John&Lena

Can someone explain this, please?

8 posts in this topic

Hey y'all!

I'm super confused.. again..

On 09/12 on the NVC status check it said that our case was in transit.

On 09/14 it said that we had an interview date.

On 09/16 we called them to check what was going on, since there was no way it could've been over here in 1-2 days. They told us that there was an error on the site, that we weren't the only ones. So did no have a date, but it was on its way to Belgium anyway, so not to worry.

I've been checked my emails, post office-box & the website every morning since then.

And today I see this on the site:

Case Creation Date: 10-Sep-2013 Status Updated Date: 19-Sep-2013
Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment.
What does this mean?
Does it mean that it is received by the embassy here in Belgium or what?
Please reply, I'd like to know what's going on. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am the beneficiary.

LPR since May 2019. 

Started ROC on March 14th 2018.

NOA 1:  March 30th 2018.
Biometrics: May 25th 2018.
Card being processed: May 5th 2019

And on an extra note, when we called NVC for the first time, they did not receive our case until 09/11. So how is it possible that it was created on 09/10?

I am the beneficiary.

LPR since May 2019. 

And on an extra note, when we called NVC for the first time, they did not receive our case until 09/11. So how is it possible that it was created on 09/10?

It's feasible they send electronic data regarding the application over as well as then the paper files or somesuch. They do that when they transfer between service centers, so it's a possibility. I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

That said, if you're now showing "Ready" as of today's date.. I'd say that means the petition's in Brussels.

"What's yours is mine!"

That said, if you're now showing "Ready" as of today's date.. I'd say that means the petition's in Brussels.

Aha!

Then my next question is.. how long can it stay there? Since I still didn't receive the affidavit of support from my fiancee due to personal matters.

And I guess I should wait until the embassy sends the checklist by mail before doing anything else, like scheduling a medical exam?

I am the beneficiary.

LPR since May 2019. 

Then my next question is.. how long can it stay there? Since I still didn't receive the affidavit of support from my fiancee due to personal matters.

And I guess I should wait until the embassy sends the checklist by mail before doing anything else, like scheduling a medical exam?

Okay, once you get your Packet 3 (the checklist as you call it), it will have a date at the bottom of it stating how long the petition is valid until. If you do not complete the process by that date, you will need to check with the embassy to see what you need to continue/revalidate the petition (in London, we need a new, notarized statement of intent from the Petitioner).

It is generally advised you hold off doing the medical until Packet 3 because this will also have your embassy case number on it. I'm not sure what the code for Brussels is to be honest.

Have a look at this: http://belgium.usembassy.gov/immigrate2/immigrant-visa-issuance-brussels.html - that is the guidance that they give in Brussels.

"What's yours is mine!"

Okay, once you get your Packet 3 (the checklist as you call it), it will have a date at the bottom of it stating how long the petition is valid until.

On the hard copy of the NOA2 there was a expiration date (somewhere in December, I'd have to check for the exact one), is that the same one?

We also received our case number from NVC when we called, which starts with BRS. So I suppose that's it too?

Edited by John&Lena
I am the beneficiary.

LPR since May 2019. 

On the hard copy of the NOA2 there was a expiration date (somewhere in December, I'd have to check for the exact one), is that the same one?

We also received our case number from NVC when we called, which starts with BRS. So I suppose that's it too?

Yes and yes to each question.

"What's yours is mine!"

Yes and yes to each question.

I am the beneficiary.

LPR since May 2019. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.