NicholasNissel

Please enlighten me!

49 posts in this topic

yo do not need to bring you child to the CFO Seminar. you will just need to register your son with CFO. that would be done when you have the visas.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 2 year old kid? No, i believe you can't bring kids to the seminar because the talk is purely for adults. (Pretty benign if you ask me)

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Are you in the Philippines? Try looking up their website, they have pretty good info there. Also, call them if you get confused. Also, bring all sorts of info on your partner or ask him na. Like his high school, his parents name, where he was born, etc.

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i got all his infos already.he will be with me during the seminar so it will be fine.I'll just read more on hank's link regarding wot to bring for my k2'..

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

No, but the child must be registered.

Exemptions from PDOS and Peer Counseling Seminar
For children 12 years old and below are exempted from attending the PDOS. They must, however, be registered, even if by proxy. The following additional documents are required if the proxy is not the legal/natural/adoptive parent of the registrant.

1. Original and photocopy of one(1) of valid identification card with photograph of the proxy
  2. Special Power of Attorney authenticated by Diplomatic Post if parent/s/ or guardian/s are based overseas; or a duly notarized authorization letter executed by parent/s or guardian/s while in the Philippines.
  3. Other documents that may be required by the registration officers.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Even though he's with you, you will appear much smarter to the CFO if you know what he does for a living, and what his mother's maiden name is. :)

Timeline

yes as i said i got all his info with me..in my brain..i memorized everything about him even know his ssn number you name it, so i would be prepared when the time comes.Thanks

seriously?I would still need my parents to attend the seminar with me?do they really require that?Is one parent alone okay?either my mom or dad as they are both busy ...hmmm.

You either need them to attend or have Municipal form 7 . One or the other not both. Please remember this is a CFO requirement, and has nothing to do with USEM.

The form

http://www.quezoncity.gov.ph/images/stories/downloadables/forms/parentadvice.pdf

Edited by The conciliator

Timeline

You either need them to attend or have Municipal form 7 . One or the other not both. Please remember this is a CFO requirement, and has nothing to do with USEM.

The form

http://www.quezoncity.gov.ph/images/stories/downloadables/forms/parentadvice.pdf

Oh Thanks for clearing that up.Yes I'm aware of that form already but I thought I would still need to bring one of my parents with me' with the form to CFO seminar.Now it's clear that just get the form and no need to bring parents.'Thanks again.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh Thanks for clearing that up.Yes I'm aware of that form already but I thought I would still need to bring one of my parents with me' with the form to CFO seminar.Now it's clear that just get the form and no need to bring parents.'Thanks again.

No you do not need to bring one of your parents with you to CFO, you should be fine to bring a copy of their postal ID or such, something with a picture.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 years old for advice and 18-21 years old for consent. (Some are posted on VJ that they were not asked for this, yet others have been asked, so be prepared) Bring the ID of the parents, plus copies, postal ID should be adequate.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Oh Thanks for clearing that up.Yes I'm aware of that form already but I thought I would still need to bring one of my parents with me' with the form to CFO seminar.Now it's clear that just get

the form and no need to bring parents.'Thanks again.

You don't need to bring your parents. Just bring the advice forn notarized. My wife was 18 and had her concent form. Her mother went with to the CFO for support and they wouldn't allow her in. Sat outside for 4 hours. She had memorized everything and had copies of everything. What they got her on was they wanted a name and phone number of a friend in her province. She didn't bring her phone because thought it was the same like at tge embassy. Also, she disn't have my home telephone number of a landline where we would be living in the U.S.. So she had to make another trip and supply both numbers. We don't have a landline so told her to give my cell number..

Their game is to find something you don't have and think its great if you have to make another trip. Also, i was pleasured with questions, from

my now wife, about Swingers and if I knew any in the U.S... Because they told a girl going to a European country that it is full of Swingers and she needs to be very careful. What a joke!!!

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Timeline

Thanks for this thread. Solved my big problem about bringing one of my parent (who is in Leyte) to CFO. I am relieved to know I don't need to bring one of them here in Manila anymore. :)

AOS

02/28/2014 I-485 & I-765 Package sent

03/04/2014 Package received at the USCIS (NOA I-797C)

03/07/2014 Notice date (NOA I-797)

03/09/2014 Text and Email received from USCIS

03/11/2014 NOA for I-485 and I-765 hard copy received<p>

03/17/2014 Biometrics Appointment for 04/04/2014

04/04/2014 Biometrics

06/04/2014 EAD card on hand

06/05/2014 NPIWC

11/24/2014 WELCOME Notice

11/28/2014 Green Card Received! :dancing::)

Timeline

No you do not need to bring one of your parents with you to CFO, you should be fine to bring a copy of their postal ID or such, something with a picture.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 years old for advice and 18-21 years old for consent. (Some are posted on VJ that they were not asked for this, yet others have been asked, so be prepared) Bring the ID of the parents, plus copies, postal ID should be adequate.

Okay I'll do so,.I'll have to get an advice letter(notarized) and a copy of my parents valid I.D.

All clear.This is all the info I needed.Got itgood.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.