madtownguy

The bar girl...

137 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I know there is some here who

found thier wives in bars,,,and they wont come clean

You are the only one, as far as I know. I bet you didn't put that on the I-129F as an answer to the question, "How did you meet?" Edited by The Patriot

You are the only one, as far as I know. I bet you didn't put that on the I-129F as an answer to the question, "How did you meet?"

Well how would you know? no one on here seems to be honest with there description on how they met,,,and as far as anything in my life is concerned it aint NONE of the gubaments business were I met anyone or what I do,,,,,,

I dont see any difference between meeting a girl in a bar and some guy who sits in front of his pc with potatoe chips all over his big gut

picking out which girl to spill his guts to. And then sends money to said girl,,,,,this is strange behaviour indeed

Edited by Niblet

"Never Argue with an idiot, he will only bring you down to his level"

K1 Visa Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-03-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-07-28

Interview Date : 19 AUG 2013 cancelled due to flooding Sept 11 2013

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received : 18 Sept

US Entry : 26 Sept 2013

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 130 days from your NOA1 date.

Married 12-15-2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS- When I get the cash for it

A guy shouldnt have to go through all this hassle to bring a girl over

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Maybe Thailand is different, but I doubt it. From my experience, I don't buy the B.S. line about sending money back home to the poor family. All the bar girls I knew in Thailand rarely sent money home, if at all. In most cases they spent it on expensive clothes, or mobile phones, superficial things like that. Some of them picked up nasty meth habits. From what I could tell, it's a lifestyle. Their friends are into it, so they're into it.

I've also seen the cases up close with stringing along multiple foreign guys for money as another poster was talking about above. The Thais have terrible English skills, unlike Filipinas. I'd offer to help with the emails in exchange for services rendered. From what I could see living in Bangkok, there's probably a less than 5% chance of getting the girl out of the business, once she's in it. I have no idea if putting them on a plane and moving them to the U.S. changes that. I think once they look at sex as a monetary transaction, it's probably hard for them to look at it any other way. I've had some Thai bar girls describe sex as a bodily function like taking a leak, and they say "Why not get paid for it?"

Sorry if my views seem cynical, but living in Bangkok for 3 years, I've seen alot of guys get taken for a ride. I don't blame the girls for that, and I'd bet after the initial anger from the guys, they don't blame them either. It takes two people to get screwed over. One to get screwed and one to to do the screwing. There has to be a willing participant on both ends.

I'd talk to these guys crying in their beer after getting taken for a ride, and I felt like saying "so you really thought you were going to change some hot looking prostitute 25 years younger than you?" She's in her prime earning years, and she knows it. She's not going to give up that earning potential for some guy that is probably shagging other bar girls anyway. Money is king in that culture. Love comes a distant 3rd or 4th. So I could see problems arising by bringing one of these girls here. They're probably doing calculations in their head about how much money they're leaving on the table every time they have sex with their new American husband. They expect something in return for all that free lovin' and when they don't get it, that's when the problems start.

A guy told me once, "Always rent, never buy" when referring to bar girls. People would have alot more money and a lot less heartache if they followed that simple rule.

I'm not saying that's the case with 100% of bar girls, but I guess the number is pretty close.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

ETA: Just for the record I shacked up withe the first 19 year old bar girl I met after spending all of 2 hours in Bangkok. Bought her a $3500 engagement ring within two months. That relationship ended about 18 months later with me at the local Thai police station with a knife wound signing a confession in Thai. So I'm no better than anyone else that falls into that trap. I did learn a valuable lesson from it all though.

ETA: Just for the record I shacked up withe the first 19 year old bar girl I met after spending all of 2 hours in Bangkok. Bought her a $3500 engagement ring within two months. That relationship ended about 18 months later with me at the local Thai police station with a knife wound signing a confession in Thai. So I'm no better than anyone else that falls into that trap. I did learn a valuable lesson from it all though.

thanks for the honesty,,and i will say you are 100% spot on as well!

And for the record, if i was a good looking bargirl,,i would be taking those fat foreigners for a ride,,big time,,,they are so easy!

Edited by Niblet

K1 Visa Event Date

I-129F Sent :

I did learn a hard lesson in Honolulu at a Korean bar. I spent some time with some beautiful girls, bought many bottles of champange, and did get to finger bang at least one of them. After the last girl passed out drunk, I was out $1000, and left the place alone.

Timeline

I did learn a hard lesson in Honolulu at a Korean bar. I spent some time with some beautiful girls, bought many bottles of champange, and did get to finger bang at least one of them. After the last girl passed out drunk, I was out $1000, and left the place alone.

That sounds exactly like a bar I went to in Tokyo called Climax. Except the girls were Russian. I think I got nailed for $1500. I had a tough time explaining that one on the corporate Amex.

alone? sounds like you could have done the deed on all of them and retrived some services for the cash you spent,,i know i wouldnt have hesitated

K1 Visa Event Date

I-129F Sent :

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I spent a majority of my time in Angeles,,,,,and yes I am qualified ,,,,,,others need to come forward and admit they married bar girls before i will tell my story,,I know there is some here who

found thier wives in bars,,,and they wont come clean,,,,besides whats the differnce? a bar or the internet? I personally like to test drive something before i make a purchase if you get my drift

I have not gone the bar-girl route but I have been to more than enough dance clubs in third world countries where having blue eyes guaranteed attention and the freelancer women could outnumber the men 10 to 1..

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Well, I have made it this far in life, so I guess I have a bit of experience.

And don't interpret my term that you seem to be dwelling on as just relating to pre-marital sex. There are other morals that come into play in life that have nothing to do with sex.

My wife is loud, obnoxious, flamboyant, owns nothing that doesn't sparkle and puts pictures of herself almost hourly on facebook... and she will walk on fire for her friends, bring refugees home from her English class, has never bothered to look on any of my computers, phones or emails accounts even though she knows the passwords to them all (and I've never bothered to look at hers). For the last two years shes walked around with credit cards that she could charge tens of thousands of dollars yet every month our balances end at zero and the bank accounts go untouched.. .What other morals should I be worried about that you and the OP find so important?

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

None. You jumped in with both feet into an ongoing discussion continued from another (closed) thread, not sure what you are wanting to hear from me. You most likely read the other threads, and so I wouldn't expect you to know the background. Owning sparkly clothing and posting self-pics is not my idea of low morals, not sure if it's yours or not. You seem happy, and at the end of the day, your (and her) joint happiness is really all that matters, no? It matters not if you met her in a bar, found her on the street, or were introduced at a $2,000-per-plate dinner. As long as you are both happy and complete one another, what else matters?

alone? sounds like you could have done the deed on all of them and retrived some services for the cash you spent,,i know i wouldnt have hesitated

I don't mess with Koreans. When it comes to that stuff, they just don't care about their own safety. If you did spend some time in Korea, I am sure you know that. My martial arts instructor was Korean. I know better.

They should not let you and Karee out of P and R.

You two get one little hall pass and turn this respectable forum into a drunken .free for all

Nice job BTW

devil.gifdevil.gif

You are the only one, as far as I know. I bet you didn't put that on the I-129F as an answer to the question, "How did you meet?"

laughing.gif

I spent a majority of my time in Angeles,,,,,and yes I am qualified ,,,,,,others need to come forward and admit they married bar girls before i will tell my story,,I know there is some here who

found thier wives in bars,,,and they wont come clean,,,,besides whats the differnce? a bar or the internet? I personally like to test drive something before i make a purchase if you get my drift

You confuse me on whether or not you are proud you met your fiancee/wife in a strip club aka "bar/nightclub" in the Philippines. Are you proud or not? You sound like you are trying to make yourself seem better and even feel okay by lashing out on every comment that even deigns to say a relationship with a "bar girl" is unacceptable and that "bar girls" are low quality women.

You're trapping people in this little mind game of yours... even if you know very well that there will always be a person who will not share your point of view.

Edited by ivyanddan

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.