2,315 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Yep. VSC and their site still not updated. NVC got my papers april 25th, so I am hoping to get my case and IIN next week. I call every other day.

I got everything needed for NVC stage. police records, birth cert and have our original marriage cert etc... Just going to translate police records and birth cert.

Hopefully I get done within 2 weeks of time of receiving case and IIN number. Plan on submitting everything ASAP.

Are you expecting to have your NVC case complete within two weeks of submitting all of that? Maybe I'm misinterpreting.

What are the current estimates on completion for the NVC phase once a case number is assigned (assuming one is on top of sending out what is required of them)?

Yep. VSC and their site still not updated. NVC got my papers april 25th, so I am hoping to get my case and IIN next week. I call every other day.

I got everything needed for NVC stage. police records, birth cert and have our original marriage cert etc... Just going to translate police records and birth cert.

Hopefully I get done within 2 weeks of time of receiving case and IIN number. Plan on submitting everything ASAP.

Hopefully you will get the case number on 23rd.

Yeah try to submit everything ASAp. So you can get the interview in early july.

Good luck

I've been seeing quite a bit that those who filed for a K3 visa have been getting case numbers assigned to them faster then if the I130 was filed alone? Any truth to that? Just curious to see how soon I can expect a case number. I'm shooting for the middle of June as the best bet, but I hope for some reason we get it sooner because of our K3 application....any merit to that rumor?!

There does seem to be some truth to it, but only for those people (unlike you and me) who filed their I129f at almost the same time as their I-130. I imagine it's because their I-129s would have had to go through to the embassies otherwise. For us, who filed for the k3 later, the magic doesn't work.

My husband has been calling to NVC during work but it's always busy!

I dont know if our case has arrived NVC already or not yet.

I know. It takes me an average of 10 - 12 redials before it rings through, and then at least a half hour on hold before I get a human on the line. Thank goodness we use Vonage so we don't pay for calls to the US!

I called to NVC from Japan n our case has arrived there on May 2. But no case number yet.

NOA2 April 15. Good luck everyone!

Probably you'll get your case number around the first of June. It seems to take about a month from arrival to case number generation.

As an update, my DS 260 came available today, as the IV bill went through my bank account.

Sweet! Good for you! We're not far behind you (I hope!)

Hey so yesterday i called the NVC to ask about the case if recieved and when possibly be assigned case number and iiiN number (BTW, my case was shipped to NVC on April 14th) so after 25 minutes on hold the woman replied and told me that the case was recieved on April 25th! and after 30 days will be sent an email about case number and iiin number and how to do the payments and stuff!

which means it should be around May 25th! yayyyy! so excited to start the real prosses at NVC

btw, once the case number is assigned how long does it take to complete the case at NVC?? is it a month??

cheers!

Seems like a little less than two months on average (on the NVC spreadsheet the average is sitting around 54 days)

Glad to see so many October filers passing swiftly through the NVC process. Hoping to get my case number in the next week. What is the current relative estimate for completion of the NVC process (for Canadian beneficiaries, if it matters relative to interview dates)?

See above, and also check out the spreadsheet (there's a link in the very first post of the NVC monthly thread.) there was a Canadian filer this week who got case complete last week and got a mid June interview date!

I wish you luck, but it seems unlikely that you will get everything in within 2 weeks. It took about a week from case number to having the AOS fee available, another couple days before it showed as paid, and as of now the IV fee hasn't been invoiced yet. Once it has been invoiced and paid, it usually takes a couple more days before the ds260 is available to be filled out. My guess is that the fastest you'll get through your end of the NVC process is 3weeks. But then all you have to do is hang out, hope for no checklists, and a quick case complete!

Either way, good luck and I wish you (and all of us) the best!

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

Update from Texas October I-130 filers please as to who has been approved recently.

My PD is 23 October so Texas must surely be working on mine by now. I am trying to gauge where they are at so I can put my mind at ease.

NVC has finally received my visa application on May 13. (NOA2 was 28 April)

The lady on the phone told me that it takes 20-30 days to get it into the computer. What do they have to do? Prepare punchcards or magnetic tape... What 70's technology are they using o.0

Still at least it is moving on.

I hope those people with I-130s still at USCIS have answers very shortly.

event.png
I'm the beneficiary of an I-130 filed in October 2013.
In dd-mm-yyyy format:
xx-03-2008: Met online
21-08-2008: Began online relationship
13-12-2008: Met in person for the first time
22-04-2010: Got engaged
21-08-2011: Got married
-= USCIS =-
09-10-2013: Sent I-130 petition with relevant other forms and evidence to the Chicago Lockbox
23-10-2013: Priority date
30-10-2013: NOA1 email
27-10-2013: NOA1 hardcopy - case sent to Nebraska Service Center
27-04-2014: Lodged an "Outside Normal Processing Time" service request online
28-04-2014: NOA2 confirmation email and website updated
xx-05-2014: Received NOA2 hardcopy... (outstanding)
-= NVC =-
01-05-2014: Petition shipped to NVC (email update informing us of this arrived two days after the fact)
13-05-2014: Received by NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes, hopefully you can! For me, that was definitely the case. Then all to do is wait to see if you get case complete.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Are you expecting to have your NVC case complete within two weeks of submitting all of that? Maybe I'm misinterpreting.

What are the current estimates on completion for the NVC phase once a case number is assigned (assuming one is on top of sending out what is required of them)?

No, we were just talking about how fast you can complete all the online forms/payments at NVC and send in the documents once you get your case/IIN number. 2 weeks is a good estimate. Then after that waiting for case complete, no idea how long since I guess it'd depend if you get a checklist or not.

Update from Texas October I-130 filers please as to who has been approved recently.

My PD is 23 October so Texas must surely be working on mine by now. I am trying to gauge where they are at so I can put my mind at ease.

You can check this spreadsheet for the all the updates;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avyw59HrFr8VdHFlTFNKU3FMSHo1OW9OUnNTZVZreUE&usp=sharing#gid=4

Timeline

TSC update:

it's been 60 days since my transfer. from NBC to TSC, and my i-797c notice of action for the transfer said to call after 60 days if not yet approved. well 60 days is today, so i called. guess what? transferred back to NBC! with no notice! i asked to file a service request based on the 60 days from transfer. i was told NBC is now working on cases from october, and the system would not let the agent (tier 1) open a service request. the agent said if i'm not approved before may 30 to call back and they'll let me file a service request.

this is so ridiculous!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

as Amber stated above, i meant completing my end of the work.

I will get back to you on that. But the time frame between approval and interview date is about 4 to 5 months.

Hopefully you will get the case number on 23rd.

Yeah try to submit everything ASAp. So you can get the interview in early july.

Good luck

That would be awesome. our birthdays and anniversary, all in August! My wife doesn't believe we will get an interview date in August, let alone July! She is very pessimistic. Good luck to all!

There does seem to be some truth to it, but only for those people (unlike you and me) who filed their I129f at almost the same time as their I-130. I imagine it's because their I-129s would have had to go through to the embassies otherwise. For us, who filed for the k3 later, the magic doesn't work.

I know. It takes me an average of 10 - 12 redials before it rings through, and then at least a half hour on hold before I get a human on the line. Thank goodness we use Vonage so we don't pay for calls to the US!

Probably you'll get your case number around the first of June. It seems to take about a month from arrival to case number generation.

Sweet! Good for you! We're not far behind you (I hope!)

Seems like a little less than two months on average (on the NVC spreadsheet the average is sitting around 54 days)

See above, and also check out the spreadsheet (there's a link in the very first post of the NVC monthly thread.) there was a Canadian filer this week who got case complete last week and got a mid June interview date!

I wish you luck, but it seems unlikely that you will get everything in within 2 weeks. It took about a week from case number to having the AOS fee available, another couple days before it showed as paid, and as of now the IV fee hasn't been invoiced yet. Once it has been invoiced and paid, it usually takes a couple more days before the ds260 is available to be filled out. My guess is that the fastest you'll get through your end of the NVC process is 3weeks. But then all you have to do is hang out, hope for no checklists, and a quick case complete!

Either way, good luck and I wish you (and all of us) the best!

I think I saw that Canadian filer! and thats why i am eager to get done with this stage :D

I wonder if calling make difference to get your IV fee?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

TSC update:

it's been 60 days since my transfer. from NBC to TSC, and my i-797c notice of action for the transfer said to call after 60 days if not yet approved. well 60 days is today, so i called. guess what? transferred back to NBC! with no notice! i asked to file a service request based on the 60 days from transfer. i was told NBC is now working on cases from october, and the system would not let the agent (tier 1) open a service request. the agent said if i'm not approved before may 30 to call back and they'll let me file a service request.

Transferred back to NBC!? :wow: What's going on with TSC? :blink:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Filed: Timeline

No, we were just talking about how fast you can complete all the online forms/payments at NVC and send in the documents once you get your case/IIN number. 2 weeks is a good estimate. Then after that waiting for case complete, no idea how long since I guess it'd depend if you get a checklist or not.

Makes sense, thanks for clarifying. At that point, after the case complete, if you do not have a checklist then you are simply waiting for an interview date?

And why would someone get a checklist? Would that be for providing additional evidence (as was sent in the I130 phase), or if you were missing forms (or otherwise incorrectly filled out forms) from the NVC process?

TSC update:

Were you able to speak to Tier-2?

You must try again. Be persistent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.