cahrie99

Mumbai medical appointment

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Guys,

We were wondering if any of those of you that have had your medical exam in Mumbai (India) could share your experience, especially regarding scheduling and how quickly you were able to get in to see the doctor, how long your appointment took that day, etc.

My fiance (Abhinav) just got his interview letter on Sept. 6th, showing that his K1 interview has been Sept. 23rd., only about 2 weeks notice. We feel that we have everything else in order (or close to) but are really worried about the medical appointment and having it done on time (and of course, tomorrow starts a festival and most offices are closed for the day). Definitely stressful!

Thanks and we appreciate any input or shared stories you can provide :D

Carrie :)

K1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center (transferred to Texas Service Center)

Consulate : Mumbai, India

I-129F Sent : 2013-01-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-01-29

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : na

I-129F transferred to TSC: 2013-06-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-07-09

NVC Received : 2013-07-24

NVC Left : 2013-08-05

Consulate Received : 2013-08-19

Packet 3 Received : none

Packet 3 Sent : none

Packet 4 Received : none

Interview Date : 2013-09-23 APPROVED!!! dancin5hr.gif

Visa Received: 2013-10-01

AOS

Filed - 03/08/2014
NOA1 Email -
03/10/2014

Biometrics Appointment - 04/04/2014

Potential Interview Waiver Letter - 06/27/2014

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi 2 all,

I got my NOA I-797 stated that my petition was approved on Aug 16th 2013. and it was sent to NVC for further processing . I am here in India and I am the beneficiary of F2A my wife( is a LPR) was filed for I130 Now I am confused about that because of F2A category is current now and what is impact on it in my case. what should I do wait wait wait for consular processing ....and 2nd question is that what documents will asked by NVC if they assign a case number to me.

Pls Pls Help me i am very confused about it

any information about this will be helpful. Thank you in advance everyone hope there are no delays

Jai

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to India Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is embassy-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Guys,

We were wondering if any of those of you that have had your medical exam in Mumbai (India) could share your experience, especially regarding scheduling and how quickly you were able to get in to see the doctor, how long your appointment took that day, etc.

My fiance (Abhinav) just got his interview letter on Sept. 6th, showing that his K1 interview has been Sept. 23rd., only about 2 weeks notice. We feel that we have everything else in order (or close to) but are really worried about the medical appointment and having it done on time (and of course, tomorrow starts a festival and most offices are closed for the day). Definitely stressful!

Thanks and we appreciate any input or shared stories you can provide biggrin.png

Carrie smile.png

Carrie,

First of all, I don't know the specifics for the type of visa you are applying for. So, the experience I'll share may not be exactly fit your need.

However, my wife just had her medical done at the Rele Clinic in Mumbai for a CR-1 visa.

I can tell you that according to her the process was smooth although the facility was very subpar.

She went there around 11am on Sept. 6th and had to wait for her name to be called. After that she was given a few vaccinations since she didn't have the vaccination records with her. They also did a x-ray, took blood samples and gave her a vision test. The whole process took about an hour and a half. After which she paid for the fees (approx. Rs. 5000) and she was told to call back in order to find out when the results can be picked up. She called the day after and they instructed her to come on Sept. 10th to pick up the results.

I hope this information helps. However, I strongly suggest you research on the VJ website for information and other user experiences that pertain to your type of visa specifically.

Good luck!

Timeline

It definitely does help. My fiance will be having his medical appointment completed for the K1 visa but I would guess the process is about the same. He also does not have vaccination records so he will just have to have whatever they recommend. However, our issue is that he just got notice on Fri. 9/6/13 that his interview is scheduled for Mon. 9/23/13. And of course today is a holiday and the clinic was closed. So he has to wait until tomorrow to try and schedule his appointment. How long ago did your wife call to make her appointment? We are hoping that they can get him in this week or there just won't be enough time to have the medical done before his interview.

K1 Visa

AOS

Filed - 03/08/2014
NOA1 Email -
03/10/2014

Timeline

It definitely does help. My fiance will be having his medical appointment completed for the K1 visa but I would guess the process is about the same. He also does not have vaccination records so he will just have to have whatever they recommend. However, our issue is that he just got notice on Fri. 9/6/13 that his interview is scheduled for Mon. 9/23/13. And of course today is a holiday and the clinic was closed. So he has to wait until tomorrow to try and schedule his appointment. How long ago did your wife call to make her appointment? We are hoping that they can get him in this week or there just won't be enough time to have the medical done before his interview.

Well, we got our Interview date end of July and we contacted the clinic right away. They said at first to have it scheduled a month before the interview, but since my wife is not in Mumbai, we couldn't do that. So, then they suggested to have it done at least a week before the interview. That way, there's a few days in between the test and the interview to get the results and be ready.

So, I would suggest he tries to get the appointment for some time this week and absolutely latest by 9/16/13 or 9/17/13. He'll than have a realistic chance of getting the results back in time for the interview.

Don't worry too much, I'm sure they'll be considerate of the situation, especially since he has proof of receiving the interview letter as recent as last Friday!

Good luck!

Timeline

Thanks and I agree completely about the time frame of the scheduling the appointment. I'm sure things will work out just like they are supposed to, it's just hard not to worry :) He also doesn't live in Mumbai and will have to take days off work to travel there (it happens to be the closest to him of the all the doctors listed--he is in Pune). If we had been given more notice the appointment would have been scheduled in a more timely manner from our side but there is not much we can do about it other than to work with what we were given. We are desperately trying to make it work because we just hate the thought of having to postpone the interview and therefore postponing our being together again. As I'm sure you can fully understand. It definitely helps to hear encouraging words though! :D

K1 Visa

AOS

Filed - 03/08/2014
NOA1 Email -
03/10/2014

Timeline

Thanks and I agree completely about the time frame of the scheduling the appointment. I'm sure things will work out just like they are supposed to, it's just hard not to worry smile.png He also doesn't live in Mumbai and will have to take days off work to travel there (it happens to be the closest to him of the all the doctors listed--he is in Pune). If we had been given more notice the appointment would have been scheduled in a more timely manner from our side but there is not much we can do about it other than to work with what we were given. We are desperately trying to make it work because we just hate the thought of having to postpone the interview and therefore postponing our being together again. As I'm sure you can fully understand. It definitely helps to hear encouraging words though! biggrin.png

Yes, unfortunately we both know how excruciating this process is to be away from our loved ones.

Just play the cards that you were dealt. These are the last few hurdles before you are together again, so stay strong and focused.

Just devise a plan B if possible, for the extreme case that the clinic does not cooperate.

You are gonna get a lot of encouragement from the VJ members and I'm more than happy to boost your morale!smile.png

Good luck!

Timeline

Update: My fiance called the clinic and the woman he spoke with was very understanding and kind. She squeezed him to tomorrow's schedule, 9 am. He's on his way to Mumbai now!! Fingers crossed everything goes well :D

K1 Visa

AOS

Filed - 03/08/2014
NOA1 Email -
03/10/2014

Timeline

Update: My fiance called the clinic and the woman he spoke with was very understanding and kind. She squeezed him to tomorrow's schedule, 9 am. He's on his way to Mumbai now!! Fingers crossed everything goes well biggrin.png

Excellent! Hopefully everything will go well. Keep us updated!

Good luck!

Timeline

Thanks and right back at you. Also, good luck to your wife for her interview!! Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you both :)

K1 Visa

AOS

Filed - 03/08/2014
NOA1 Email -
03/10/2014

Timeline

Congratulations!!!!!! Fantastic news! :D

K1 Visa

AOS

Filed - 03/08/2014
NOA1 Email -
03/10/2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.