bgamb

after the interview is over....what is

33 posts in this topic

Since Hank covered the marriage part, I'll handle the DMV...

http://doa.alaska.gov/dmv/akol/original.htm

In order to obtain an original Alaska license, an applicant must provide documentary proof of the following:

• Legal name and Date of Birth
  • Secondary item as verification of the primary document
    (Examples of a SECONDARY item are: Permit or license from another state, employee ID, health insurance card, IRS or state tax form, medical records, military dependent identification, pilot's license, school ID)
  • Their current residence address
  • Social Security Card

Please see the following for further information on each of these items.

LEGAL NAME & DATE OF BIRTH (PRIMARY DOCUMENT)

The following documents are acceptable for proving legal name and date of birth. If your legal name is different than what is printed on your birth certificate, you will need to bring in the document(s) that provide proof of the name change, unless you have previously obtained an Alaska learner's permit or Alaska State ID card in your current name.

• An original or certified copy of a U.S. birth certificate (From Vital Statistics)
    If you were born in Puerto Rico, click here for important information
  • Passport (Issued by the United States or Canada. Must be current.)(military or “no fee” passports are only valid for use when used abroad for military purposes and not valid for this purpose)
  • An Alaska learner's permit or Alaska State Identification card.
  • Military Identification for active duty, retiree or reservist.
  • Certificate of Citizenship, Naturalization or Birth Abroad.
  • Passport issued from another country, with appropriate immigration documents.

Since Roxy had none of the secondary IDs allowed, she used her BC as primary, and passport as secondary (or vice versa, don't think it really mattered). But she had to provide two, and she did.

Not sure where this is going. EVERYONE in this country should have a BC as proof of citizenship/age. I do. My kids do. And my wife does. Why NOT bring at least one? The good thing about the US is that no one ever keeps your original as they do in the PI. Good thing, too, cuz the darn things are EXPENSIVE here. I think it's $45 each for my kids to get an original...

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Since Hank covered the marriage part, I'll handle the DMV...

Since Roxy had none of the secondary IDs allowed, she used her BC as primary, and passport as secondary (or vice versa, don't think it really mattered). But she had to provide two, and she did.

Not sure where this is going. EVERYONE in this country should have a BC as proof of citizenship/age. I do. My kids do. And my wife does. Why NOT bring at least one? The good thing about the US is that no one ever keeps your original as they do in the PI. Good thing, too, cuz the darn things are EXPENSIVE here. I think it's $45 each for my kids to get an original...

Tahoma has been obsessing on the NSO birth certificate because I suggest to bring more than one copy.... he jumps off the cliff every time.

Sort of like a dog barking at a doorbell. Of course if the dog hears a doorbell on TV it barks also.....

Not much connection to reality.. more like a Pavlov's dog thing. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_conditioning )

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

And where is this REQUIRED word you are making all the fuss about? That is my suggestion... on my website.

Will the BC be needed in the USA? Damn skippy it will be.... so stop being childish, nit-picking and trying to play word games.... jeeeeez!

Or is your suggestion to people coming to the USA to not bring any NSO birth certificates?

Who's the one playing word games? You're the one stubbornly insisting that people will "need them from time to time." Would you mind explaining how that's merely "a suggestion."

By the way, where did I say that people shouldn't bring a birth certificate with them? And why are you trying to change the subject? As previously mentioned, even if they didn't bring a birth certificate with them, this is the 21st Century and they can order one online.

Like a dog with a bone... only not knowing when end to chew on.... seriously, you are babbling more than be helpful.

Here from the state of Alaska:

http://dhss.alaska.gov/dph/VitalStats/Pages/marriagel/default.aspx

Requirements
    Both parties must be 18 years of age or older to marry without parental consent. A birth certificate may be required to show proof of age.

That dog won't hunt.

I'm pretty sure Dave's bride was not under 18 years old when they applied for a marriage license. Even if she were under 18 years old, and even if she were required to show her birth certificate to prove her age, they would simply make a copy of it and hand it back to her.

Read on:

4. Identification.

Before the license is issued, each party may be required to present official picture identification showing name and birth date. A birth certificate is not sufficient.

Link: http://courts.alaska.gov/forms/vs-361.pdf

The good thing about the US is that no one ever keeps your original as they do in the PI.

^^^ Bingo !!!

Of course, Hank predictably will ignore this too.

Timeline

Who's the one playing word games? You're the one stubbornly insisting that people will "need them from time to time." Would you mind explaining how that's merely "a suggestion."

By the way, where did I say that people shouldn't bring a birth certificate with them? And why are you trying to change the subject? As previously mentioned, even if they didn't bring a birth certificate with them, this is the 21st Century and they can order one online.

That dog won't hunt.

I'm pretty sure Dave's bride was not under 18 years old when they applied for a marriage license. Even if she were under 18 years old, and even if she were required to show her birth certificate to prove her age, they would simply make a copy of it and hand it back to her.

Read on:

4. Identification.

Before the license is issued, each party may be required to present official picture identification showing name and birth date. A birth certificate is not sufficient.

Link: http://courts.alaska.gov/forms/vs-361.pdf

So an NSO birth certificate is not needed in the USA at all? The way your carry on and rant about this each time someone brings it up I have to gather that is your thinking....

Is the NSO birth certificate needed once in the USA? YES or NO. (it's that simple- the rest is just ranting and babbling on your part)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

So an NSO birth certificate is not needed in the USA at all? The way your carry on and rant about this each time someone brings it up I have to gather that is your thinking....

Is the NSO birth certificate needed once in the USA? YES or NO. (it's that simple- the rest is just ranting and babbling on your part)

I can understand why you are stubbornly trying to change the subject. The issue is whether multiple original NSO birth certificates are needed. If an original NSO birth certificate is needed, they'll make a photocopy of it and give you back the original. Nice try though.

By the way, you conveniently ignored my question: Where did I say that people shouldn't bring a birth certificate?

Ok, I may have mis-spoken about the marriage license. Gotta be a gumbint-issued pic ID showing DOB. (The application specifies this) Clearly, a birth cert would not do, no pic. Perhaps we just had it with us, cuz at that time, we were carrying around all docs that seemed pertinent. But I do know we had to use it at the DMV. I remember those jerks and the games we played very well. Still gets my BP up today... ranting33va.gif

Timeline

I can understand why you are stubbornly trying to change the subject. The issue is whether multiple original NSO birth certificates are needed. If an original NSO birth certificate is needed, they'll make a photocopy of it and give you back the original. Nice try though.

By the way, you conveniently ignored my question: Where did I say that people shouldn't bring a birth certificate?

There is no issue. There is just you ranting and carrying on.

- the way you rant and carry on makes one question what your thinking is regarding the birth certificate.

This time a person posted about how she is bringing multiple copies... and you were off and ranting...

NSO releases Birth certificates the same day one requests for it. No issues. and it's only PhP 140 ~ USD 3.50 per piece. I requested for 5 copies. Will be useful in the future as well. smile.png

... why don't you get a grip and get over it. She can bring all the copies she wants.... no one cares about your opinion.

... good grief!

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Ok, I may have mis-spoken about the marriage license. Gotta be a gumbint-issued pic ID showing DOB. (The application specifies this) Clearly, a birth cert would not do, no pic. Perhaps we just had it with us, cuz at that time, we were carrying around all docs that seemed pertinent. But I do know we had to use it at the DMV. I remember those jerks and the games we played very well. Still gets my BP up today... ranting33va.gif

I hope you guys aren't getting tired of the paperwork games yet. You still have ROC to look forward to, and then maybe citizenship, and then maybe a U.S. passport, and then maybe dual citizenship! whistling.gif

Chinook just got hired by the Feds. The process was horrendous. About the only thing they didn't ask for was an original birth certificate.

There is no issue. There is just you ranting and carrying on.

- the way you rant and carry on makes one question what your thinking is regarding the birth certificate.

This time a person posted about how she is bringing multiple copies... and you were off and ranting...

... why don't you get a grip and get over it. She can bring all the copies she wants.... no one cares about your opinion.

... good grief!

You're attempting to deflect the discussion and turn it into personal attack. That's the first sign of a failed argument. It's obvious that you prefer to ignore the evidence, not admit your mistake, and pretend there's no issue. If there's no issue, do your continuing posts on the subject give you peace of mind? wink.png

Timeline

Clearly you don't get it. There is NO discussion... just you ranting about the number of copies of the NSO birth certificate that someone is bringing to the USA with her.

Me? I am just dragging you around the block... as you keep up your ranting. :)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Clearly you don't get it. There is NO discussion... just you ranting about the number of copies of the NSO birth certificate that someone is bringing to the USA with her.

Me? I am just dragging you around the block... as you keep up your ranting. smile.png

I get it...When you say that you are "dragging someone around the block," it's your way of pretending that there's no issue, and pretending that you haven't been talking about it, and pretending that you're not the one who jumped into the conversation to stubbornly defend the misinformation you post, and then turning to a personal attack when your argument fails. Of course, you wouldn't consider that to be ranting now would you.

"When getting NSO certified copies of your Birth Certificate get a few extra copies to bring with you to the United States. (You will need them from time to time)"

Timeline

Believe it or not.... MY WHOLE GUIDE IS JUST SUGGESTIONS.... idea9dv.gif

...not a single soul on the entire planet HAS to do anything listed there.... just my SUGGESTIONS for expediting the K-1 process.

And yes... dragging you around the block... you are extremely predictable... Pavlov's dog syndrome for sure. I can pretty much do a "wait for it .... ClockWatch2.gif " when anyone posts about bringing multiple copies of their NSO birth certificate to the States with them..... sure as the sun rises in the morning you are off and ranting about it. Why? Don't know... that is why is lean towards the Pavlov's dog thing... not a personal attack BTW... just an observation for the way you ALWAYS respond.

Get over it. Don't ... doesn't matter.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Believe it or not.... MY WHOLE GUIDE IS JUST SUGGESTIONS.... idea9dv.gif

...not a single soul on the entire planet HAS to do anything listed there.... just my SUGGESTIONS for expediting the K-1 process.

And yes... dragging you around the block... you are extremely predictable... Pavlov's dog syndrome for sure. I can pretty much do a "wait for it .... ClockWatch2.gif " when anyone posts about bringing multiple copies of their NSO birth certificate to the States with them..... sure as the sun rises in the morning you are off and ranting about it. Why? Don't know... that is why is lean towards the Pavlov's dog thing... not a personal attack BTW... just an observation for the way you ALWAYS respond.

Get over it. Don't ... doesn't matter.

Telling people that they "will need" multiple copies of their birth certificate is clearly not a "suggestion." Of course, you realize this, yet have chosen to ignore any rational discussion of it and, instead, your argument has spiraled all the way down to the absurd claim that everything you say is a "suggestion." That ridiculous claim, together with your continuing personal attacks, amounts to no more than an epic fail. Obviously, in your Orwellian world, correcting misinformation is called "ranting."

Timeline

I never stated they will need multiple copies, I state they will need a birth certificate from time to time.... you're being a bit ridiculous now.

So are you saying a person will not need a birth certificate once in the USA? Or are you still just ranting because you have nothing better to do? Or are you bothered that the person that started your rant got 5 copies of her birth certificate while at NSO? Really not sure why that bothers you... ???

Time to get the flyswatter.

fly_swatter.jpg

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.