Sarah12

ceac keeps updating but still in AP

6 posts in this topic

hi everyone, i need yourh help. i have been under ap for 3 1/2 months now. i live in capital in afghanistan. my husband in usa.

when i check my case on ceac.state.gov, they keep working on my case beause the date updated information keep changing but still says administrative processing. does this mean good news? they don't change the AP status. but the date keeps changing.

you know what i mean. one day i go and says last date updated: August 29

then i go next time, it says last date updated: August 31

Then it said: September 2

Then it said September 4

does this mean good news? bad news? ANY news?

please someone help me figure this out.

Thanks

It means something's going on with your file. Looks like your case is being touched. Hold tight, I'm sure it'll happen soon!

hi everyone, i need yourh help. i have been under ap for 3 1/2 months now. i live in capital in afghanistan. my husband in usa.

when i check my case on ceac.state.gov, they keep working on my case beause the date updated information keep changing but still says administrative processing. does this mean good news? they don't change the AP status. but the date keeps changing.

Then it said September 4

Thanks

Then it said September 4

Thanks

Its a good sign, it means they are working on your case..hope you will be out of ap soon.. good luck

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I wouldn't consider frequent updates on ceac website as negative or good signs... it just means they have opened your personal case. That's it. they can update it 300 times but no status change.. and can update it only once and get the "Ready"! instead of Admin process..! but good luck!

"...Come...follow me."

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Then it said September 4

Thanks

salam dear dont worry in sha allah everything will bee alright. ask your husband to contact his senator or congressman to find out whats holding you from geting your visa. me and my fiance right now are waiting for interview and its been almost 4 months we havent heard from us embassy in kabul. keeep ur hopes high and in sha allah you will hear good news,

Just Married

NOVEMBER 8, 2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

My best advice would be to contact a congressman at this point. Like Nick UMSC said, the updates don't really mean a whole lot it just means that someone is logging that your case is being touched. You just have to wait for the email or call that everything is over. I hope AP finishes for all of us very soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.