Sureshot53

Embassy response to receiving packet 3

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Is this a standard response from from Kingston after they receive your DS-230?

Dear sir/madam,

We have received the attached documents. You may email us in a couple weeks and if an appointment has been scheduled a copy of the letter can be emailed.

Regards

Visa unit

US Embassy Kingston

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Normally, I would tell you wait two weeks to see if interview has been issued by calling DOS, but now, you will just have to wait for response from Embassy.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

In my lette they state IF an appointment is scheduled. But your letter states an appointment WILL be scheduled. Wonder if I should read into that as meaning anything special. Does anyone have any information on how long it took to get appointment after receiving such confirmation from embassy?

Timeline

Sureshot53, I would not worry. I think the wording varies slighty because of the agent responding to the email in a general mailbox.

What instructions did they give you in your packet 3 letter. (If you received the actual mail from them)

Timeline

Sureshot53,

Packet 3 email read as follows; the medical form, as well as the fiance checklist with the links to 156,156K,157 was attached in a document.

Dear Sir/madam, Please fill out the Ds230 Part 1 Biographic Data form and email copy to this email address. This will start the process of scheduling an appointment for the interview.

Regards

Visa Unit

Timeline

ON 09/30 I SENT A EMAIL TO THE EMBASSY LETTING THEM NO I COMPLETED THE DS-260 ON LINE, AND ASK CAN THEY EMAIL PACKAGE 3-4 THEY RESPONDED BACK ON 10/3 BY EMAILING ME A FIANCE VISA CHECKLIST, WITH THE LINK TO ,FORMS 156, 156K, 157, AND THEY ALSO INFORMED ME THAT I HAD TO COMPLETE PART 1 OF THE DS-230 IN ORDER TO GET A INTERVIEW DATE, BE CAUSE THE DS-260 IS UNACCEPTABLE AT THIS TIME, SO I EMAIL THE DS-230 BACK TO EMBASSY ON 10/3, AND REQUEST THAT THEY SEND PACKAGE 3-4 BY EMAIL, I HAVE NOT RECEIVED, A EMAIL BACK YET, I CALL DOS TODAY, AND THEY GAVE ME MY INTERVIEW DATE, BUT IM A LITTLE WORRIED BECAUSE THEY SAID THE PACKAGE 3 WAS MAILED OUT ON 10/1, AND I HAVE NOT RECIEVE IT, DOS SAY PACKAGE 4 WAS MAILED OUT 10/8, IF I HAVENT RECEIVE PACKAGE 3 YET , HOW DO I NO I WILL RECEIVE PACKAGE 4, NEED LETTER TO TAKE TO MEDICAL, ANYONE HAVE ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTION, ON HOW I CAN GET THESE PACKAGE EMAIL TO ME,

Timeline

ON 09/30 I SENT A EMAIL TO THE EMBASSY LETTING THEM NO I COMPLETED THE DS-260 ON LINE, AND ASK CAN THEY EMAIL PACKAGE 3-4 THEY RESPONDED BACK ON 10/3 BY EMAILING ME A FIANCE VISA CHECKLIST, WITH THE LINK TO ,FORMS 156, 156K, 157, AND THEY ALSO INFORMED ME THAT I HAD TO COMPLETE PART 1 OF THE DS-230 IN ORDER TO GET A INTERVIEW DATE, BE CAUSE THE DS-260 IS UNACCEPTABLE AT THIS TIME, SO I EMAIL THE DS-230 BACK TO EMBASSY ON 10/3, AND REQUEST THAT THEY SEND PACKAGE 3-4 BY EMAIL, I HAVE NOT RECEIVED, A EMAIL BACK YET, I CALL DOS TODAY, AND THEY GAVE ME MY INTERVIEW DATE, BUT IM A LITTLE WORRIED BECAUSE THEY SAID THE PACKAGE 3 WAS MAILED OUT ON 10/1, AND I HAVE NOT RECIEVE IT, DOS SAY PACKAGE 4 WAS MAILED OUT 10/8, IF I HAVENT RECEIVE PACKAGE 3 YET , HOW DO I NO I WILL RECEIVE PACKAGE 4, NEED LETTER TO TAKE TO MEDICAL, ANYONE HAVE ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTION, ON HOW I CAN GET THESE PACKAGE EMAIL TO ME,

I had the same issue, called DOS in the morning because my status was updated on 10/08 but they told me no interview was scheduled. Maybe I called too early. What time did you call DOS?

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi, I was just wondering how did you call dos and get an interview date. When i called the dos they give me the NVC number and when i talk to them they said the embassy in Kingston schedule the interviews not them. Or is you calling a different number. ?

Timeline

Hi, I was just wondering how did you call dos and get an interview date. When i called the dos they give me the NVC number and when i talk to them they said the embassy in Kingston schedule the interviews not them. Or is you calling a different number. ?

no they didn't give me my date I check the Ceac Web to see what was going on with my case and notice there was a Update on the date so I called DOS to see why the date changed and they informed me the reason the date change because I have a interview date now

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.