samia1948

Can anyone please answer my question??

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone,

On June 6th I passed my citizenship test (through marriage), but the officer who interviewed me asked for more evidence. She told me that I was supposed to receive a letter within 4 weeks from the date of my interview. It's already passed 96 days and I still haven't heard anything from them. My husband and I called them several times but nobody could give us any updates. I forgot to mention that I was verbally abused and discriminated against by the officer who interviewed me, so I sent a written complaint to the immigration office where she works, but haven't heard anything from them. Do you guys think that my application is going to be denied? How long does it take for an application to get void?

Thanks everyone.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Did you send in the additional evidence requested? if so, when?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I wonder if there was a missunderstanding, and they are waiting for more evidence.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

I don't know, but I do remember that she told me to wait for form N-14 that indicates what documents I need to send in. To the best of my knowlege, in most cases the officer gives the applicant that form on the same day of the interview, but in my case she only gave me a form that indicates that I passed the interview test but additional evidence is requested. I don't even know what evidence she wants and how shall I send it in. Thank you for your help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

On June 6th I passed my citizenship test (through marriage), but the officer who interviewed me asked for more evidence. She told me that I was supposed to receive a letter within 4 weeks from the date of my interview. It's already passed 96 days and I still haven't heard anything from them. My husband and I called them several times but nobody could give us any updates. I forgot to mention that I was verbally abused and discriminated against by the officer who interviewed me, so I sent a written complaint to the immigration office where she works, but haven't heard anything from them. Do you guys think that my application is going to be denied? How long does it take for an application to get void?

Thanks everyone.

may I ask what kind of evidence did you send initially with your N400?

Timeline

may I ask what kind of evidence did you send initially with your N400?

Tax returns of the last 4 years

Joint bank account statements

Apartment lease contracts with both our names

Car insurances with both our names

Certificate of marriage

Why not return to the office where you were interviewed and ask to speak to the officer? Ask to file request for status update - maybe that will get them moving.

Have you involved your congressman yet?

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline

Why not return to the office where you were interviewed and ask to speak to the officer? Ask to file request for status update - maybe that will get them moving.

Have you involved your congressman yet?

I haven't done that yet because I'm overseas right now, I wont come back until october, meanwhile I have scheduled an appointment for my husband. Do you think we need to contact our congressman?

I haven't done that yet because I'm overseas right now, I wont come back until october, meanwhile I have scheduled an appointment for my husband. Do you think we need to contact our congressman?

I would. Not sure if they'd give any info to your husband as you're the applicant (unless you gave Power of Attorney to him). Go talk to the congressman's immigration aide when you're back in October. Your husband can scope out who the immigration aide is for you - office location, phone number, email..

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

First step would be to go back to the office, ask for supervisor and talk to him see how that goes, if that does not help than yes you should reach out to your senator or congressman.

Filed: Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Do not panic! They must request the evidence in writing, even if they did it verbally.

The best you can do is do an INFOpass, and schedule it NOW!

good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

Do not panic! They must request the evidence in writing, even if they did it verbally.

The best you can do is do an INFOpass, and schedule it NOW!

good luck

some rfe's never arrive by hard copy

I would do as much follow up as possible as in what does a tier 2 say if you call

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

Hi Samia, I know you frustrated but some times things do happen, you will be fine, send them all the docs again with your current family pictures, 3 letters from friends and your notarized statement of your interview experience with every single detail,when they receive they will pull up your file again and have to make some decision. I am sure you will be fine,will not be denied.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Do you mind give us few details of verbally derogatory exchange that you an the officer had? It might be helpful for forlks in this forum to be aware of these types of circumstances...thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.