Taylor&Joey

Visa Approved- when do we get it?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello all,

Starting to worry a bit. My fiance had his interview in Naples 2 weeks ago today, and they told him he was approved but there was still some work to be done on it, and he would get it in 2 days to 2 weeks. They kept his passport. Yesterday he called and they said to look out for an email with a tracking number, but they didn't give him a timeline. I know you shouldn't plan anything until you have the visa in hand but due to family pressure we have already planned the wedding for less than 3 weeks from now and bought his flight for less than 2 weeks from now. So I'm starting to wonder exactly how long can they keep his passport without returning it to him? Most people in the Naples reviews say you can get the visa the next day or sometimes it comes a week later. Anyone have any ideas why it could be taking so long? I am going to call today because I don't think my fiance asked them enough questions, but does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks all!

October 2008- Met in Florida at his brother's wedding to my good friend
August 2009- I went to Italy for 10 days to sight-see, our relationship officially began
November 2009- He came to Memphis for 10 days to visit and meet my family
January 2010- I went to Egypt to meet his family for a week then we went to Rome together for 4 days
March 2010- He lost his ID right before he was supposed to come to Memphis again so I went to Rome instead for a week
August 2010- He came to visit in Memphis for 3 weeks
November 2010- I went to visit him for 10 days in Rome
January 2011- He completed his Masters degree then came to Memphis to visit for 2 weeks
May 2011- I moved to Rome and stayed until November
February 2012- Back to Rome until October (minus a 1.5 month trip to Memphis in June-July)
October 2012- I filed the I-129F Petition upon returning to the states (late October-don't remember the exact date)
November 2nd 2012- NOA1
December 25th 2012- I returned to Rome for my last big trip
March 2013- I went back to Memphis to work full time and plan for the wedding
May 10th 2013- NOA 2!
September 3rd 2013- interview, told he was approved and we would get the visa in 2 days to 2 weeks
September 17th 2013- status says AP :-(
October 5th 2013- Wedding- did not happen

February 4th, 2014- Naples consulate called and said to send passport for visa issuance

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Europe & Eurasia regional subforum for country-specific advice. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Mauritius
Timeline

Hi,

Entering US on the intention to get marry is not advisable. For mariage, you have to file Fiancee Visa. Hope that is not a issue for you. It is better to Call to the USCIS officer & explain them that ypu have planned marriage.

Hello all,

Starting to worry a bit. My fiance had his interview in Naples 2 weeks ago today, and they told him he was approved but there was still some work to be done on it, and he would get it in 2 days to 2 weeks. They kept his passport. Yesterday he called and they said to look out for an email with a tracking number, but they didn't give him a timeline. I know you shouldn't plan anything until you have the visa in hand but due to family pressure we have already planned the wedding for less than 3 weeks from now and bought his flight for less than 2 weeks from now. So I'm starting to wonder exactly how long can they keep his passport without returning it to him? Most people in the Naples reviews say you can get the visa the next day or sometimes it comes a week later. Anyone have any ideas why it could be taking so long? I am going to call today because I don't think my fiance asked them enough questions, but does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks all!

dancin5hr.gif Willam.P idea9dv.gif

reading.gif www.uscitizenship.info wow.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Thanks for that link, I didn't know about it. The bad news is we are in AP. She told him we were approved when he was there so that is such a shock. We finally became excited that he might actually get here in time. His tourist visa to the states recently expired so we don't even have the option to try to get him in just for the wedding. Very sad day.

October 2008- Met in Florida at his brother's wedding to my good friend
August 2009- I went to Italy for 10 days to sight-see, our relationship officially began
November 2009- He came to Memphis for 10 days to visit and meet my family
January 2010- I went to Egypt to meet his family for a week then we went to Rome together for 4 days
March 2010- He lost his ID right before he was supposed to come to Memphis again so I went to Rome instead for a week
August 2010- He came to visit in Memphis for 3 weeks
November 2010- I went to visit him for 10 days in Rome
January 2011- He completed his Masters degree then came to Memphis to visit for 2 weeks
May 2011- I moved to Rome and stayed until November
February 2012- Back to Rome until October (minus a 1.5 month trip to Memphis in June-July)
October 2012- I filed the I-129F Petition upon returning to the states (late October-don't remember the exact date)
November 2nd 2012- NOA1
December 25th 2012- I returned to Rome for my last big trip
March 2013- I went back to Memphis to work full time and plan for the wedding
May 10th 2013- NOA 2!
September 3rd 2013- interview, told he was approved and we would get the visa in 2 days to 2 weeks
September 17th 2013- status says AP :-(
October 5th 2013- Wedding- did not happen

February 4th, 2014- Naples consulate called and said to send passport for visa issuance

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.