Dreamers

K3.....Really?

86 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sorry Randy - NVC policy in effect more than 3 years now, when the I-129F arrives with the I-130 from USCIS to NVC, NVC will administratively close the I-129F. There's a blurb here in the NEWS section on it, might be useful for you to dig and read it.

---

At the moment, and over the last 7 to 9 months, filing the I-129F made sense because of where the I-130 went - usually gone into a local office to sit in some stupid queue. Once the I-129F was filed and then arrived at a different office for adjudication, the I-130 at a local office was pulled, and sent to that other adjudication office. The only benefit this year, really, was faster adjudication times (5 months instead of 7 to 11) .

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Sorry Randy - NVC policy in effect more than 3 years now, when the I-129F arrives with the I-130 from USCIS to NVC, NVC will administratively close the I-129F. There's a blurb here in the NEWS section on it, might be useful for you to dig and read it.

---

At the moment, and over the last 7 to 9 months, filing the I-129F made sense because of where the I-130 went - usually gone into a local office to sit in some stupid queue. Once the I-129F was filed and then arrived at a different office for adjudication, the I-130 at a local office was pulled, and sent to that other adjudication office. The only benefit this year, really, was faster adjudication times (5 months instead of 7 to 11) .

Processing times of 5 months instead of 7 to 11? And how long will it take the I-129F to go through the NVC? VJ is reporting I-130 NOA1 to NOA2 times of 400 days currently for the CSC.

They are also reporting that 12 K-3 visas were awarded this year (for the last 360 days) under the heading K Visa Timelines Statistics. 186 days to interview for the K-3's, while the IR-1/CR-1 statistics report 321 days. 12 I-129F petitions that apparently made it through the NVC before the I-130's showed up.

Why wouldn't someone file an I-129F for K-3 when they're looking at 400 days NOA1-NOA2 at CSC for the I-130, and the K-3's might go through MUCH faster? Seems to me they have a choice there.

Looks like the old horse race is being revived. With an extra trip or two to visit the wife if you wait for the I-130, you might even save money by filing the I-129F

玉林,桂 resident
Feb 23, 2005 ........ Mailed I-129F to TSC . . . . . . . . .March 8th ............. P1 from CSC
April 11 ................. P2 from CSC . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .April 25 ................ NVC sends packet to GUZ
June 22 ................ P3 received . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Nov 22 ................. PASSED Interview
Dec 2 ................... Made it! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 16 .................. Married
May 23, 2006 ..... TDL, EAD, AP received. . . . . . . . . June 16, 2006 ........ AOS interview - wait for FBI bkgrnd check
Apr 19, 2007 .... EAD # 2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Oct 7, 2008 ......... 10-year green card
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - K2 (son) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dec 2 ..................... AOS/EAD filed . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 17 ................... 21st birthday
Jan 4, 2007 .......... transferred to CSC . . . . . . . . . . . Feb 6, 2007 ............ transferred to MSC
Feb 23 .................... EAD card . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Apr 16 .................... AOS denied (over 21)
Jul 26 .................... Master Calendar hearing . . . . . . Nov 15 ...................... Removal hearing
Jan 29, 2008 ........ Voluntary departure

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

yup - the old horse was revived for a bit of time,

but is dead again after 31 OCT 2013 since

the local office adjudications has stopped.

For Future filings, I can't recommend one way or the other, as I'm still studying casefile routings for November, and once Overland Park KS, Division 8, comes online for stand-alone I-130 adjudications, who knows what will happen?

To be clear - what worked earlier in the year won't be working for November and December 2013.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

You keep mentioning CSC but they haven't adjudicated I-130 petitions for USC spouses since Aug 2012. Neither has VSC.

The only places I-130 for USC spouses are going right now is NBC (either staying or being forwarded on) or Nebraska (which is very recent.)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

No recommendation is needed - it's a CHOICE that is available to anyone who files an I-130 for a CR-1/IR-1 visa.

(VJ is) also reporting that 12 K-3 visas were awarded this year (for the last 360 days) under the heading K Visa Timelines Statistics. 186 days to interview for the K-3's, while the IR-1/CR-1 statistics report 321 days. 12 I-129F petitions that apparently made it through the NVC before the I-130's showed up.

玉林,桂 resident
Feb 23, 2005 ........ Mailed I-129F to TSC . . . . . . . . .March 8th ............. P1 from CSC
April 11 ................. P2 from CSC . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .April 25 ................ NVC sends packet to GUZ
June 22 ................ P3 received . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Nov 22 ................. PASSED Interview
Dec 2 ................... Made it! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 16 .................. Married
May 23, 2006 ..... TDL, EAD, AP received. . . . . . . . . June 16, 2006 ........ AOS interview - wait for FBI bkgrnd check
Apr 19, 2007 .... EAD # 2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Oct 7, 2008 ......... 10-year green card
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - K2 (son) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dec 2 ..................... AOS/EAD filed . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 17 ................... 21st birthday
Jan 4, 2007 .......... transferred to CSC . . . . . . . . . . . Feb 6, 2007 ............ transferred to MSC
Feb 23 .................... EAD card . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Apr 16 .................... AOS denied (over 21)
Jul 26 .................... Master Calendar hearing . . . . . . Nov 15 ...................... Removal hearing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

You keep mentioning CSC but they haven't adjudicated I-130 petitions for USC spouses since Aug 2012. Neither has VSC.

The only places I-130 for USC spouses are going right now is NBC (either staying or being forwarded on) or Nebraska (which is very recent.)

CSC has been adjudicating I-130s since the recent workload shift announcement (10/21). Also TSC.

There have been quite a few approvals already, too :)

4533828f9f.png

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, no one can ever tear them apart.

USCIS: NVC:

6/21/2013 -Married in Stockholm, Sweden 4/16/2014- Case received at NVC

9/6/2013 -Priority Date 5/13 /2014- Case number and IIN assigned

2/25/2014 -Transferred to NSC 5/20/2014- DS-261 completed

3/31/2014 -Approved 5/21/2014- AOS fee invoiced and paid

5/22/2014- AOS package overnighted to NVC

5/28/2014- AOS scanned into the system

6/20/2014- IV invoice email (but fee still locked on CEAC )

6/23/2014- IV fee finally unlocked and paid.

IV package overnighted to NVC

6/30/2014- IV scanned in. DS260 completed.

7/1/2014- AOS accepted

7/2/2014- False checklist (AOS reviewed)

8/1/2014 False checklist (attorney's G28 reviewed)

8/2/2014 False checklist (NVC not sure why it was generated)

I am the beneficiary. 8/12/2014 CASE COMPLETE!

8/26/2014 Medical

9/2/2014 Interview... APPROVED!!!

9/5/2014 Visa in hand

Removal Of Conditions:

10/29- Package sent to VSC

11/1 - NOA1

11/17- Received biometrics appointment letter

11/30- Biometrics appointment

Timeline

These charts are apparently based on ACTUAL processing times, although it's unclear if they're from VJ members' statistics, or an outside source

130comparison.gif

玉林,桂 resident

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just got of the phone with a tier 2.

I had a question about a typographical error in my A number (I am a USC) on the NOA1.

He said that it does not matter since I am a US citizen.

I also asked him about the I-129F i filed for a K3.

He said: " I'll be honest with you, they are not going to honor that"

he also added: "if you don't hear anything by Dec 26 (6 months after I filed the I-129F), call us again"

So, I guess K3 is dead, but I'll still call themthe first week of January to check on that.

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

These charts are apparently based on ACTUAL processing times, although it's unclear if they're from VJ members' statistics, or an outside source

130comparison.gif

If you look at the bottom of the graph it is a VJ graph which is only representative of people on VJ and those who actually upkeep their timeline.

CSC has been adjudicating I-130s since the recent workload shift announcement (10/21). Also TSC.

There have been quite a few approvals already, too smile.png

Ah that's very recent then... but it doesn't mean they're adjudicating files that are as old as the OP is claiming, however they could be, as I don't work there nor look over their shoulders.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

With the K3 pocedure, can my financée come to stay in USA while I-130/I-129F is in pending (NOA1)? If yes, what other form I need to apply so she can temporary stay until case approved?

Thanks,

04/26/2014 I-129F
05/01/2014 e-noticification: NOA1
05/02/2014 e-noticification: Alien registration number changed
08/08/2014 case transferred and processed at USCIS office
08/11/2014 case transferred to local office
08/16/2014 hardcopy of case transferred to CSC 2ND FL, 2400 Avila Rd, Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0111
08/19/2014 case transferred and processed at USCIS office
09/09/2014 touch
09/18/2014 RFE

09/27/2014 Mail RFE

09/29/2014 USCIS review RFE

With the K3 pocedure, can my financée come to stay in USA while I-130/I-129F is in pending (NOA1)? If yes, what other form I need to apply so she can temporary stay until case approved?

Thanks,

K3 is a spousal visa.

How the K3 is supposed to work:

the I-129F is approved before the I-130

the spousal interview (K3) takes place where the foreign spouse resides before the I-130 is approved

foreign spouse arrives in USA

adjustment of status after the I-130 is approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.