Together4ever

Update

176 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Jean and Mohamed! I sure hope and pray that you get that visa this week, inshallah and would be getting the plane ticket by the end of the week, or already flying over!

Jean, don't get depressed, it's always darker before the dawn. Wish you best of luck and to the consulate to wake up and smell the visa being printed!! And give it to Mohamed ASAP!!!

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yipppeyyyy Jean,

Finally some progress and here i was staring at your other post. I am happy for you, by the way does the embassy have your fiance's passport? Keep us posted.

f68cm6.png

4/7/08 -------> Rec'd email from USCIS showing Card Ordered, Woot Woot

4/14/08 -----> 10 yr green card in hand

Citizenship Timeline

8/20/08 -------> Mailed N-400 to TSC

8/21/08 -------> N-400 rec'd by TSC @ 10:42 am signed for by C Maxa

8/26/08 -------> Check cashed

8/28/08 -------> Called USCIS was told biometrics scheduled for Sept 12 @ 3 pm

9/02/08 -------> Received NOA 1 showing receipt date as August 22, 2008

9/02/08 -------> Received bio appt by snail mail verifying scheduled date as 9/12 @ 3 pm

9/12/08 -------> Fingerprints taken

12/16/08------> Interview @ 10:05 am [PASSED]; OAth given at 2 pm

***MY HUSBAND IS NOW A USC***

12/29/08 -----> Filed for US passport book and passport card for my husband

01/08/09 -----> Rec'd US passport book in mail today; still waiting for card and return of natz cert

1/10/09 ------> Rec'd US passport card and Natz cert.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Wave "hi" to Mohammed. I know he's going to be reading here today. (Hi, Honey (L) )

Hoping they pushed that "print" button today! :thumbs: HI MOHAMMED!!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR ALL US TO GET TOGETHER!!!! :dance:

Filed: Timeline

Cairo, for the most part, asks passports to be turned in with the packet of information they require to schedule the interview. Then, if after the interview they continue forward, they retain the passport until the visa is issued and then its sent to their courier service for dispersement. They have had Mohammed's passport since February. He told me he'll kiss it when he sees it again. (dork) I hope I'm not setting myself up for another fall but I'm hopeful he'll hear something this week. We would really like to hope he can be here by next Friday at the latest. He was jabbering like a little jay bird tonight and it feels so good to see him this light and bubbly... more like the pre-visa Mohammed. I'd do anything to see him stay this happy.

Amy, we would love to be able to get together. Let's hope its in this century!

You know, every time I went to print a document today, I hit the stupid key really hard. I caught myself and had a good laugh.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Aww Jean! I'll make a special dua for you and Mohammad tonight -- I really really hope you see that visa and soon!! I kissed Youssef's visa when I saw it ;)

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It really sounds good. Consulate will not normally even suggest he will get the visa unless it is set in stone. How long does it take with the courier?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

I have no idea how long it takes. I sent a follow up email yesterday asking for verification and how long for delivery, but of course no reply this morning. No word from Mohammed except for a lovely "I love you" text at 4:30 am.

I'm so nerved up. If I just KNEW the thing was in his passport the rest is just gravy. I am really seriously wanting to just be able to relax. It's been two weeks of "carrot dangling" and I'm exhausted.

I have to say the prospects of another 10-hour work day don't look very appealing right now. I sure would like to sleep.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jean,

Hang in there...it sound like you are almost there...Both, you and Mohammed are in my prayers and I am looking forward to a final visa in hand message...

Take care,

Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

news? hang in there, Jean!

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

No news. To be honest I didn't expect anything today. I just can't shake this nervousness. I wonder how long we get to ride this roller coaster? I felt so bad for Moh tonight. He's downright depressed. He's just afraid something else will delay things and he wants to be here for Christmas. He and my youngest son had a nice talk tonight. Alex got my cell phone and played my Mission Impossible ring tone for Mohammed and said "it's our mission to get Mohammed here as soon as possible!" I think he was trying to cheer him up. We'll see what tomorrow brings...

No news. To be honest I didn't expect anything today. I just can't shake this nervousness. I wonder how long we get to ride this roller coaster? I felt so bad for Moh tonight. He's downright depressed. He's just afraid something else will delay things and he wants to be here for Christmas. He and my youngest son had a nice talk tonight. Alex got my cell phone and played my Mission Impossible ring tone for Mohammed and said "it's our mission to get Mohammed here as soon as possible!" I think he was trying to cheer him up. We'll see what tomorrow brings...

hehe I had the mission impossible ring tone on my old cell phone for 2 years! It won't transfer to my new phone coz the old one doesn't have bluetooth or whatever it is. My phone just isn't the same without that ring tone!. I'm keeping you both in my prayers! I am sure you'll hear something soon!!!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm really really hoping that you'll hear something tomorrow before the weekend starts. You're both still in my thoughts and prayers and Im' wishing you all the best.

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.