish" or "Red Jewish" for example. Dare we even mention "Gypsies" ?

It is interesting actually. In Odessa there is a great Anthropological Museum if anyone ever gets the chance to see it.

I like the Eastern European way better. I'm Hispanic, and Caucasian Americans (hah) think that it's a race... it was simpler when I lived in Russia to explain these things to them, because they don't have the force-fed PC thing to worry about.

I dated a Russian woman from Kazakhstan. She lived in a small city called Stepnogorsk. She was a nice woman but too concerned about outward appearances. On our first meeting in Punta Cana she would constantly criticize and nick pick everything I did, from how I held my fork when cutting meat, to how I sat. But I was will to overlook that and I ended up visiting her in Kazakhstan for New Years and Christmas. I had a great time meeting her family and seeing her city and Astana. I was really impressed with the Russian people, how they dressed and how hospitable they were. Also if you get the chance to go, you must see Astana. It is a beautiful city.

Unfortunately things didn't work out with her. I just could handle the constant criticism and she was always telling me how great the Russian people were and how fat and lazy Americans were. Also anytime I had a problem with her, she would just say “It is not a big problem” and not want to discuss anything.

K-1 Visa

Oct 1st, 2013 – Mailed in I-129F Package to Dallas Lockbox.

Oct 4th, 2013 – Package Delivered.

Oct 9th, 2013 - NOA1 Text and Email

Oct 15th, 2013 - NOA1 Hardcopy received in mail. Notice date on hardcopy says October 8th.

Nov 13th, 2013 - NOA2 - update on USCIS website

Dec 9th, 2013 - Petition received at NVC

Dec 11th, 2013 - Petition sent to Manila

Dec 19th, 2013 - Embassy receives petition

Dec 29th-Jan 8th-Our first New Year's together.

Feb 23rd- Fly to Manila to be with Ema for the interview.

Feb 27th, 2014 - Interview scheduled. We were APPROVED dancin5hr.gif

Feb 28th, 2014 - Ema does CFO- Passes with flying colors.

Mar 6th, 2014 - Visa in hand and ready to fly home.

Mar 14th, 2014 - POE Los Angeles

Apr 17th, 2014 - Our Wedding date. (L)

AOS

Sept 5th, 2014 - Mail package to Chicago

Sept 9th - Package Delivered

Sept 11th - NOA1 Texts and Emails.

Sept 17th - NOA1 Hardcopys received.

Sept 20th - Biometrics appointment letter received. Appointment for Oct 2nd.

Oct 2nd - Biometrics Done!

Nov 15th - EAD & AP approved and on the way!

No interview or interview wavier notice received

Jun 30th, 2015- Received welcome notice and approval.

July 23rd - Ema finally has her Green Card :dancing:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Unfortunately things didn't work out with her.

It sounds quite fortunate, actually.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Si, Man...He dodged a bullet...

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

I dated a Russian woman from Kazakhstan. She lived in a small city called Stepnogorsk. She was a nice woman but too concerned about outward appearances. On our first meeting in Punta Cana she would constantly criticize and nick pick everything I did, from how I held my fork when cutting meat, to how I sat. But I was will to overlook that and I ended up visiting her in Kazakhstan for New Years and Christmas. I had a great time meeting her family and seeing her city and Astana. I was really impressed with the Russian people, how they dressed and how hospitable they were. Also if you get the chance to go, you must see Astana. It is a beautiful city.

Unfortunately things didn't work out with her. I just could handle the constant criticism and she was always telling me how great the Russian people were and how fat and lazy Americans were. Also anytime I had a problem with her, she would just say “It is not a big problem” and not want to discuss anything.

Yes, I would say you were lucky things did not work out. My wife will tell me what is wrong with the US, what was wrong with the old Soviet system, and what is wrong with the new capitalist system. She is not afraid to talk about things. I should point out that in Kazakhstan there are Russians and Kazakhs, sounds like you had a "true" Russian. Some take the outward appearance to an extreme. You had to cut your meat? I have yet to have besparmak where the meat needs to be cut. Now the noodles that is another thinglaughing.gif. Astana should be a beautiful city as it is not that old, but I have not been there. Almaty is a nice city if you can get past the traffic and pollution.

Dave

Timeline

Exactly!

RUB women tend to want to look good, they want their things to look good, they want their husband to look good...at least look clean and dress appropiately. They are not so hung up on whether you look like Richard Gere, but they want you to look clean and decent.

I never have encountered the level of control the poster above mentions. Sounds like OCD to me. Alla does not care how I hold my fork, but she will gladly steal food off my plate if I express that it is tasty. rofl.gif By reaching over with her fork and taking what she wants. If I give her the "stink eye" she will say "I am the wife, I can do it"

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.