THD

Frustrated & Concerned

8 posts in this topic

Filed: E-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all,

Hopefully "someone here" can help shed some light on our current situation as it seems as though we;ve not only hit a brick wall, but also getting the run around.

As some of you may know, my gal is from the Philippines. She filed for an I-140 about 6 years ago after being promised a job with a medical firm in NH. Instead of just doing the work visa, she wanted to also bring her 2 girls, ages 17 & 13. She had hired a lawyer out of NY who is also filippino and up until recently, seem to have been doing a decent job. She paid him right at $4000.00, WHICH WAS SUPPOSE TO COVER EVERYTHING.

Well, now, almost 7 years later, we went to the US Embasy in Manila & they told us that the Nebraska Service center sent her lawyer an email to make payement for the immigration fees for her & her daughters back in May. & that is the last information that the embasy has. When she spoke to her lawyer back in February, he then told her that everything was out of his hands & that his job was done.

This is very upsetting not to mention extreamly aggrivating for both of us as we have absolutely no idea as to where to go from here. We have BOTH her Reciept # in which she recieved way back when as well as her Case # from the NVC which starts with MNL.

Can & WILL SOMEONE PLEASE!!! help to point us in the right direction so as we can know & see where our case truely stands? For right now, as it stands, it sounds like that the NVC is awaiting the combined Lawyer immigrant Visa Affidavit of support fee $405 immigrant visa fee for @ of her & her daughters & affidavit support fee of $65 @. All of this was "Suppose" to have included in what we've already paid to the Lawyer.

Where can we go on the web to research or see all of the info to her NVC Case #?

Thanks in advanced

There will never be a thing as safe sex, until there is a condom for the heart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi all,

Hopefully "someone here" can help shed some light on our current situation as it seems as though we;ve not only hit a brick wall, but also getting the run around.

As some of you may know, my gal is from the Philippines. She filed for an I-140 about 6 years ago after being promised a job with a medical firm in NH. Instead of just doing the work visa, she wanted to also bring her 2 girls, ages 17 & 13. She had hired a lawyer out of NY who is also filippino and up until recently, seem to have been doing a decent job. She paid him right at $4000.00, WHICH WAS SUPPOSE TO COVER EVERYTHING.

Well, now, almost 7 years later, we went to the US Embasy in Manila & they told us that the Nebraska Service center sent her lawyer an email to make payement for the immigration fees for her & her daughters back in May. & that is the last information that the embasy has. When she spoke to her lawyer back in February, he then told her that everything was out of his hands & that his job was done.

This is very upsetting not to mention extreamly aggrivating for both of us as we have absolutely no idea as to where to go from here. We have BOTH her Reciept # in which she recieved way back when as well as her Case # from the NVC which starts with MNL.

Can & WILL SOMEONE PLEASE!!! help to point us in the right direction so as we can know & see where our case truely stands? For right now, as it stands, it sounds like that the NVC is awaiting the combined Lawyer immigrant Visa Affidavit of support fee $405 immigrant visa fee for @ of her & her daughters & affidavit support fee of $65 @. All of this was "Suppose" to have included in what we've already paid to the Lawyer.

Where can we go on the web to research or see all of the info to her NVC Case #?

Thanks in advanced

Do u mean a I-130 she filed 7 years ago?

When was the last contact with NVC? You need to be on the phone to them.

The Immigration Visa fee is $230 per applicant. And the $88 for Affidavit of support paid just once for all 3.

Is your wife a US citizen now?

A side note please report the lawyer to the ABA of your state. That is criminal what he did.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: E-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do u mean a I-130 she filed 7 years ago?

When was the last contact with NVC? You need to be on the phone to them.

The Immigration Visa fee is $230 per applicant. And the $88 for Affidavit of support paid just once for all 3.

Is your wife a US citizen now?

A side note please report the lawyer to the ABA of your state. That is criminal what he did.

According to both my fieance & the lady at the Embassy, she filed for an I140 (from what I can remember) She is being sponsored by a Medical firm in NH. But there is a twist to all of this. Some how in her petition, she is able to file for full immigration status for both her & the girls. Once they are here in the states, and after she completes her contract with the firm, she can apply for citizenship for the thre of them.

You mentioned something about reporting the Lawyer to someone? to who & how ? I'm personnally tempted to making the trip to NY and give this guy a knuckle sandwich.

She was asking me last night, she was wondering, while she is waiting for her visa, can she & the girls apply for a tourist visa so as to come & see our new home here in NC without hurting her status or application?

I will be heading back to the States tonight so it may be a day or two b4 I can respond. So again, thank you in advance.

There will never be a thing as safe sex, until there is a condom for the heart.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Contact the medical firm. They are the petitioner, they should have done all the paperwork for your wife.

Call NVC if the petition is still active.

Looks to me like your wife has been scammed by the lawyer.

Why don't you just file i-130 for her as your spouse? You can also file i-130 for your stepkids, if you married their mom before their 18th birthday.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dont use a lawyer it cost a lot of money and delayed ur papers.

Just follow the instructions and submit all the necessary documents.

Call the nvc and ask what is the update or status in ur case and they will tell u exactly

What is the missinh documents.

Timeline for my Mother

April 19, 2013 - submit the form I-130

April 22, 2013 - Receive the NOA1

July 29, 2013 - Approved NOA2 ( 82 working days)

July 30, 2013 - USCIS shipped my documents to NVC

Aug 5, 2013 - Arrived at NVC Building

Aug 13, 2013 - Got the NVC case # via PHONE

Aug 14, 2013 - Got the Invoice # via PHONE

Aug 15, 2013 - Send my DS-3032 via Email

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

Aug 17, 2013 - Got an email to print the COVER SHEET

Aug 21, 2013 - send the AOS overnight at NVC

Aug 28, 2013 - Accept the DS-3032

Aug 30, 2013 - IV BILL pay and Documents Sent to NVC receive the checklist AOS.

September 19, 2013 Sent back the checklist

September 20, 2013 Sept 26, arrived @ NVC

Sept 30,2013 - already encode to their system

ADVANCE MEDICAL @ St. Luke - SEPTEMBER 23, 2013

CASE COMPLETE AS OF TODAY : OCTOBER 23,2013

NOVEMBER 1 , 2013 -Documents left at NVC - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center

NOVEMBER 4, 2013 Delivered - Signed for by : CEZAR NARTEA

NOVEMBER 5, 2013 - CEAC Case Creation Date: 13-Aug-2013 Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2013 Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

DECEMBER 09, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE FOR MY MOTHER ( scheduled by NVC)

RESCHEDULED ONLINE for my mother interview early, NOVEMBER 18, 2013 - PASSED THE INTERVIEW!!!

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

11-25-2013 -2go -- transit

11-26-2013 - VISA ON HAND

12-05-2013 - scheduled fly to USA.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Dont use a lawyer it cost a lot of money and delayed ur papers.

Just follow the instructions and submit all the necessary documents.

Call the nvc and ask what is the update or status in ur case and they will tell u exactly

What is the missinh documents.

Linglady,

Side question: How did you confirm that your case left USCIS to NVC on a specific date? Did you just call USCIS?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You mentioned something about reporting the Lawyer to someone? to who & how ? I'm personnally tempted to making the trip to NY and give this guy a knuckle sandwich.

I had mentioned to call the ABA (American Bar Association) in the state the lawyer practices ad make a complaint. They check it out and some lawyers have lost their license to practice. Who knows there may have been more complaints.

That I-140 would have been done by the employer so I agree with Apple21 I believe she was scammed. Check it out call NVC.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Linglady,

Side question: How did you confirm that your case left USCIS to NVC on a specific date? Did you just call USCIS?

I call the uscis after i got my noa2 via text. Then after that i call the nvc..

Good luck

Timeline for my Mother

April 19, 2013 - submit the form I-130

April 22, 2013 - Receive the NOA1

July 29, 2013 - Approved NOA2 ( 82 working days)

July 30, 2013 - USCIS shipped my documents to NVC

Aug 5, 2013 - Arrived at NVC Building

Aug 13, 2013 - Got the NVC case # via PHONE

Aug 14, 2013 - Got the Invoice # via PHONE

Aug 15, 2013 - Send my DS-3032 via Email

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

Aug 17, 2013 - Got an email to print the COVER SHEET

Aug 21, 2013 - send the AOS overnight at NVC

Aug 28, 2013 - Accept the DS-3032

Aug 30, 2013 - IV BILL pay and Documents Sent to NVC receive the checklist AOS.

September 19, 2013 Sent back the checklist

September 20, 2013 Sept 26, arrived @ NVC

Sept 30,2013 - already encode to their system

ADVANCE MEDICAL @ St. Luke - SEPTEMBER 23, 2013

CASE COMPLETE AS OF TODAY : OCTOBER 23,2013

NOVEMBER 1 , 2013 -Documents left at NVC - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center

NOVEMBER 4, 2013 Delivered - Signed for by : CEZAR NARTEA

NOVEMBER 5, 2013 - CEAC Case Creation Date: 13-Aug-2013 Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2013 Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

DECEMBER 09, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE FOR MY MOTHER ( scheduled by NVC)

RESCHEDULED ONLINE for my mother interview early, NOVEMBER 18, 2013 - PASSED THE INTERVIEW!!!

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

11-25-2013 -2go -- transit

11-26-2013 - VISA ON HAND

12-05-2013 - scheduled fly to USA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.