smallcan999

where to get the waiver form

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where we get the I-601 waiver form and how long it takes if from Canada? Not sure we will need it but want it if we do...

Thanks,

smallcan999

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Why not look on USCIS website for it?

USCIS I-601

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Chances are the consulate will make you fill out the 601 form when you are at the interview because they need to write in the reason for the denial and the need for the 601. It doesn't mean you cannot have one ready, but be prepared for them to not accept it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Chances are the consulate will make you fill out the 601 form when you are at the interview because they need to write in the reason for the denial and the need for the 601. It doesn't mean you cannot have one ready, but be prepared for them to not accept it.

ok thank you....hey do you know that if a waiver is approved does that mean that then he can get his visa? Do you know what else we need to send along with the 601? Like do I need to send a letter? What other documents will he need?

thanks for your help by the way....

smallcan999

Hi

You can get all the informations if you look at

Guide: I-212 and I-601.

This topic is right above your topic

Included form I-601 you need to get alot of Exstreme hardship letters.

This topic you can also see above you

How do I prove Exstreme Hardship

If he need this waiver I recommend you to get a lawyers help.

It's very importent that those papers and hardship letters are well written.

This step is an appeal and very uncertain for you to know if it will be approved.

I am in the same situation and finish with those papers. Now waiting for their decision.

You are very welcome to ask me questions if any doubt.

I don't know from Canada but processing time in London is between 8 and 15 weeks from they recieved the papers.

I have waited 7 weeks today.

Hi from Sweetie

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

03-07-07 Anette arrived in San Diego on a K-1 Visa

04-04-07 Married in Las Vegas

lovebirds.gif

AOS

06-01-07 Mailed AOS/AP to NBC

06-12-07 Recieved NOA by mail for AOS

07-10-07 Biometric appointment for AOS

08-03-07 AOS touched after they recieved RFE

08-14-07 Approval notice on AP is sent

08-18-07 Approval notice on AP recieved

09-07-07 Recieved Interview date by mail

10-23-07 AOS Interview / Approved

10-24-07 Card production ordered

10-29-07 Welcome Letter recieved

11-02-07 Greencard recieved

Remove Condition

08-05-09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

08-10-09 NOA1 Receipt date

08-15-09 Recieved NOA1 by mail

08-20-09 Recieved BIO date by mail

09-04-09 Biometric Appointment

09-08-09 Touch

11-25-09 Card production ordered

12-03-09 Approval Letter recieved

12-04-09 Greencard recieved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
ok thank you....hey do you know that if a waiver is approved does that mean that then he can get his visa? Do you know what else we need to send along with the 601? Like do I need to send a letter? What other documents will he need?

You definitely need to write a hardship letter to submit after the initial visa denial. It needs to prove extreme hardship to the USC if the spouse's visa is denied and the USC is required to relocate permanently to the spouse's country. The letter needs evidence and documentation to prove each hardship. I would recommend that you look at the guides and examples on www.immigrate2us.net to get an idea of the guidelines and requirements. It can take a long time to write a good letter and gather all of the necessary documentation and evidence. You can do it without a lawyer if you do your research and write a strong letter. You'll also want to understand the timing in Canada - it can be a very long process. Once the waiver is approved, then the visa is given.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.