bgamb

A sensitive topic/question.....

60 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have installed European shower with hand held spray because I like them but if She and kids think our showers are poopy butt cleaners, Well, my morning showers will be with water slippers to avoid any chunks left behind. LOL

PS. I never heard a Pinay complain about a dishwasher, A house with multiple rooms, and a garage just for our cars. Hahaha

event.png

11/01/2012 - Met online
04/01/2012 - Met in person
04/02/2012 - Became engaged
04/19/2013 - I-129F sent
04/24/2013 - NOA 1
08/14/2013 - NOA 2
00/00/2013 - Packet 3
00/00/2013 - Packet 4
00/00/2013 - Medical
00/00/2013 - Interview
00/00/2013 - Visa in hand
00/00/2013 - CFO Completed
00/00/2013 - Arrived in Minnesota
00/00/2013 - Married in Minnesota

My wife does NOT like toilet paper at all. She uses flushable baby wipes all the time. My wife usually washes the dishes because she says I don't clean to her standards.:P

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My babe is fine with toilet paper and wet wipes

I find myself using wet wipes too lol

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

I think you are right about "a regional thing". It never was an issue for my wife either, and that includes when I was with her in the Philippines.Or maybe it is a family thing, passed on generation to generation?

OK, I'm well aware of Tampo which basically translates to a Pinay fit. But what does that have to do with going to the bathroom? My Fiance and her two young boys did just fine at a Beautiful Radisson Suite in Cebu with normal western toilet and toilet paper. Yes the young boys Pee'd all over the floor but what young boy doesn't? LOL. I have no worries about this. My Fiance and Kids are from Zamboanga so is this a regional thing?

Timeline

OK, I'm well aware of Tampo which basically translates to a Pinay fit. But what does that have to do with going to the bathroom? My Fiance and her two young boys did just fine at a Beautiful Radisson Suite in Cebu with normal western toilet and toilet paper. Yes the young boys Pee'd all over the floor but what young boy doesn't? LOL. I have no worries about this. My Fiance and Kids are from Zamboanga so is this a regional thing?

"""""But what does that have to do with going to the bathroom?""""

Absolutely nothing,,,,,but my friend above said the following:

I wonder how many other things I am missing like that???

We are multitasking here...try and keep up...

Heated? The water isn't heated in the Phils... dang if I will heat it here!! laughing.gif

haha...

Hank...if your gal pulls a tampo stunt.....chill the water on her---yeeeehawwww

Timeline

since we have digressed to tampo.....I'd like to get some opinions from the foreign fiancées/husbands

And don't wimp out with your opinion just cause your woman is looking over your shoulder...haha

While my girl is not here yet...I don't have much real experience with this yet

I have read about it

Personally...it sounds extremely childish

She doesn't like something you have done....so she makes a face...pouts...and gives you the silent treatment,,,haha

Great way to handle a loving relationship....and ohhh what great communication

When we don't like something our spouse does...or they accidentally hurt our feelings.....the loving thing to do is talk...speak from the heart

It does not have to done immediately.......sometimes it is better to wait....

But.......the silent treatment (tampo) is nothing more than passive aggressive behavior

It's "payback"

Boohoo....whoa is me...you hurt me...now u will pay for it until I am good and ready

Now some Filipinas will want to rationalize this behavior by saying....."tampo is goooood....it is better than lashing out...and having an argument...it gives time to cool down"---POPPYCOCK...!

That's a true statement....but neither is the preferred choice of 2 people who love each other

Tampo is NOT about cooling down....its about making SURE he knows she's pissed

The 5 most important words in a relationship are:::

YOU ARE RIGHT, I'M SORRY

Give someone the chance to do that.......communicate-----there is no room in a loving friendship and relationship for childishness

Follow the Bible's timeless advice....

Eph. 4:26--let the sun not set with you in a provoked state.....

Timeline

"""""But what does that have to do with going to the bathroom?""""

Absolutely nothing,,,,,but my friend above said the following:

I wonder how many other things I am missing like that???

We are multitasking here...try and keep up...

haha...

Hank...if your gal pulls a tampo stunt.....chill the water on her---yeeeehawwww

bgamb,

No disrespect but learn how to read posts as most posters stated a french water bath so to clean the behind. I said I have a shower with a handle with a spray. DAHH. Yes not installed in a toilet but please read before commenting and look at the whole picture. If you can't figure that out then you probably don't shower enough to know the difference.

event.png

11/01/2012 - Met online
04/19/2013 - I-129F sent
04/24/2013 - NOA 1
08/14/2013 - NOA 2
00/00/2013 - Packet 3
00/00/2013 - Packet 4
00/00/2013 - Medical
00/00/2013 - Interview

wOw... call me dumbo but they don't use toilet tissue there they wash

instead, what if U at the restaurants & just gotta #2 how do they do?

I don't know much about the culture , in my bathroom is toilet paper

& wet wipes...if home & take a dump ...shower

Very sensible reply Jihana. I too use paper and then a wet one as it is so much easier and cleaner. Also, there are vaginal wipes too that be can be used for dual purpose. They are single serve in a pack so you can carry them in your purse. Of course..... hehehehe wipe in one direction only. LOL

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Tabo in the house.

Baby wipes everywhere else. laughing.gif

so....when u are in America (or she is in america....I cannot tell if you are the guy or girl...sorry).......you will have that tabo pail in the

bathroom? what do your tell guests what it is when they ask....????

""""My wife wipes her butt with her left hand and pours water over it to rinse"""????????????????

hmmmm.....and someone explain....NO soap is used normally with a tabo?? (I don't mean washing hands afterward....I mean on your butt.....

and this is considered more sanitary?

Well....once your but is "cleaned".....what is used to dry your butt? what's the procedure? where does the rag come from? is it used over and over?

Don't tell me disposable wipes-----I'm not talking about families that can afford disposable wipes.....I'm talking about the real world of Filipinos

and then.....the person goes to wash their hands......ok......they touch the faucet handles...wash with soap.....turn

the handles off....

and who sanitizes the handles before I come in and touch them?

I am not wanting to offend anyone....but my analytical (no pun intended>>> "#######..."<<<) mind is trying to figure this out

since we have digressed to tampo.....I'd like to get some opinions from the foreign fiancées/husbands

And don't wimp out with your opinion just cause your woman is looking over your shoulder...haha

I have read about it

She doesn't like something you have done....so she makes a face...pouts...and gives you the silent treatment,,,haha

When we don't like something our spouse does...or they accidentally hurt our feelings.....the loving thing to do is talk...speak from the heart

But.......the silent treatment (tampo) is nothing more than passive aggressive behavior

It's "payback"

Boohoo....whoa is me...you hurt me...now u will pay for it until I am good and ready

Now some Filipinas will want to rationalize this behavior by saying....."tampo is goooood....it is better than lashing out...and having an argument...it gives time to cool down"---POPPYCOCK...!

That's a true statement....but neither is the preferred choice of 2 people who love each other

YOU ARE RIGHT, I'M SORRY

Give someone the chance to do that.......communicate-----there is no room in a loving friendship and relationship for childishness

I couldn't agree more on your statements. Communication in a marriage utmost important.

Can anyone in the discussion say that they can talk about any subject with their filapino wife? And I mean anything! When you get there that's one you have a good marriage. Just my two cents.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

I have read about it

It's "payback"

YOU ARE RIGHT, I'M SORRY

Absolutely no one asked you for you opinion on Tampo!!!

event.png

11/01/2012 - Met online
04/19/2013 - I-129F sent
04/24/2013 - NOA 1
08/14/2013 - NOA 2
00/00/2013 - Packet 3
00/00/2013 - Packet 4
00/00/2013 - Medical
00/00/2013 - Interview

Timeline

bgamb,

No disrespect but learn how to read posts as most posters stated a french water bath so to clean the behind. I said I have a shower with a handle with a spray. DAHH. Yes not installed in a toilet but please read before commenting and look at the whole picture. If you can't figure that out then you probably don't shower enough to know the difference.

Lovelife

"no disrespect"....then add......""If you can't figure that out then you probably don't shower enough to know the difference"""

Sounds disrespectful to me...not sure what your parents taught you about what respect means

I was never afraid to say I don't know something...and a "French water bath" is something I never heard of

I googled it and it does not come up either

And who was commenting about what YOU have installed...I asked about the tabo....and that was what I was discussing

You lost me

Timeline

I couldn't agree more on your statements. Communication in a marriage utmost important.

Can anyone in the discussion say that they can talk about any subject with their filapino wife? And I mean anything! When you get there that's one you have a good marriage. Just my two cents.

Green...what about your girl...and you?

While I have only visited with my fiancée 3 time...we talk and IM hours each day

I can safely say that we are both willing to talk about any subject no matter how sensitive (sexual etc....)

We are extremely open with each other

Timeline

Absolutely no one asked you for you opinion on Tampo!!!

haha...whats your problem man (or woman)????

If YOU were reading correctly.... I ....am the one who asked the question about tampo and tabo

I OFFERED MY OPINION...and I was looking for others opinions....that's what this forum is about...or maybe you have not learned that yet...maybe u don't read well---oops, no disrest meant...haha

if you don't like it......that's too bad

What's the problem my friend??? Are we a teeny bit sensitive about this subject??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.