Dreamers

K3.....Really?

86 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am so happy for you Dreamers!! Congratulations!!

"If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you."

"Life is not what it's supposed to be. It's what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."

Beneficiary - Applying for CR1/IR1 (but also played the K3 card prior to understanding it may be phased out.)

2013: July 20: I-130 sent (Chicago lockbox)

July 24: I-130 NOA1

July 24: I-129F sent (Dallas Lockbox)

Aug 2: I-129F NOA1

Aug 12: Alien Registration Number was changed, I-129F.

2014: Jan 28/29/30: - 3 transfer notices for I-130 and I-129F.

Feb 3 - Hard copy arrived -Notice of transfer to Texas stating Jan 29th.

Feb 10 - NOA2

Feb 27 - email stating I-130 being sent to NVC from TSC.

March 6 -NVC received our case.

April 7 - CASE NUMBER yay! IIN and BIN obtained and email given.

April 9 - DS261 available and filled in online.

April 9 - AOS not yet payable but visible.

April 10 - email regarding NVC case number and access to DS261 received/ email regarding AOS received and paid.

April 11 - AOS sent by snail mail.

April 14 - AOS arrived per mail tracking.

April 15 - IV bill received via email, IV bill paid/ in process, IV package sent.

April 18 - IV bill showing paid/ DS-260 available and done!

- AOS scanned into their system.

April 21 - IV package arrived per mail tracking.

April 24 - IV scanned into their system.

May 2 - False checklist for IV documents= AOS approval.

May 13 - NVC rep reported ? missing Police certificate via my phone call.

- Supervisor review initiated.

May 14 - Checklist for Police certificate came via email.

- Sent checklisted documentation priority post!

May 15 - Package delivered per mail tracking.

May 19 - Case COMPLETE!! Police certificate found by NVC:)

May 28 - Case complete email arrived.

May 30 - Assigned Interview date!

June 2 - Interview letter arrived via email.

June 11- Medical appointment Surrey, BC

July 8 - Interview in Montreal!! APPROVED!!!!!!!! July 10 - Visa package and passport in hand!! July 23 - POE!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I-130 takes exactly 11months to process. I-129F takes exactly 6 months. I applied April 30th for I-130 and May 7th for I-129F. We got approved this month. Obviously it not obsolete since I-130 is slow and not catching up with I-130. We still need to wait 4 to 5 months for the I-130 to approve! You still have two mnths, and it will take EXACTLY 2 months to get a response.......All the best to you!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I-130 takes exactly 11months to process. I-129F takes exactly 6 months. I applied April 30th for I-130 and May 7th for I-129F. We got approved this month. Obviously it not obsolete since I-130 is slow and not catching up with I-130. We still need to wait 4 to 5 months for the I-130 to approve! You still have two mnths, and it will take EXACTLY 2 months to get a response.......All the best to you!!

Could you please update your timeline?

And it doesn't take exactly 6 or 11 months. There is no exact timeline for any type of visa.

Some VJers got their NOA2s sooner, some later. No rule here..

Congrats though! :)

4533828f9f.png

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, no one can ever tear them apart.

USCIS: NVC:

6/21/2013 -Married in Stockholm, Sweden 4/16/2014- Case received at NVC

9/6/2013 -Priority Date 5/13 /2014- Case number and IIN assigned

2/25/2014 -Transferred to NSC 5/20/2014- DS-261 completed

3/31/2014 -Approved 5/21/2014- AOS fee invoiced and paid

5/22/2014- AOS package overnighted to NVC

5/28/2014- AOS scanned into the system

6/20/2014- IV invoice email (but fee still locked on CEAC )

6/23/2014- IV fee finally unlocked and paid.

IV package overnighted to NVC

6/30/2014- IV scanned in. DS260 completed.

7/1/2014- AOS accepted

7/2/2014- False checklist (AOS reviewed)

8/1/2014 False checklist (attorney's G28 reviewed)

8/2/2014 False checklist (NVC not sure why it was generated)

I am the beneficiary. 8/12/2014 CASE COMPLETE!

8/26/2014 Medical

9/2/2014 Interview... APPROVED!!!

9/5/2014 Visa in hand

Removal Of Conditions:

10/29- Package sent to VSC

11/1 - NOA1

11/17- Received biometrics appointment letter

11/30- Biometrics appointment

Did you buy a crystal ball? Can you see into the future??? rofl.gif

My crystal ball is on the fritz. Otherwise, I'd be able to see exactly when my file will be processed.wacko.png

I've been waiting 7 months so far for my I-130 and only a month for my K-3. April files have started to transfer to service centers.. Hopefully mine will be transferred next week and I won't be waiting 11 months. yes.gif

Edited by LoveMyTico

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

LOL exactly 6 months for the I-130!!! My entire process took 8 months. I-130 was exactly 4 months. It was just under 4 months until my interview. I received my green card exactly 9 months from putting the I-130 in the mail.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I posted this on another thread but felt perhaps it might be helpful here as well.

We filed our I-130 end of June. Studied timelines and USCIS processing times and realized they were starting to drag. Called the USCIS to see if they could tell me if my petition was still really at the NBC, which they confirmed. In the same breath, the CS person referred me to the K3 telling me that was of course an option to pursue. Sounded more promising, so that's what we did (I had already resigned myself to knowing it was going to cost us a whole lot more to have to adjust status from the US, take more time to get work and driving permits, etc, but I was ready to deal with that if I could get him here sooner. Thus we filed the 129F/K3 application in August.

Since then, while I was already reading on VJ that K3's were no longer really being processed and 130's and 129's being joined, I've continued to check on both of my applications hoping VJ folks were wrong.

Several weeks ago I decided to follow other VJ advice and asked my congresspersons for assistance, moreso just to get someone to tell them where our documents are (this was when the news started coming out about petitions/applications being transferred out to the other VPC's).

Response back from my congressperson was pretty quick, probably about a week or so. USCIS responded that "our I-130 & I-129f had been joined together and would be adjudicated together IN MAY! A couple of points I got out of this response were: 1) K3's really aren't moving on their own so that is pretty much a waste of time and energy and 2) IF we are really adjudicated in May, that will put us at exactly 11mths, altho I'm going to guess that that's an estimate and could change tomorrow.....most likely they counted out 11mths based on what the processing trend appears to be today and said MAY, not like they actually KNOW it will be done in May. Kind of had to resign myself to the reverse explaination as being the real one.

This however was good enough for me! Oh no, I had to go back in for one more inquiry! I asked my congressperson if they would please (re)-inquire about the 129F/K3 application and if/why it's not being processed seperately as was the intention when the darn thing was put in to law! Heard back just this morning from my congressperson regarding the status of our 129F/K3 application:

"The processing time frame for I-130 and I-129F are the same. If the petitioner files the I-129F it is matched with the I-130 petition and are adjudicated together.

The NBC will expedite the I-130/I-129F if it meets the expedite criteria. Due to the extremely high volume of expedite requests for this case type, we are strictly enforcing the criteria that has been set for these expedite requests.

Based on the information provided, we are unable to expedite the processing of this case. All expedite requests must be accompanied by supporting documents that demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met."

So there it is.....clearly nothing else will be done with our K3; ain't gonna happen. We're gonna sit here with all you other fine folks and wait.

Good luck to you all, and good luck to you "Dreamers"....hope they see your needs and reasons and help you get through to each other soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I called the USCIS and found a helpful representative that explained to me that it is beneficial for me to file the 1-129F (K3) because...

I filed the I-130 and received my receipt on May 6th, 2013 Currently they are processing I-130's from October of 2012.

I filed the I-129F and received my receipt on October 31, 2013. Which they say has a processing time of 5 months.

Hopefully either the I-129F will be approved in 5 months, (end of March '14) or the I-130 will be approved in 11 months, (beginning of April '14)

Either way, it is a long process and I'm trying very hard to be patient.

I only wish when I called the USCIS several times in the last 6 months, someone would have told me about the I-129F perhaps in June because if I had filed it back then, we would probably be quite a bit further along in the process.

Oh well, I guess I didn't ask the right questions...

One last note, the I-129F didn't cost me anything because I've already paid for the I-130.

The I-129F doesn't cost anything more. the adjustment of status should your spouse come to the USA as a K3 will.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

Read up on the instructions in this link for starters. It's what you send to initiate a K3 approach.

"If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you."

"Life is not what it's supposed to be. It's what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."

Beneficiary - Applying for CR1/IR1 (but also played the K3 card prior to understanding it may be phased out.)

2013: July 20: I-130 sent (Chicago lockbox)

July 24: I-130 NOA1

July 24: I-129F sent (Dallas Lockbox)

Aug 2: I-129F NOA1

Aug 12: Alien Registration Number was changed, I-129F.

2014: Jan 28/29/30: - 3 transfer notices for I-130 and I-129F.

Feb 3 - Hard copy arrived -Notice of transfer to Texas stating Jan 29th.

Feb 10 - NOA2

Feb 27 - email stating I-130 being sent to NVC from TSC.

March 6 -NVC received our case.

April 7 - CASE NUMBER yay! IIN and BIN obtained and email given.

April 9 - DS261 available and filled in online.

April 9 - AOS not yet payable but visible.

April 10 - email regarding NVC case number and access to DS261 received/ email regarding AOS received and paid.

April 11 - AOS sent by snail mail.

April 14 - AOS arrived per mail tracking.

April 15 - IV bill received via email, IV bill paid/ in process, IV package sent.

April 18 - IV bill showing paid/ DS-260 available and done!

- AOS scanned into their system.

April 21 - IV package arrived per mail tracking.

April 24 - IV scanned into their system.

May 2 - False checklist for IV documents= AOS approval.

May 13 - NVC rep reported ? missing Police certificate via my phone call.

- Supervisor review initiated.

May 14 - Checklist for Police certificate came via email.

- Sent checklisted documentation priority post!

May 15 - Package delivered per mail tracking.

May 19 - Case COMPLETE!! Police certificate found by NVC:)

May 28 - Case complete email arrived.

May 30 - Assigned Interview date!

June 2 - Interview letter arrived via email.

June 11- Medical appointment Surrey, BC

July 8 - Interview in Montreal!! APPROVED!!!!!!!! July 10 - Visa package and passport in hand!! July 23 - POE!!

Filed: Timeline

I too, filed both I-130 and 129F (K3) back in early April. I too, spoke to a Tier 2 and got our congressman involved. Same reply -- both at NBC and BOTH will be adjudicated together (whenever that will be). By the way each time I pass through the US land border (go once a week to shop) they also suggest I file for a K3 -- but then they are Customs and Border Patrol and NOT Immigration Officers!

CBP are woefully ignorant of the actual immigration system. Thankfully they know how to do their paperwork (most of the time) but that's about it.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I'm seeing some I-129F for K-3 processing times on VJ for THIS YEAR - we'd be doing a disservice by telling people (or implying that) they're NOT AVAILABLE or OBSOLETE.

http://www.visajourn...nt/k3historical

This chart says a lot - over 400 days processing at CSC, closer to 200 to 300 days at the other service centers. This is the time from NOA1 to NOA2 for I-130's

130comparison.gif

The K-3 processing times are in the 60 to 200 day range.

. . . and the overall time from I-130 NOA1 to K-3 interview time - around 300 days

k3history.gif

The potential savings is there for a K-3 - why wouldn't you throw your hat in the ring, especially if your I-130 is at CSC?

Edited by RandyW

玉林,桂 resident
Feb 23, 2005 ........ Mailed I-129F to TSC . . . . . . . . .March 8th ............. P1 from CSC
April 11 ................. P2 from CSC . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .April 25 ................ NVC sends packet to GUZ
June 22 ................ P3 received . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Nov 22 ................. PASSED Interview
Dec 2 ................... Made it! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 16 .................. Married
May 23, 2006 ..... TDL, EAD, AP received. . . . . . . . . June 16, 2006 ........ AOS interview - wait for FBI bkgrnd check
Apr 19, 2007 .... EAD # 2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Oct 7, 2008 ......... 10-year green card
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - K2 (son) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dec 2 ..................... AOS/EAD filed . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 17 ................... 21st birthday
Jan 4, 2007 .......... transferred to CSC . . . . . . . . . . . Feb 6, 2007 ............ transferred to MSC
Feb 23 .................... EAD card . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Apr 16 .................... AOS denied (over 21)
Jul 26 .................... Master Calendar hearing . . . . . . Nov 15 ...................... Removal hearing
Jan 29, 2008 ........ Voluntary departure

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The USCIS policy on K-3 processing - it's not clear if this extends to the Dept. of State processing AFTER it's already been forwarded

http://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens/k3-k4-visa/k-3k-4-nonimmigrant-visas

The Limitations of the K-3/K-4 Nonimmigrant Visa

When the K-3’s I-130 reaches the Department of State, an immigrant visa is immediately available to him or her such that the he or she and his or her children are no longer eligible for K-3/K-4 nonimmigrant status, but rather must immigrate as lawful permanent residents.

Basically, that the K-3/K-4 are NO LONGER AVAILABLE once the "K-3’s I-130 reaches the Department of State". It's not clear that that is based on an actual law, or if it's simply another USCIS policy that is ripe for a lawsuit, like the over-21 K-2 policy was, but that's what you're up against with the I-130/I-129F horse race these days.

Edited by RandyW

玉林,桂 resident
Feb 23, 2005 ........ Mailed I-129F to TSC . . . . . . . . .March 8th ............. P1 from CSC
April 11 ................. P2 from CSC . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .April 25 ................ NVC sends packet to GUZ
June 22 ................ P3 received . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Nov 22 ................. PASSED Interview
Dec 2 ................... Made it! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 16 .................. Married
May 23, 2006 ..... TDL, EAD, AP received. . . . . . . . . June 16, 2006 ........ AOS interview - wait for FBI bkgrnd check
Apr 19, 2007 .... EAD # 2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Oct 7, 2008 ......... 10-year green card
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - K2 (son) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dec 2 ..................... AOS/EAD filed . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 17 ................... 21st birthday
Jan 4, 2007 .......... transferred to CSC . . . . . . . . . . . Feb 6, 2007 ............ transferred to MSC
Feb 23 .................... EAD card . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Apr 16 .................... AOS denied (over 21)
Jul 26 .................... Master Calendar hearing . . . . . . Nov 15 ...................... Removal hearing
Jan 29, 2008 ........ Voluntary departure

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.