agniecha78

No biometrics appointment after 3 months from filing!!

28 posts in this topic

I don't know what's with July 11th as priority date since I read a lot of posts saying they are having delays on their applications too (me as well). The only letter I got from them after the Notice of Receipt was the yellow letter (Pre-Interview Notice) saying that I need to bring all the passports I've used and my state ID.

One more month then I'll be beyond the normal processing time. This is giving me a lot of frustrations. Please keep posting all your updates so we can help out each other.

I am in the same situation like you. Applied for N-400 on July 9 and received receipt notice, followed by the pre-interview notice to bring driver license to my interview. I had to put a service request for FP in September. Nothing received after that. Talked several times with customer rep, but only answer I got that I already know from USCIS website.So, last friday I called again and found out they responded back to my service request through email, and email address they got in their system was wrong. So, I asked customer rep what I will do if they contact me again through email. Customer rep transferred my line to the 2nd tier officer. After waiting for 42 min, the officer said they sent me a FP letter in July. But I have not received anything. Then she suggested me to contact directly to my local office. She gave me their mailing address and asked me to mail the local office to reschedule my bio-metrics, she also said to send the copy of original receipt notice that I received from USCIS. Let's see whether I get any reply from them. She also said that my local office which is Alexandria, VA is backlogged. I will wait for another week, then I will put 2nd service request through USCIS. Hope for the best. Try to talk to a 2nd tier officer, only he/she can give information that you need to proceed with N-400.

Hope this helps!

Edited by depressedwife

• 3 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

A little update to this thread. So until today I still haven't heard anything , even after calling them a few more times. Finally I called today and asked to be tranferred to somebody else that can tell me something more than just to wait another 30 days. Clearly, I've waited long enough. So after being on hold for 2.5 hours to speak to a 2nd level representative I found out that my case is on hold, because I had a biometrics appointement on August 13 that I missed!! I never received the letter!!! What makes me furious the most is that after so many phonecalls , and most of all my Infopass appointement back in October , nobody told me oh yeah, we had an appointemnt scheduled for you but you didn't show up !! So now I have to write a letter to VA requesting rescheduling my biometrics. I'll probably be waiting another 6 months for that!! So frustrating!

A little update to this thread. So until today I still haven't heard anything , even after calling them a few more times. Finally I called today and asked to be tranferred to somebody else that can tell me something more than just to wait another 30 days. Clearly, I've waited long enough. So after being on hold for 2.5 hours to speak to a 2nd level representative I found out that my case is on hold, because I had a biometrics appointement on August 13 that I missed!! I never received the letter!!! What makes me furious the most is that after so many phonecalls , and most of all my Infopass appointement back in October , nobody told me oh yeah, we had an appointemnt scheduled for you but you didn't show up !! So now I have to write a letter to VA requesting rescheduling my biometrics. I'll probably be waiting another 6 months for that!! So frustrating!

Dont wait to write a letter to application support center. I was in the same situation, and 2nd tier officer asked me to write a letter to reschedule my biometrics appointment. I waited for 5 months for my biometrics letter, but never received any. 2nd tier officer told me that I missed my bio appointment, unfortunately I have never received any mail from USCIS. I made an infopass appointment, and officer told me that my case is on hold since I missed my biometrics. Then she issued me a biometrics letter without any question. I think USCIS is having some problem, many of us didn't actually receive any bio letter. The process became easy for me after getting bio letter. I applied for citizenship in july/2013, then did my bio in December, then interview was in feb and now I am in que for my oath ceremony. The total process will be 9 months . My suggestion would be- don't wait anymore, once you hit one month time period after the submission of N-400, you should be worried about your bio-letter. Make an info-pass immediately and ask for the fingerprint date.

Hope this helps. Good luck on your citizenship journey.

Timeline

Thanks !! I just made an info pass for March 7. I am so tired of this, this whole process has been a nightmare!!!! It's unbelievable that the check is cashed within 5 minutes of receiving, but getting an answer from anybody is impossible!!!

My last info pass was at the end of October, which was 2 months after my biometrics date ( which I missed because I didn't get the letter) . So when I sat there and asked why I haven't received my biometrics yet and she opened up the computer she couldn't tell me " well you did have an appointment on August 13 " ?!?!?! Seriously ?! All I heard after driving 40 miles each way was to keep waiting.

"My suggestion would be- don't wait anymore, once you hit one month time period after the submission of N-400, you should be worried about your bio-letter. Make an info-pass immediately and ask for the fingerprint date"

My wife will be sending in her N-400 package next week......I hope we don't encounter any snags along the way. Great advice "Depressedwife"!!

NATURALIZATION

02/25/2014 - Eligibility date.

03/03/2014 - N-400 package mailed.

03/11/2014 - Check cashed.

03/14/2014 - NOA received.

04/09/2014 - Biometrics.

04/28/2014 - In-Line for Interview - 6 hours later Interview Scheduled!!

05/02/2014 - Interview Letter received. (Mailed on 29 April)

05/26/2014 - 3 year anniversary.

06/02/2014 - Interview. PASSED!

09/11/2014 - Oath Ceremony.

09/16/2014 - Updated driver licence and registered to vote.

10/08/2014 - Updated Social Security

10/14/2014 - Applied for U.S. Passport

10/27/2014 - U.S. Passport arrived in mail (13 days - DID NOT expedite)

10/30/2014 - Naturalization Certificate arrived in mail (was not folded)

MY IMMIGRATION JOURNEY IS OFFICIALLY FINISHED!!

It has been a month since I got my NOA, and not bio appointment letter yet in the mail. I will have my husband call USCIS tomorrow to demand a tier 2 officer to talk to. I am just worried that, I 'miss' my appointment even if I have not gotten an appointment letter. Sigh.

NATURALIZATION

01-11-2014 N-400 Packet Sent

01-17-2014 Check cleared

01-24-2014 Received NOA dated 01/14 in the mail

02-20-2014 1st Service Request created for delayed biometric appointment letter

03-01-2014 Received 'yellow' letter in the mail

03-28-2014 2nd Service Request created since the 1st request had no response from the assigned Service Center

04-07-2014 Received biometric appointment letter in the mail

04-25-2014 At last, my biometric appointment!!!!

06-09-2014 Interview - recommended for approval!

07-17-2014 Oath Ceremoney USCIS-Orlando Office! I'm A United States Citizen

AOS AND EAD
02-13-2009 AOS Packet Sent
02-15-2009 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
02-23-2009 Date of NOA1 (AOS & EAD)
02-25-2009 Check Cleared
02-27-2009 Received NOA1s (AOS and EAD) and Bio Appointment Letter in the mail!!
03-18-2009 Biometric Appointment
04-17-2009 EAD card production ordered!
04-27-2009 EAD card in received in mail
06-19-2009 Received interview appointment in the mail
08-19-2009 Interview Date APPROVED!
08-28-2009 Received 10-year GC in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

It has been a month since I got my NOA, and not bio appointment letter yet in the mail. I will have my husband call USCIS tomorrow to demand a tier 2 officer to talk to. I am just worried that, I 'miss' my appointment even if I have not gotten an appointment letter. Sigh.

Call USCIS and demand to talk to a tier2 officer. The customer service can't see more then what you see online. Sometimes I wonder whats the purpose of having them if they can't add to what I know already. Schedule an infopass and see whats going on with your file, don't wait anymore you could miss your date if you don't see what's going on. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I took your advice and I scheduled an info pass vs writing a letter to request a new date for my fingerprints. I told them my story, and a really nice girl who helped me, filled out a walk in biometrics request form. They have an Application Support Center in the building so they took my fingerprints 2 min later. Hopefully something starts happening now! Thanks everyone for the advice and I will say the same thing : don't bother calling 1-800 number , they are useless and it's a waste of time.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this in another thread, but I just want to give an update regarding my case....basically, it has been 65 calendar days since my priority date and I still have not receive my bio appointment letter.

It looks like I am the only one left out here. I still do not have my bio appointment. I went for an Infopass today at the local service center, and the 1-hour trip was not helpful at all. The immigration officer advised me that my papers are still with the NBC and they could not do anything about it. He advised me to call and mail NBC about the appointment, so that's what I did. Also, last 02/20/14 I called in and a Service Request was created. Today basically is the 30th days since the Service Request date. I called the customer service number and talked to a Tier 2 Officer. Accordingly, my case is indeed not scheduled yet for a bio appointment. I asked if there is any issue with my application, and apparently, there was none. He basically told me it is just a normal 'delay' and many applicants with almost the same priority date as mine have not yet gotten their bio appointment letter. The thing that I do not get - the Service Request was closed TODAY, but there was no action/response created. So basically, the Tier 2 Officer told me to wait for another 30 days to follow up if I still do not get my letter, call them again. Sigh. The only letter I got since the NOA is the yellow letter telling me to bring my Driver's License at the interview. :-( So I guess, I am one of the unlucky ones...

Edited by island_princess

NATURALIZATION

01-17-2014 Check cleared

03-28-2014 2nd Service Request created since the 1st request had no response from the assigned Service Center

AOS AND EAD
02-25-2009 Check Cleared
02-27-2009 Received NOA1s (AOS and EAD) and Bio Appointment Letter in the mail!!

Timeline

I know exactly how you are feeling !! It's so frustrating. I got to the point, while I was waiting, that I just couldn't hear another person tell me to wait another 30 days and call back. Based on my experience , my advice would be to make another info pass. My first one was useless. After driving for an hour each way, I heard that I'm still within a normal time frame for my case. But after calling a couple more times and basically 2 months of waiting I made another info pass because the whole situation was getting a little ridiculous. On the second info pass they took my fingerprints right there ( they have a ASC in the building ). Although our situation is a little different ( your biometrics are not scheduled yet, and mine were scheduled but I never received the letter therefore I missed it ) , I would not bother calling as they are useless. So are the service requests .

Yesterday I received the letter with my interview date April 24.

Congrats!

I am still waiting for my bio apt letter. :-(

NATURALIZATION

01-17-2014 Check cleared

AOS AND EAD
02-25-2009 Check Cleared

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Today I had my interview !! I took maybe 10 minutes. IO asked for my passport and green card, asked me to confirm some info like address etc. She asked me to write " Citizens can vote" , and read the sentence " Who can vote". Then she told me she would start with the civics test, I got the first 6 questions right, so she stopped there. Then she went through the entire application, and asked about everything I wrote down ( my husband's Bday, trips outside the US, previous addresses ) and all the YES/NO questions.

At the end she gave me a piece of paper with the date of the interview and checked that I passed and I'm approved, and told me to wait for the letter with my oath ceremony date. On the way out she handed me a bunch of brochures about being a citizen, a letter from Obama, passport application and that was it. So so happy !!:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.