MattNickless

Just for my piece of mind.. Can a recent interviewee double check the list I have prepared for my Interview in 2 days

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I know there's several of these flying around, but for my piece of mind would recent interviewee's mind checking what I have prepared for the interview on Tuesday?

I'll delete this post when answers are received to not clog up the forum.

Thank you!

Documents:

Passport

Police Certificate (+ copy)

Original Birth Certificate (+ copy)

Packet 3 & 4 letters

Email & Printed instructions of $240 fee payment

Completed DS-230 Part II - not signed/written below the stated line

Completed I-134 Affidavit of Support

Fiancee letter from fiance employer stating earnings and employment

Fiancee latest tax returns

Fiancee last 6 months bank statements

4 x USA specification sized passport photos

2x letters of intent to marry each other again (updated ones dated last month)

I haven't prepared any proof of relationship yet, I have copies from I129F, but I'll include what I did with the I129F and take some more photos and flight confirmation emails...

How does this sound?! Hopefully I'm all prepared, as I say, greatly appreciate your help confirming this :)

Timeline for Matthew & Genevieve

I129F sent: 03/20/13

NOA1: 04/02/13

Transfer to TX SC: 07/10

NOA2: 07/24/13

NVC case number given: 08/16/13

NVC 'Ready': 08/19/13

Medical: 08/31/13

Packet 3 forms submitted before receiving letter: 08/20/13

Packet 3 letter received: 09/05/13

Medical results logged: 09/05/13

Packet 3 documents logged: 09/19/13

Interview date assigned: 09/25/13

Interview date: 10/01/13 (Approved)

Due to collect passport from the Embassy (arranged 10/04): collected from London Embassy 10/08/13 (day before my flight!)

Flight/POE: 10/09/13 - Minneapolis

GOT HITCHED!! - 11/01/13
Filed AOS - 11/05/13

EAD received - 02/27/14
Green Card received - 06/12/14

I was asked for

Passport

Birth cert plus copy

Police cert plus copy

Divorce decree plus copy

Military record plus copy

Affadavit of support

Tax transcript from 2012

2 US passport size photos

MRV receipt and appt letter, (PKT4) you need that to get in

I volunteered other stuff

Bank statement showing a US dollar account of mine

Signal showing voluntary redundancy from RN

I had loads of other stuff but not needed

Edited by nobbie

I would bet money on:

Get in the door with

Passport

Packet 3 & 4 letters Appointment letter

Documents they will want:

Passport

Police Certificate (+ copy)

Original long form Birth Certificate (+ copy)

Email & Printed instructions of $240 fee payment

Completed I-134 Affidavit of Support

Fiancee letter from fiance employer stating earnings and employment

4 2x USA specification sized passport photos

Take if it makes you feel more secure

Completed DS-230 Part II - not signed/written below the stated line (Not a K1 form)

Fiancee latest tax returns A good backup

Fiancee last 6 months bank statements

Proof of relationship

2x letters of intent to marry each other again (updated ones dated last month) Only if you interview after Nov 24. Your instruction letter from London says it must be notarized to revalidate an expired petition. And it is only needed from the USC because one of your forms DS-156K has that exact intention that you sign in front of the officer. It is redundant for the person interviewing to write a letter.

That is assuming you have ruled out everything else on the London list like military records, a name change deed poll, a divorce decree, any court records or memorandum of conviction or subject access report because of having a caution, .....

That's my opinion ( based on a lot of reading)

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

They didn't want the copies of the (3) Police Reports I had, they just took the originals.

I did also have original Deed Poll name change + one copy

Original Divorce Cert + one copy

Original wedding Cert + copy (which they did not ask for)

Certified Copy of Consent Order + copy containing permission from my ex-Spouse to relocate with children

My fiance also wrote a new letter of Intent but that wasn't asked for either.

Timeline

Hi can anyone advise if I will be required to submit with my documents that I send with packet 3 or take to interview a revised and notorised letter of intent to marry from my american fiancee? we submitted this with the i-129f, I am just trying to be ahead of the game as he is in the states just now but will be leaving the country soon to go to work in africa for the next 8 weeks and I am hoping to have my interview during that time and this is the only chance I will have from him to send me any more required documents ?

anne

Hi can anyone advise if I will be required to submit with my documents that I send with packet 3 or take to interview a revised and notorised letter of intent to marry from my american fiancee? we submitted this with the i-129f, I am just trying to be ahead of the game as he is in the states just now but will be leaving the country soon to go to work in africa for the next 8 weeks and I am hoping to have my interview during that time and this is the only chance I will have from him to send me any more required documents ?

anne

It is only needed if your petition approval expires. That means you have to interview/get visa by around Dec 30 or you will need a notarized letter from him to take to the interview. It states that in the instruction letter from the embassy. And a small correction to your thinking--- no DOCUMENTS are sent with packet 3. Only forms are mailed to the embassy. Documents go in hand with you to the interview.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

thank you for clarifying Nich-Nich, I don't know what we would all do without your help and dedication

, I have changed my medical to this Friday instead of the week after, I am still waiting for packet 3 so hopefully this will be today, as I am having no luck getting access to the new DS260 form, I have tried with my date of birth but no joy, I have all my other forms ready, they have been ready for months but remain undated as yet, just need transcipts and employer letter (is this required) as I have transcripts and I -134?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.