mrsushi66

The definition of Frustration....

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well, I got a Notice of Withdrawl from USCIS and I DIDN'T withdraw my petition.

My stomach is in knots I and I am so angry right now my bloodpressure must be off the charts!!!

I called the service desk they escalated my call. The next lady told me that I would have to write a letter to CSC and ask about the status. I about lost it right there. Then I calmly asked to speak to someone higher up. She came back on the line and said that a supervisor would call the CSC to determine what had happened. I am hoping that everyone helping is having a good day. She said they would call me back with the results of their investigation.

Worse yet I just realized if they sent me a letter I am wondering what they sent the Moscow Embassy!!!

Anna is so stressed right now I do not want to upset her even more by telling her this but I am afraid they have sent her something.

Paul Misses Anna

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Well, I got a Notice of Withdrawl from USCIS and I DIDN'T withdraw my petition.

My stomach is in knots I and I am so angry right now my bloodpressure must be off the charts!!!

I called the service desk they escalated my call. The next lady told me that I would have to write a letter to CSC and ask about the status. I about lost it right there. Then I calmly asked to speak to someone higher up. She came back on the line and said that a supervisor would call the CSC to determine what had happened. I am hoping that everyone helping is having a good day. She said they would call me back with the results of their investigation.

Worse yet I just realized if they sent me a letter I am wondering what they sent the Moscow Embassy!!!

Anna is so stressed right now I do not want to upset her even more by telling her this but I am afraid they have sent her something.

Paul Misses Anna

Paul,

How did you get the notice of withdrawl? You got a letter in the mail saying that your case it being stopped. Don't you have to stop it yourself in writing? You already have an appointment at the embassy, yet I am not sure what is going on, so please give us details.

Mike.

Timeline

Yes you do have to submit it in writing and no I did not submit anything in writing that said I was withdrawing the petition.

Yes our case was sent onto Moscow and yes we have an interview date.

The on-line status of my visa on the USCIS is Approved.

The Notice I got looks official and was dated Dec 4th, 2006.

I do not understand it myself and I am going crazy waiting for them to call me back with some information. The WAC number on the notice matches the WAC number in my on-line status.

I don't expect anyone to solve this one I was just venting, this one is out of all of our control!!! I think it came down to a data entry error. I have not had second thoughts about this ever...

There is one other possability but I do not want to think about it until they get back to me to answer a few questions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
There is one other possibility but I do not want to think about it until they get back to me to answer a few questions.
I believe either the beneficiary or the petitioner can ask for the case to be withdrawn. Check with your fiancée to make sure she is still on board. Also anyone in your nearest of social circles who knows enough about you can also send a withdrawal notice on your behalf, thus committing mail fraud or some other similar crime, but nevertheless create this problem. Of course the fall back is data entry error.

Timeline
There is one other possibility but I do not want to think about it until they get back to me to answer a few questions.
I believe either the beneficiary or the petitioner can ask for the case to be withdrawn. Check with your fiancée to make sure she is still on board. Also anyone in your nearest of social circles who knows enough about you can also send a withdrawal notice on your behalf, thus committing mail fraud or some other similar crime, but nevertheless create this problem. Of course the fall back is data entry error.

Yesh, nice thought. Not sure what kind of relationships you have or have had but I trust the woman I am involved with.

Timeline
Yeah, nice thought. Not sure what kind of relationships you have or have had but I trust the woman I am involved with
I'm happily married for 2 years and not facing any withdrawal notices. But if honesty is important, I think withdrawing before the interview is a whole lot more honest than doing it after AOS. Sorry if you took my post the wrong way, I was just trying to think of some plausible explanations.

Timeline
Yeah, nice thought. Not sure what kind of relationships you have or have had but I trust the woman I am involved with
I'm happily married for 2 years and not facing any withdrawal notices. But if honesty is important, I think withdrawing before the interview is a whole lot more honest than doing it after AOS. Sorry if you took my post the wrong way, I was just trying to think of some plausible explanations.

Your implication was quite apparent that she might withdraw without so much as saying a word to me. To make that observation you would have to assume that we do not have a relationship built on trust and communication. People make these sorts of observations and assumptions based on their own past experience since there is no way for you to know me or my current relationship or they are extremely cynical. Either way I feel sorry for you.

Timeline

This has really made me think. I can not believe they do not require a withdrawl notice to be notorized or at least wittnessed. I mean think about eveything you send in about the relationship and the petition is all verified in the end through interviews, double checked, triple checked, yet anyone could send in a letter with pieces of information while hard to get not impossible.

Even if the case officer who has the case were to make a 2 minute call or send and email to please contact them and validate the withdrawl notice things like this might not happen.

BTW the notice said the petitioner had submitted the request in writing, that would be me and I have done no such thing.

Paul Misses Anna

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
This has really made me think. I can not believe they do not require a withdrawl notice to be notorized or at least wittnessed. I mean think about eveything you send in about the relationship and the petition is all verified in the end through interviews, double checked, triple checked, yet anyone could send in a letter with pieces of information while hard to get not impossible.

Even if the case officer who has the case were to make a 2 minute call or send and email to please contact them and validate the withdrawl notice things like this might not happen.

BTW the notice said the petitioner had submitted the request in writing, that would be me and I have done no such thing.

Paul Misses Anna

That must be a mistake on their side. I would be just as pissed off as you are. Working so hard to get this application through so many government beuracratic agencies, finally get the date after which your life changes, and then get hit with this nonsense? This is a really rude mistake on their part, I would wait to hear from them first, and if nothing is resolved, contact my congressman.

I hope everything works out for you, and please keep us posted.

Mike.

Timeline
People make these sorts of observations and assumptions based on their own past experience since there is no way for you to know me or my current relationship or they are extremely cynical. Either way I feel sorry for you.
I actually made this observation after reading the following thread.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37104

It does not concern either one of us, but it was an example of a sudden change of heart. I agree with you about the cynical part, but we do have a few cases of love troubles here on the site. That is where I draw my conclusions from.

As for me, I was only 21 when I met my fiancée, so age wise it was impossible for me to have "many" relationships that went sour. I am also a native speaker and share the same culture so many issues that fellow Russian VJers run into weren't issues for us.

Also my take on the USCIS is that they hardly ever move. So for them to generate a withdrawal notice takes some movement on somebody's part. And they do make a lot of errors, but this is one odd error. Asking your fiancée if she had anything to do with this does not show lack of trust. It is simply going through the processes of elimination as to what triggered the "wrongful" notice.

Timeline
People make these sorts of observations and assumptions based on their own past experience since there is no way for you to know me or my current relationship or they are extremely cynical. Either way I feel sorry for you.
I actually made this observation after reading the following thread.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37104

It does not concern either one of us, but it was an example of a sudden change of heart. I agree with you about the cynical part, but we do have a few cases of love troubles here on the site. That is where I draw my conclusions from.

As for me, I was only 21 when I met my fiancée, so age wise it was impossible for me to have "many" relationships that went sour. I am also a native speaker and share the same culture so many issues that fellow Russian VJers run into weren't issues for us.

Also my take on the USCIS is that they hardly ever move. So for them to generate a withdrawal notice takes some movement on somebody's part. And they do make a lot of errors, but this is one odd error. Asking your fiancée if she had anything to do with this does not show lack of trust. It is simply going through the processes of elimination as to what triggered the "wrongful" notice.

Ok we obviously have differnt points of view. Anna and I email/talk on a regular basis and she has not given me reason to think she has had a change of heart. So to ask her this question in my opinion is to question her honesty with me thus far and something I am not going to do. All of your replies have never even hinted or asked me if I have recogized any signs that she has had a change of heart, you simply suggest I ask, again assuming I would not recognize signs that would percipitate such a situation. This is where you and I differ, I trust people until they give me a reason not to, you appear to want me to question her trust with no provocation. That I will not do. Call me an idealist call me silly but I truly believe you can't build a lasting relationship on doubt and suspision. Lets just agree that we have different approaches in this situation.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I trust people until they give me a reason not to
And yet you hide this news from her? Sounds like she is the one who may have some misplaced trust.

Yeah, I know you stated your reason....nevertheless, this is a material issue concerning her life and you should tell her ASAP. To do anything less is dishonest, IMHO.

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Timeline
I trust people until they give me a reason not to
And yet you hide this news from her? Sounds like she is the one who may have some misplaced trust.

Yeah, I know you stated your reason....nevertheless, this is a material issue concerning her life and you should tell her ASAP. To do anything less is dishonest, IMHO.

Cheers!

AKDiver

I see your point but guess what I will tell her when I have information. Where you might be into scaring and stressing out people when all you have is questions I prefer to get all of the information about what has happened before discussing it with Anna. So while you have your point of view I have mine and I believe mine is a bit more practical than just sending an email or calling her and telling her, hey I got a withdraw of application notice. Then when Anna starts asking questions all I can do is say I dont know, I dont know.

You telling me you have never held back something from a loved one until you knew all the facts or had more information?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.