Lmap

Cuba To Do List btwn receiving Case Number and Interview

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hola Hola...

My Fiance is also Cuban and I recently filed my petition. I am happy to have come across this forum and all the useful information.

Y&R-- i was curious when you filed and how long it took to get our NOA2 from CSC. My petition is at TSC and after reading some other posts it appears they are taking onger than CSC ( and truth be told i was secretly worried that cuban beneficiaries would encounter longer approval times).

Quitinav-- I see you also are at the CSC. it is bittersweet that you were approved NOA2 so qickly but never received any notice. I am a recent filer, but already feel uneasy, see my e-mail nootification was received on 1/30/14, and my alien # changed on 2/3/14 but have not received an NOA1 hard copy. evryingone seems to receive thier hard copy in 7 -10 days, and me nothing :-(

K1 petition NOA1-1/27/14

Alien # changed-2/3/14

Request for expedite-5/19/14

2nd expedite request-6/2/14

Expedite denied - 6/3/14

Request for evidence- 8/5/14

NOA2- 8/15/14

Shipped to NVC-8/19/14

NVC Departure: 9/4/14

Received in havana:9/11/14 (confirmed via DHL tracking).

CEAC Ready: 9/15/14

Interview: 11/10/14---> APPROVED

CEAC Issued: 11/14/14

VISA Received: 11/17/14

USA Entry: 12/6/14

Married: 2/27/15

AOS petition w/ i-131 and i-765

USPS delivery: 3/6/15

NOA1 email notification (x3) : 3/10/15

NOA1-hard copies: 3/14/15

Service Request: 4/6/15

E-mail response: 4/27/15 (biometric letter returned as undeliverable)

Harcopy response: 5/1/15 (showing biometric appointment had been scheduled for 3/30)

Biometrics (successful walk in): 5/4/15

EAD/AP approval: 5/18/15

EAD/AP card mailed: 5/22/15

EAD/AP card in hand 5/26/15

Interview waiver letter:6/18/15

RFE: 11/5/15

RFE received by USCIS office:12/2/15

Card in production:12/7/15

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

hello YUNI&GARRI..

congratulations on your NOA2. I see you were processed at TSC. May I inquire when you filed, I know there is probably no rhyme or reason as to approval times, but since your beneficiary is also cuban, who knows, maybe there is some method to the USCIS method, and I am hoping to maybe get my NOA2 in under 3 months.

and for what it is worth I think that after getting your NOA2, that you should begin filling out the DS-160 form online and have your beneficairy begin gathering all the necessary documents, i.e., police certificate, prepare affidaivt of support; passport photos; evidence of relationship, medicial exam etc. Because I believe that you will soon here that the NVC has assigned you a case number and forward your case to the US emmbassay in CUBA, and once they receive it, you can schedule an interview, where you will bring all the above mentioned documents.

K1 petition NOA1-1/27/14

Alien # changed-2/3/14

Request for expedite-5/19/14

2nd expedite request-6/2/14

Expedite denied - 6/3/14

Request for evidence- 8/5/14

NOA2- 8/15/14

Shipped to NVC-8/19/14

NVC Departure: 9/4/14

Received in havana:9/11/14 (confirmed via DHL tracking).

CEAC Ready: 9/15/14

Interview: 11/10/14---> APPROVED

CEAC Issued: 11/14/14

VISA Received: 11/17/14

USA Entry: 12/6/14

Married: 2/27/15

AOS petition w/ i-131 and i-765

USPS delivery: 3/6/15

NOA1 email notification (x3) : 3/10/15

NOA1-hard copies: 3/14/15

Service Request: 4/6/15

E-mail response: 4/27/15 (biometric letter returned as undeliverable)

Harcopy response: 5/1/15 (showing biometric appointment had been scheduled for 3/30)

Biometrics (successful walk in): 5/4/15

EAD/AP approval: 5/18/15

EAD/AP card mailed: 5/22/15

EAD/AP card in hand 5/26/15

Interview waiver letter:6/18/15

RFE: 11/5/15

RFE received by USCIS office:12/2/15

Card in production:12/7/15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

I filed June 15, 2013 and in December 2013 I was ready to schedule an interview date. It took me longer to gather documents than any other thing, actually. In January I called to schedule an appointment and it's on April 28, 2014. I don't know when I received my NOA 2 because my lawyer took care of most things.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hola Hola...

My Fiance is also Cuban and I recently filed my petition. I am happy to have come across this forum and all the useful information.

Y&R-- i was curious when you filed and how long it took to get our NOA2 from CSC. My petition is at TSC and after reading some other posts it appears they are taking onger than CSC ( and truth be told i was secretly worried that cuban beneficiaries would encounter longer approval times).

Quitinav-- I see you also are at the CSC. it is bittersweet that you were approved NOA2 so qickly but never received any notice. I am a recent filer, but already feel uneasy, see my e-mail nootification was received on 1/30/14, and my alien # changed on 2/3/14 but have not received an NOA1 hard copy. evryingone seems to receive thier hard copy in 7 -10 days, and me nothing :-(

Hola hola KrysEve,

Congrats on getting your I-129F packet together and filed! Now the waiting is the hardest part with the various upcoming stages. But hopefully your NOA1 hard copy will arrive soon! I don't know if this is a likely explanation, but where I live mail has slowed down in the past few weeks because of all the crazy snowstorms throughout the Midwest. Though if you still haven't gotten your hard copy after 30 days (early March), I think you can call USCIS and inquire about a non-delivery of an approval notice. Hopefully you'll get it soon and that wont be necessary :)

If you haven't already, I recommend you sign up to get emails and texts whenever your case has updates: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if you have any more questions, especially once you get your NOA2! Good luck!

K1 - California Service Center

- 2 nov 2013: I-129f package sent

- 8 nov 2013: NOA1 email/text

- 21 nov 2013: NOA2** (though did not originally receive email/text/hard copy)

- 27 dec 2013: Consulate received

- 21 apr 2014: Interview - Approved!!!!

- 1 may 2014: US Entry!
AOS (more details in official timeline)

- 23 may 2014: I-485 & EAD/AP mailed

- 23 june 2014: Biometrics appointment

- 7 aug 2014: EAD/AP approved

- 10 sept 2014: Potential Interview Waiver letter

- 27 apr 2015:  Email/Text notice of New Card Being Produced!!!!

- 1 may 2015: Card received!!

ROC

- 12 feb 2017: ROC packet mailed to CSC

- 16 feb 2017: I-751 Receipt Letter dated (NOA1?)

- 25 feb 2017: Biometrics letter dated

- 16 march 2017: Biometrics appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.