michela

does USC need to attend interview in peru?

66 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Just make sure you can take the things out and slid them thru the window gap when they ask for the evidence. I had to slide two packets of stuff as it wouldn't just fit under the window gap. :)

But they asked us for all the evidence we had. Having it all marked and ready to go will make it easier for them and I am assuming makes them feel more comfortable that it is a valid relationship. Especially if they can see that the two of you had to put it together together. :)

.oO - Jake & Kathe - Oo.

the significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them - Einstein

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
It's funny that you mention that 'cause that's what we brought, A LUGGAGE!!, photo albums, dvds of the weeding, print sof more than 300 e.mails,cards, stuff animals, was so funny 'cause the only thing they asked for : 3 pictures, 1 of the wedding day with both families, our honeymoon, and our engagement party. That's it. It only took us 5 minutes. Don't worry Tracy we all know how are feeling right now, try to relax, I'm 100% sure that you are coming home with Luis. By the way, what is he planning to do in the US?? What kind of job or is he going to school???

Hugs

VI

Luis wants to get certified to become a teacher for children with special needs, which is wonderful. But until that time, he can work at Wendy's to help pay the bills! :lol:

I'm actually getting really excited about the interview. I'm feeling much more confident, than anxious. We are genuine, and there's no way that won't be reflected to anyone that see us (L)

Thanks again. Keep us in your prayers.

(L) Tracy

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Timeline

You will be fine! :) Having both of you there is a HUGE help, and from the sounds of things you have "plenty" of evidence ;)

<hugs>

.oO - Jake & Kathe - Oo.

the significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them - Einstein

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
just a note to those who don't attend, of the people we saw getting approved, everybody had the USC there. Those that didn't were not approved. Not sure why, just know they didn't get the visa of those we saw (out of 6 couples the three of us w/ the USC were approved, everyone else got their passport back w/ the yellow paper).

Don't connect getting the 221g (yellow paper) with an absence of the USC at the interview. The USC is not required to attend the interview--and on the 221g there are various reasons that a Visa is not granted that day. In fact several Peru-American couples have received the 221g with the USC present at the interview--including myself--it just means something was missing or still required--and in the cases here on VJ the requirement was something simple and the visa was eventually granted.

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

Timeline

congrats on the approval stoneservant! :) :)

artegal - I realize that it is not a requirement, nor can it be the reason for a lack of approval, just noting that it was interesting that of the denials and approvals I personally saw that day it appeared only those with their spouse got the approvals. :)

.oO - Jake & Kathe - Oo.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.