typo808

Accompanying fiancée during interview

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm sure the embassy knows that our presence there is not needed. Since it is her applying for the visa, you're not actually the one whom they will direct the questions to. In spite of it all, just being there will make things go by much quicker. Personally, I went there because it was my vacation time from work so I planned it in advance. But by being there, you can have someone to talk to and she will not be overwhelmed by what's happening. It assures the embassy personnel that you are indeed the petitioner and can be looked positive as to the whole process.

I remember a woman who went to the window of the American consul. She had a hard time understanding English so a translator came. When you are there, your fiance may not understand but you do. That way it eliminates all language barriers. It helps make their jobs easier from their view. As far as to the questions for the woman needing a translator, she did passed. As she left, the interviewer gave her the domestic violence pamphlet. Why didn't I get that when we were approved? They guy was cool but it seems he didnt know any tagalog at all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree that its not necessary that the petitioner goes, but it does help. I went to the interview with my fiancée and spent less than two minutes doing the interview. We were sitting close to the window so we could hear the interview questions of others. We got priority service becauce we had a child under two years old. There were two other females who both got the speedy service and went to interview windows after us. They did not have their petitioners with them and was really bring questioned tough. The CO asked the both about why the petitioner could not make it since they have been to Phils multiple times. Again not necessary but in my opinion could help.

================================================================
2011-01-30 First trip to Manila (work related)
2011-02-18 Second trip to Manila (work related)
2011-03-08 Met Jenny in Manila
2011-03-29 Third trip to Manila (work and Jenny related)
2011-04-17 Started relationship
2011-05-11 Fourth trip to Manila (work and Jenny related)
2011-06-19 Found out I would be a father for the first time
2011-08-18 Fifth trip to Manila (work and Jenny related)
2011-11-08 Sixth trip to Manila (work and Jenny related)
2011-11-08 Engaged to Jenny
2012-01-11 Seventh trip to Manila (work and Jenny related)
2012-02-09 Eighth trip to Manila (Birth of son)
2012-02-16 Son Dustin Neal born healthy in Manila
2012-09-24 Ninth trip to Manila (work and Jenny/Dustin related)

2013-06-18 Tenth trip to Manila (K1 - Interview!!!!)

2013-10-21 Eleventh trip to Manila (bringing Jenny/Dustin back)
=================================================================
2012-07-31 Sent I-129F package
2012-08-03 NOA1 Vermont Service Center delivered
2012-08-07 NOA1 Hard-copy received
2013-02-15 CBRA Interview for son Dustin

2013-02-25 NOA2 Email of Approval
2013-03-01 NOA2 Hard-copy received

2013-04-15 CBRA Approved

2013-06-14 Medical PASSED!!

2013-06-26 Interview Scheduled

2013-07-11 VISA IN HAND!!!

2013-10-31 POE - Atlanta

2014-01-18 MARRIED

Timeline

Mahaloz to all for your invaluable insights. It helps tremendously!

There are no red flags on our petition. Everything is stated and supported. Past divorce is clean and over 10yrs. Finances are strong and proof of relationship is too. I shouldn't worry so much but I would hate to restart the process at any point behind where we are now. This whole thing is such a pain the #######! Hehehe

To my bruddah, yeah brah, she get some comfort knowing get one jollibee, max's, golden coin and red ribbon here! Lol!!! Jokin aside, I found one sarisari store on beretania with da banana ketchup, pancit canton, all kine stuff from Philippines. But she like local grinds (I wen cook plate lunch for her. Chicken katsu, Teri beef, 2 scoop rice and Mac salad) she said if hawaii get plenty like dis, she happy!

And yah, bra! I do camera fo da games. I tired shooting losses!

K den!

Timeline

Lowering chances of approval? Not at all, as long as you have evidence of a real ongoing relationship the interview is a breeze. No worries.

Big thing at the interview is your fiancee being self-assured, confident, smiles and looks 'em in the eyes when speaking to the CO. wink.png

good.gif +10

We couldn't be together, and she did just fine. Did I WANT to be there? Yes. But couldn't. Now, if you have scheduled a vacation over there at the same time as the interview, and you would have gone this year anyway, no reason to NOT go with. But if money is tight, or time, then going has zero benefit on the VJ process.

I had planned to be with her at the interview when we started this process. After reading the many posts on VJ I decided it wasn't needed. Though my fiance was a bit disappointed at first, we decided the time off work and money could be better spent when she gets here. Then it turned out I have to be in japan and will be there until Nov 7th; her sputum test results are Oct 23rd. Considering Nov 11th is a company holiday I told her if by chance you can set the interview Nov 8th, 11th or 12th I will be there. She emailed me the next day with an interview confirmation for Nov 12th. So for me, the stars were aligned that day. I only have to pay one way Tokyo -> Manila and only have to take 1 vacation day.

Considering its been since June since I've seen her and that she is now SO happy I will be there, its a good idea for me regardless if it helps or not.

Filed: Timeline

Considering its been since June since I've seen her and that she is now SO happy I will be there, its a good idea for me regardless if it helps or not.

Believe me, it will HELP in the whole process. Congrats on the "alignment". Besides that, she will be thrilled to see you again, especially on that "day"

I had planned to be with her at the interview when we started this process. After reading the many posts on VJ I decided it wasn't needed. Though my fiance was a bit disappointed at first, we decided the time off work and money could be better spent when she gets here. Then it turned out I have to be in japan and will be there until Nov 7th; her sputum test results are Oct 23rd. Considering Nov 11th is a company holiday I told her if by chance you can set the interview Nov 8th, 11th or 12th I will be there. She emailed me the next day with an interview confirmation for Nov 12th. So for me, the stars were aligned that day. I only have to pay one way Tokyo -> Manila and only have to take 1 vacation day.

Now under these circumstances why not..even if she was not having interview is a great chance to see her on the cheap.

Two mins is about standard regardless if you go our not

How was your trip ? Did your bag get there ok

The flight went very smoothly, got all the bags okay too. I'm still here in Manila too, another week, before flying back Sunday. We had a party for all her family and friends to celebrate the engagement and approval. She'll be coming to the US in December.

barata-gif-3.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.