RaymondLinda

We are sending our I-129f package tomorrow and we need HELP?

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiance' and I have prepared everything that we need to send our I-129f package tomorrow. I have read from

Step-by-Step Guide on How to File for a K-1 Visa that we need to make TWO copies of the entire package before we send it in. Why is that? Is it okay if my fiance' just scan the paper works he filled in and email them to me instead of printing out the entire package?... what about our photos that he sent.. should he print 2 copies also?

You are getting a lot of incorrect info about what to send and when. I don't see any comment about how the USC will overcome the support issues. He should figure that out before he sends in anything. You could both be very surprised in the future and now would be the time to decide how to approach that subject before you spend time and money in the wrong direction.

Yes its fine to have a scanned copy of the I-129F petition for your personal records. That is what I did, I did not make a printed copy. Two copies are not needed.

I made two copies and it's a good thing I did because one packet got lost in the mail. It was a lot easier to make the two copies initially than it would have been to have to reassemble all the documents again. Just saying... can never count of mail between US and Philippines, that's for sure.

Aloha Ke Akua

i think its better to have your fiance send a copy of his passport cuz it proves that he's a US citizen and it would be considered primary evidence of having met within the last two years (because of the visa stamps and etc). also the passport will cover him in case you guys get a uscis adjudicator that prefers original birth certificates instead of copy of birth certificate. you guys should also keep a copy of all your paperwork in your file in case USCIS or NVC or the embassy loses any of your paperwork, you can just make a quick copy and send it in right away. if they lose it it's still on you two to provide them with the lost paper work.

I would also suggest you apply for an original birth certificate and bring it along with you on the interview.

Aloha Ke Akua

Interesting. Thank you for the info. I was reading somewhere, it says must be original and not scanned ones especially for letter intent of marry. But, I guess was wrong.

No, I think this is bad advice. I would NEVER try to use a scanned document in place of a required ORIGINAL document. I might be wrong but I think it is bad advice to suggest that you should send scanned documents. Maybe I am wrong, but why take any chances???

Aloha Ke Akua

Edited by David & Zoila

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Interesting. Thank you for the info. I was reading somewhere, it says must be original and not scanned ones especially for letter intent of marry. But, I guess was wrong.

You were not wrong. All forms requiring a signature need to be original signatures and not copies/scans. Just because one person got by with using copies does not make it the correct thing. Some people sent copies of their letters of intent and were fine, Some people sent copies of their letters of intent and got an RFE. Someone slipping through does not mean everyone will, or how it is supposed to be done. The forms and letters of intent need original signatures. It is bad advice to tell anyone they do not.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

You are getting a lot of incorrect info about what to send and when. I don't see any comment about how the USC will overcome the support issues. He should figure that out before he sends in anything. You could both be very surprised in the future and now would be the time to decide how to approach that subject before you spend time and money in the wrong direction.

Thank you very much for the reply.. I have sent you a private msg concerning this... :)

heart.gif Our Timeline heart.gif

September 9, 2013: I-129F application - packet sent

September 14, 2013: Received NOA1 via text

September 20, 2013: Received NOA1 (hard copy mailed)

October 18, 2013: Alien Registeration Number changed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.