OnceaTexan

I-751 Package. Here's what we got. Anything to add

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. My wife and I are beginning the process of removing conditions on GC in October. We recently moved from Dallas to NY (sold the house there and rented in NY) and we're not sure if this move a month and a half before we file I 751 will raise any unfounded suspicions. I've been unemployed since June 2012 when I finished grad school and my mom passed away from cancer this spring across the ocean. It's been a couple of hard years and we decided to move for a change (also not many photos in these past months of mourning).

We compiled a list of what we have so far and are looking to see if we missed anything. Would you add anything else or take out? Too little or too much? Looking for some encouragement here...of course this is just to make us feel better or worse (depending on what scary comments we get). We thought the Adjustment of Status is stressful but it seems this is not any easier.

Thanks.

From the cover letter written by my wife:

• Copy of permanent resident card (front/back)
  • Copy of my husband’s passport – front pages
  • Copy of our marriage certificate.
  • Driver license copies (Texas DL and new NY licenses showing same addresses)
  • Copies of various car insurance notices before moving to New York. 2011-2014. We sold the cars.
  • Copy of New York apartment lease (09/01/2013 – 08/31/2014) signed on 08/12/2013
  • Copy of New York apartment renters insurance
  • Copies of new utility accounts for the New York residence (still waiting for the first bills)
  • Copy of the storage unit my husband took care to rent in Dallas to store household items we decided not to take to New York. Printout shows the names of the family members who can access it. X
  • Copy of the moving company shipping quote from Dallas to NY showing both our names

• Copies of various documents pertaining to the selling of our house ( July – Sep 2013)
  • Copy of Power of Attorney. (Husband – Principal, Me – Agent) for selling of house. Husband was not able to attend the signing as he drove from Dallas to New York in the first week of September to get our new apartment ready, set up utilities and wait for the truck with our Dallas belongings.
  • Copy of refinancing the house in Dallas, TX in 2012
  • Various utility bills from our old residence in Dallas TX. and printouts of computer screen shots showing the history of auto-pays of the same accounts. Husband had cable/phone/internet taken care of when he moved in. Other bills are on wife name.

• Joint US tax returns IRS transcripts for 2012, 2011.
  • Various statements of our joint bank accounts (got the main ones joint in June 2012)
  • Copies of American Express credit card showing same account number
  • Printouts of screenshots from bank accounts showing various expenditures ( e.g. dog grooming)
  • Copy of my husband’s Vanguard account he opened in Feb 2013 from his savings and named me the main beneficiary.
  • Copy of our health insurance cards showing joint policies (2011- )
  • Computer Screen shot copy of life insurance policies
  • Copy of my will and end of life decision designating my husband
  • Copy of dentist visit history, and copies of two documents showing visits to the same family doctor practice. For personal reasons I decline to have any other medical history released.
  • Copies of our airline reservations for trips taken to his home country to visit his family, and other trips to Washington DC and New York.
  • Copy of my Passport showing stamps of entry and exit dates to husband home country:

• Various photos: 2011 - current x
  • E-mail correspondence and chat threads between each other.
  • Correspondence between our parents – separate sealed envelope- given to us by my dad
  • Sworn Affidavits: my sister, three friends and one of our Dallas neighbors .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It looks fine, as long as everything spans the period of your marriage. Affidavits are suggested for those whose other evidence is thin, so you needn't include those.

A lot of folks overlook including Wills, medical Powers of Attorney, HIPAA releases, etc. That kind of evidence is excellent.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ditto...it's not clear that all your evidence spans the entire period of your marriage, and it must or they will likely bounce it back to you for more evidence.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.