US Canadian Desi

What is in a i-601 Waiver for Fiancee?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

**now my questions is anyone who has already done a I-601 waiver for a fiancée, (Canada)

1. what other documents does one need? do you need to have originals of any forms/paperwork (police records, citizenship, etc.)

2. do you need to also acknowledge why the fiancée was denied (moral turpitude) do you need their police records, statements, letter from them?(originals/copies)?

3. does the USCIS only care for the extreme hardship the US Citizen would incur in that portion of the packet, since the fiancée is already denied for having a charge involved in moral turpitude?

Please anyone who has done a I-601 waiver packet via attorney or on their own guide me so I have all the paperwork. Please give me any input.

My main concern is putting the packet together properly and also having legitimate proper format for the hardship letter.

I consulted with 3 attorney's and unfortunately the fee's are extremely high, which I cannot afford at the time. I learned from my research the I-601 waiver is kind of like a k-1 visa binder.

You need to be organized, good grammar, to the point and sincerity and have the following in the I-601:

use fasteners or a folder with two prongs on the top.

tabs should be on the bottom

1. a brief explaining a bit about the relationship with your fiancée abroad

2. a letter explaining the hardships you will incur with the most extreme hardship first to show emphasis. Along with the hardship you must have proof.

Qualifying hardships include: illness, if your a caregiver, anyone dependent on you, education, work, debts, property, your spouse that cannot get into U.S. country is not a good place for your future.(need proof of them)

3. affidavits/ letters from mom, dad, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, friends, community, work, doctor

4. any documents like taxes, property docs, statements of credit card, copies of checks that may prove you help with anyone dependent on you.

5. photos of you with your family

6. photos of you with your fiancée

7. basically any strong ties to the US that will enable you to move to another country.

PLEASE, give me your feedback as it will help me.

My fiancée was denied due to a charge of moral turpitude and the waiver is our only option for him to get approved and get a visa so we can get married.

Edited by US Canadian Desi

11-25-2011 - NOA1 - Applied for K-1 Fiancee Visa for my Canadian love living in Vancouver from Pakistan, sent package to California
04-23-2012 - NOA2 - Application Approved, waiting for interview date.
07-23-2012 - NOA3 - Email from Vancouver consulate that we are receiving letter to send packet 3.
07-23-2012 - NOA3 - Packet 3 - Letter received to submit DS-230 and Checklist to get a interview scheduled.
12-07-2012 - Interview - Received white paper requesting more documents.

04-10-2013 - Sent additional documents via Loomis for Van Consulate.

05-10-2013 - Email stating passport is at Loomis for pick up.

05-13-2013 - Passport returned requesting 1. Police Reports which we have previously submitted 2 times and also stated 2. Administrative Processing.

08-29-2013 - Received letter stating Visa Denied due to Moral Turpitude, Also note that we can apply for wavier I-601

12-31-2013 - Receipt date for I-601 Waiver - Waiting for results.

07-10-2014 - Interview, Visa Approved, Administrative Processing.... waiting....

8-1-2014 - Visa Issued

11-18-2014- flight booked for Fiance

1-2015 -Married, Registered for SSN, Registered for AOS, Work Permit and Advance Parole

10-2015 - AOS interview, approved.

Approximately 4 year journey to get everything done.

8-2017- Filed for Green Card - USCIS I-751 Petition (Form CRI-89, Petition to Remove Conditions of Permanent Resident Status )

Waiting to hear back on getting a Green Card....

Filed: Other Country: Mauritius
Timeline

Hi,

Check USCIS Website to get the information .

**now my questions is anyone who has already done a I-601 waiver for a fiancée, (Canada)

1. what other documents does one need? do you need to have originals of any forms/paperwork (police records, citizenship, etc.)

2. do you need to also acknowledge why the fiancée was denied (moral turpitude) do you need their police records, statements, letter from them?(originals/copies)?

3. does the USCIS only care for the extreme hardship the US Citizen would incur in that portion of the packet, since the fiancée is already denied for having a charge involved in moral turpitude?

Please anyone who has done a I-601 waiver packet via attorney or on their own guide me so I have all the paperwork. Please give me any input.

My main concern is putting the packet together properly and also having legitimate proper format for the hardship letter.

I consulted with 3 attorney's and unfortunately the fee's are extremely high, which I cannot afford at the time. I learned from my research the I-601 waiver is kind of like a k-1 visa binder.

You need to be organized, good grammar, to the point and sincerity and have the following in the I-601:

use fasteners or a folder with two prongs on the top.

tabs should be on the bottom

1. a brief explaining a bit about the relationship with your fiancée abroad

2. a letter explaining the hardships you will incur with the most extreme hardship first to show emphasis. Along with the hardship you must have proof.

Qualifying hardships include: illness, if your a caregiver, anyone dependent on you, education, work, debts, property, your spouse that cannot get into U.S. country is not a good place for your future.(need proof of them)

3. affidavits/ letters from mom, dad, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, friends, community, work, doctor

4. any documents like taxes, property docs, statements of credit card, copies of checks that may prove you help with anyone dependent on you.

5. photos of you with your family

6. photos of you with your fiancée

7. basically any strong ties to the US that will enable you to move to another country.

PLEASE, give me your feedback as it will help me.

My fiancée was denied due to a charge of moral turpitude and the waiver is our only option for him to get approved and get a visa so we can get married.

dancin5hr.gif Willam.P idea9dv.gif

reading.gif www.uscitizenship.info wow.gif

Timeline

Thank you for the feedback =) , We are filing a I-601, my fiancée has not been to the US ever and has lived in Canada but had a denial due to crime of moral turpitude.

We are not filing the I-601A waiver which is for someone who has illegal, deported or an unlawful presence in the U.S.

I just want some input on people who have submitted the I-601 and make sure I have the correct idea of what the USCIS is looking for. If the packet I will assemble will be missing any important key factors please do let me know.

Thank you again.

Edited by US Canadian Desi

11-25-2011 - NOA1 - Applied for K-1 Fiancee Visa for my Canadian love living in Vancouver from Pakistan, sent package to California
07-23-2012 - NOA3 - Email from Vancouver consulate that we are receiving letter to send packet 3.
07-23-2012 - NOA3 - Packet 3 - Letter received to submit DS-230 and Checklist to get a interview scheduled.

05-13-2013 - Passport returned requesting 1. Police Reports which we have previously submitted 2 times and also stated 2. Administrative Processing.

08-29-2013 - Received letter stating Visa Denied due to Moral Turpitude, Also note that we can apply for wavier I-601

07-10-2014 - Interview, Visa Approved, Administrative Processing.... waiting....

8-1-2014 - Visa Issued

1-2015 -Married, Registered for SSN, Registered for AOS, Work Permit and Advance Parole

8-2017- Filed for Green Card - USCIS I-751 Petition (Form CRI-89, Petition to Remove Conditions of Permanent Resident Status )

Timeline

anyone file that is not a spouse? anyone do one in the case of a fiancée?

8-1-2014 - Visa Issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.