2,315 posts in this topic

Yes, 95% of the Oct filers at NSC have been approved! Good news! :dance:

Well, NSC used to be faster approving transferred applications (pre-Oct 22nd). :wacko:

It seems like all of the service centers including NSC have slowed down in the last 30 days. :bonk:

That's bad news for post-Oct 22nd applicants and November applicants. :unsure:

I hope they pick up speed soon. :star:

You are correct. I was on the cusp, Oct-22 and it did come late- May-12th.

Hey dear October fillers!

Just checked your spreadsheet and saw TSC has approved nothing comparing to the other processing centers.
I'm November fillers and I was hoping to get my approval by the end of this month, what is wrong? Do you Texas petitioners call the center and ask for service request? What they say?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I believe that huahua21599 has deleted his account.

so only waiting4i130 is still waiting.

Hurry up SC's !

December 2013 Spreadsheet

NOA1-12/5/2013

NOA2-8/11/2014

Scan date-11/12/2014

Case Complete - 12/30/2014

Interview Date - 2/3/2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Can someone update my info on the spread sheet please. My NOA was October 23 2013 not the 29th. Thank you

Also, this backlog is driving me nuts!

27-09-2013: MARRIED :)

USCIS

23-10-2013: Filed I-130 (TSC)
17-05-2014: NOA2 I-130 Approved!

NVC
02-06-2014: Case arrived at NVC
20-06-2014: Case # and IIN assigned
07-07-2014: DS-261 submitted
08-07-2014: AOS fee invoiced
09-07-2014: AOS fee paid

09-07-2014: NVC said they rec'd DS-261
11-07-2014: AOS package emailed

05-08-2014: IV package emailed
03-09-2014: IV fee invoiced
03-09-2014: IV fee paid

04-09-2014: DS-260 completed

09-09-2014: Checklist Received (I-864ez form, income)
12-09-2014: checklist sent (LAST SCAN DATE)

06-11-2014: Case Complete

Last Leg of the Journey

17-11-2014: Medical (Dr Mascarenhas - Toronto)
18-12-2014: Interview (APPROVED :) )

23-12-2014: Visa Received

24-12-2014: POE (Ambassador Bridge, Detroit-about 35mins processing)

Timeline

Hey dear October fillers!

Just checked your spreadsheet and saw TSC has approved nothing comparing to the other processing centers.

I'm November fillers and I was hoping to get my approval by the end of this month, what is wrong? Do you Texas petitioners call the center and ask for service request? What they say?

They told me they're processing October cases now, and expect to have them done by the end of this month.

Timeline

Tier 2 no help whatsoever. They refused to open a service request for me based on the fact that I'm 60 days past my transfer date, and the attachment I received in the mail said that I should call and "make an inquiry" after that time. USCIS is so useless, and my wife and I are so frustrated...

p.s. I waited on hold longer than 90 minutes to talk to Tier 2.

Edited by usc85

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Tier 2 no help whatsoever. They refused to open a service request for me based on the fact that I'm 60 days past my transfer date, and the attachment I received in the mail said that I should call and "make an inquiry" after that time. USCIS is so useless, and my wife and I are so frustrated...

What service center are you at?

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

That is awful :( Can you try to file a service request with Tier 1 one rep? I did one with Tier 1 rep last month when we were over 6 months from the NOA 1 date. The Tier one rep did one with no questions asked. Maybe better to speak with Tier 1 than Tier 2 or did you already try this?

Hey everyone, yesterday my wife received our NOA2 lette in the mail :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

What is interesting is that USCIS website still show RFE Response Review.

On the NOA2 letter it show that the petition was approved on May, 14th

Anyway our group is down to 13 people left, waiting for approval. I hope they'll hear from USCIS pretty soon.

Have a good day, I know I am :dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Been following along in this forum for several months but this is the first time posting because I'm so frustrated now.

Filed I-130 as U.S. Citizen for spouse and received NOA1 on Oct. 7

March 11 case was transferred to TSC

May 2 I received notice that case was transferred AGAIN this time to VSC, but online it says it was transferred to "local office" (I live in Omaha). When I called Customer Service the recording says that my case was transferred to Mesquite, TX. I talked to Tier 2 and they said that it was in Vermont with no explanation for the conflicting data.

Also, the USCIS website says that processing times at VSC is 5 months so today I called and tried to make a request since I am over 7 months and the rep started to file the inquiry but couldn't because she said VSC was currently working on cases from Sept. 30!!! Then why does the website say 5 months.

I am so irritated with these people and just wondering if anyone has any input or has experienced similar issues.

A little background on our case if it helps: Not that it should matter but I will mention that I am filing this for my same sex spouse. He is from Mexico and we have been together 15 years although we were only married 2 years ago. He took a voluntary departure last year to avoid deportation because he had overstayed his original Visa. All this waiting is very hard on both of us, we just want to get the process moving because we know that we still have a long road ahead of us until we are together again.

Thanks for any input.

Timeline
Not that it should matter but I will mention that I am filing this for my same sex spouse. He is from Mexico and we have been together 15 years although we were only married 2 years ago. He took a voluntary departure last year to avoid deportation because he had overstayed his original Visa. All this waiting is very hard on both of us, we just want to get the process moving because we know that we still have a long road ahead of us until we are together again.

I would certainly hope, and expect, that same sex spouses would receive the same treatment as anyone. This is a huge bureaucracy we're talking about here, so if there's one thing they're good at, it's treating everyone equally poorly ;)

As far as a visa overstay in your husband's past, I would have no idea how that would affect I-130 processing, but usually when people bring up such topics, someone is quick to respond with the advice: if you have a complicated case, get a lawyer.

It's certainly unbelievable that they wouldn't let you file a service request given that you're at VSC and they're processing at 5 months. Perhaps they've put a hold on allowing everyone to file service requests at the 5 month offices simply because they're way behind that number in reality, and allowing everyone to open up requests would bog down the system. Don't forget, it's May now, so they have to approve some people from December or January this month to make sure they can keep their 5 month number. No use wasting their resources on October cases like ours!

Good luck to all of us still waiting!

Been following along in this forum for several months but this is the first time posting because I'm so frustrated now.

May 2 I received notice that case was transferred AGAIN this time to VSC, but online it says it was transferred to "local office" (I live in Omaha). When I called Customer Service the recording says that my case was transferred to Mesquite, TX. I talked to Tier 2 and they said that it was in Vermont with no explanation for the conflicting data.

Also, the USCIS website says that processing times at VSC is 5 months so today I called and tried to make a request since I am over 7 months and the rep started to file the inquiry but couldn't because she said VSC was currently working on cases from Sept. 30!!! Then why does the website say 5 months.

I am so irritated with these people and just wondering if anyone has any input or has experienced similar issues.

A little background on our case if it helps: Not that it should matter but I will mention that I am filing this for my same sex spouse. He is from Mexico and we have been together 15 years although we were only married 2 years ago. He took a voluntary departure last year to avoid deportation because he had overstayed his original Visa. All this waiting is very hard on both of us, we just want to get the process moving because we know that we still have a long road ahead of us until we are together again.

Thanks for any input.

Hi AaronOmaha,

We had terrible luck with tier 2 agents each time we phoned (and waiting 2hrs each time). We suspect we might have got the same person each time. First time telling us that the website is wrong and it is really taking 9 - 12 months to process and refusing to put through a service request. We were so taken aback (and had not bought enough credit for such a long wait!) so accepted what we were told.

Deciding not to give up, we phoned back and were prepared this time for a fight :rofl: After arguing with the agent for a while we thought we were making progress. The agent insisted we needed a US address to file a service request, which we thought was ridiculous, but eventually gave in and filed a request to change our address to my father-in-law where we will be staying (we live together in New Zealand at the moment). My husband asked the agent several times if he filed a request both for the change of address and for the actual past processing time. He assured us that he had. A day or two later I realised we only got one reference number and I knew that guy had not filed it for us and only did the change of address!

The reason we called a tier 2 in the first place is that the USCIS website and tier 1 couldn't file a service request due to us using our New Zealand address. As we were forced to change to a US address anyway, I filed an online service request. About a weekend a half later we were approved! I have no idea if the service request made any difference. Will also note that we are a same sex couple so should not make any difference to your case!!!

Sorry that was a long story but we were really annoyed at the time! File an online service request if you can.

Good luck!

22 Oct 13: Courier left Auckland

25 Oct 13: Arrived Chicago Lockbox

25 Oct 13: NOA1 priority date

30 Oct 13: Email NOA1

30 Oct 13: Petition transfered to Nebraska

05 Nov 13: Online status of petition updated from received to Initial review

08 Nov 13: NOA1 received in the post

17 May 14: NOA2

04 June 14: NVC received.

24 June 14: Case # & IIN assigned.

10 July 14: AOS bill invoiced

10 July 14: Paid AOS bill and completed DS-261

05 Sept 14: Received and paid IV bill

16 Sept 14: Sent IV package

19 Sept 14: NVC scanned IV package

30 Sept 14: Sent AOS package

02 Oct 14: NVC scanned AOS package

20 Nov 14: AOS and IV package checklist (found out when phoned NVC 24 Nov)

24 Nov 14: Spoke to local consulate about case. They agreed to request it from NVC

02 Dec 14: Checked status on CEAC website, case is now at Auckland consulate (or en route)

16 Dec 14: Green Card Approved

19 Dec 14: POE

ROC

23 Oct 16: Mailed packet to Vermont service center

26 Oct 16: Received at Vermont service

31 Oct 16: Cashed check

31 Oct 16: Received NOA1 in the mail. Receipt date 10/27/2016

17 Nov 16: Received Biometrics appointment letter in mail, notice date 11/12/2016

28 Nov 16: Biometrics Appointment

18 Sept 17: ROC Approved

23 Sept 17: Received I-797 Notice of Action - ROC approved in the mail

Naturalization:

11 Nov 17: Filed N400 online

11 Nov 17: NOA online

07 Dec 17: Biometrics appointment scheduled. Actually went on 12/6/17

22 Jan 18: Interview Letter

05 Mar 18: Interview date

06 Apr 18: Oath Ceremony

Really hoping for the last members of our group to be approved as soon as possible! Stay strong

22 Oct 13: Courier left Auckland

25 Oct 13: Arrived Chicago Lockbox

25 Oct 13: NOA1 priority date

30 Oct 13: Email NOA1

30 Oct 13: Petition transfered to Nebraska

05 Nov 13: Online status of petition updated from received to Initial review

08 Nov 13: NOA1 received in the post

17 May 14: NOA2

04 June 14: NVC received.

24 June 14: Case # & IIN assigned.

10 July 14: AOS bill invoiced

10 July 14: Paid AOS bill and completed DS-261

05 Sept 14: Received and paid IV bill

16 Sept 14: Sent IV package

19 Sept 14: NVC scanned IV package

30 Sept 14: Sent AOS package

02 Oct 14: NVC scanned AOS package

20 Nov 14: AOS and IV package checklist (found out when phoned NVC 24 Nov)

24 Nov 14: Spoke to local consulate about case. They agreed to request it from NVC

02 Dec 14: Checked status on CEAC website, case is now at Auckland consulate (or en route)

16 Dec 14: Green Card Approved

19 Dec 14: POE

ROC

23 Oct 16: Mailed packet to Vermont service center

26 Oct 16: Received at Vermont service

31 Oct 16: Cashed check

31 Oct 16: Received NOA1 in the mail. Receipt date 10/27/2016

17 Nov 16: Received Biometrics appointment letter in mail, notice date 11/12/2016

28 Nov 16: Biometrics Appointment

18 Sept 17: ROC Approved

23 Sept 17: Received I-797 Notice of Action - ROC approved in the mail

Naturalization:

11 Nov 17: Filed N400 online

11 Nov 17: NOA online

07 Dec 17: Biometrics appointment scheduled. Actually went on 12/6/17

22 Jan 18: Interview Letter

05 Mar 18: Interview date

06 Apr 18: Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for any input.

Hello AaronOmaha,

I have been following this thread for a few months as well but I felt compelled to join so I could tell you what I found out yesterday. My PD is October 1 and I have been trying to file a service request for awhile now and I found out what part of the problem is. A very nice rep named Sergio told me that their system would not let them file a service request because my receipt # starts with MSC, which is the prefix for the National Benefits Center. Since your PD is 10/7, my guess is that yours was sent to the NBC before being transferred to a service center like mine. If you look at the NBC's processing time for USC filing I-130 for spouse, it says that the last one they finished was September 30, 2013. That explains why we can't file one online as well. He was kind (or smart) enough to cheat the system by changing my PD to September 29 so that it would accept it. It worked, however, I just received an email that says:

"Recently, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-130, to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Your petition is still pending consideration. We regret that we are not able to give you a timeframe for when we will complete the review of your petition.

What You Can Do

Please see the "Online Services" below to check the status of your case in the near future. We apologize for the delay.

We hope this information is helpful to you."

:angry: Grrrr....NOT HELPFUL AT ALL, USCIS! Mine has been transferred twice because my step-daughter's petition was initially sent to a different service center than my husband's. I am very frustrated as well, so I feel your pain! I have even requested assistance from my Congressman, which has proven fruitless as well. I even have a hard time looking at this forum anymore because almost everyone has moved on to NVC and I'm still waiting. *SIGH*

Good Luck to you and everyone else still waiting!

Edited by sseymour34

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We hope this information is helpful to you."

:angry: Grrrr....NOT HELPFUL AT ALL, USCIS! Mine has been transferred twice because my step-daughter's petition was initially sent to a different service center than my husband's. I am very frustrated as well, so I feel your pain! I have even requested assistance from my Congressman, which has proven fruitless as well. I even have a hard time looking at this forum anymore because almost everyone has moved on to NVC and I'm still waiting. *SIGH*

Good Luck to you and everyone else still waiting!

Welcome! Have you received anything regarding your daughter's petition? It could be just they are waiting for both your husband and daughter's petition to get finished.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.