RosaMystica7

France/America couples

2,690 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Je suis francaise mais je suis aux USA depuis 6 ans donc ca se perd un peu. Quand mon hubby francais sera meilleur, j'aurais l'occasion de parler francais plus souvent. :P

Les gens qui s'occupent de la ligne telephone d'USCIS n'ont aucune experience en matiere d'immigration. Ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font et donnent des informations erronees. C'est dingue!

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Je suis francaise mais je suis aux USA depuis 6 ans donc ca se perd un peu. Quand mon hubby francais sera meilleur, j'aurais l'occasion de parler francais plus souvent. :P

Les gens qui s'occupent de la ligne telephone d'USCIS n'ont aucune experience en matiere d'immigration. Ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font et donnent des informations erronees. C'est dingue!

Ah, ok! C'est vrai que 6ans ca fait pas mal de temps!

T'as plus qu'a avoir des enfants et tu pourras parler francais avec eux au moins! :P

Timeline

Je ne veux pas d'enfants. Je n'ai jamais eu l'instinct maternel, peut etre que ca changera avec le temps mais j'en doute fortement.

Et toi?

Timeline

Salut,

Sorry I'm not writing this in french but my french isn't that great...grant it I'm french by birth (born in St. Martin) but had an english education....so with that said....My passport is currently in my maiden name and I would like to change it to my married name...I live in NJ...what are the steps? I know I have to be registered with the french consulat but don't think I can do that until i get Greencard...what's the procedures i have to follow...

Merci pour vous temps

Greencard (2008):

July 16....AOS mailed;

July 17.......AOS received
July 21.......NOA1 receipt date

July 23.......Check Cashed
July 25.......Received NOA1

July 28.......Received Biometrics appointment
Aug 12.....received RFE notice

Aug 13...Biometrics Appointment

August 19...RFE received, case resumed processing
Oct. 8.........EAD Card production ordered

Oct. 16.......EAD Approval noticed mailed
Oct. 18........EAD in hand (came in mail)
Nov 3.........Interview Notice received in mail
Dec 4.........Interview APPROVED, CRIS email: card production ordered
Dec 9.........Welcome noticed received in mail Dec 9.........card production ordered
Dec 14.......Received greencard in mail

CITIZENSHIP (2014):
May 7...Application mailed out

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Salut,

Sorry I'm not writing this in french but my french isn't that great...grant it I'm french by birth (born in St. Martin) but had an english education....so with that said....My passport is currently in my maiden name and I would like to change it to my married name...I live in NJ...what are the steps? I know I have to be registered with the french consulat but don't think I can do that until i get Greencard...what's the procedures i have to follow...

Merci pour vous temps

I don't have any information to help you but I'm kinda glad that I can finally understand something on this thread. :) I've been kinda afraid that I'm missing something important because every thing has been in french for awhile. I've been asking my fiance to read it and let me know if we're missing something important. Anyhoos, can't help but I'm glad to be finally understanding something :)

K1

May 2005 - Met in Berkeley, California

July 03, 2008 - Engaged in Paris, France

July 25, 2008 - I129F sent to CSC

July 28, 2008 - Delivery Confirmation @ CSC

July 31, 2008 - NOA1

July 31, 2008 - Check Cashed

Dec 08, 2008 - touch

Dec 08, 2008 - NOA2

Dec 09, 2008 - touch

Dec 12, 2008 - left NVC

Dec 17, 2008 - rec'd at embassy

Dec 31, 2008 - Packet 3 rec'd

Jan 05, 2009 - Packet 3 returned to USEM

Jan 15, 2009 - Packet 4 rec'd :)

Jan 28, 2009 - Medical Scheduled

Jan 29, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

Feb 02, 2009 - Visa Issued

Feb 04, 2009 - Visa Rec'd :)

May 15, 2009 - US Entry

May 29, 2009 - Civil Ceremony

AOS/EAD/AP

June 16, 2009 - EAD/AP/AOS sent to Chicago

June 18, 2009 - Arrived in Chicago

June 22, 2009 - NOA1s

June 23, 2009 - Check Cashed

June 29, 2009 - Biometrics Letter Rec'd

July 02, 2009 - AP Touch

July 03, 2009 - AP Touch

July 06, 2009 - AP Touch

July 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

July 16, 2009 - AOS & EAD Touch

August 04, 2009 - EAD & AP approved

August 07, 2009 - AOS appt letter rec'd

August 10, 2009 - AP rec'd in mail

August 13, 2009 - EAD rec'd in mail

September 02, 2009 - AOS Interview - Approved!

6129_809760700913_1201708_46195603_1937025_n.jpg

Timeline
Salut,

Merci pour vous temps

Hi!

I think you are depending on of the New York consulate. Here's the link to all the documents you need to ask for a new passeport :

http://www.consulfrance-newyork.org/spip.php?article342

Apparently you need to wait for your EAD or GC!

Timeline
Je ne veux pas d'enfants. Je n'ai jamais eu l'instinct maternel, peut etre que ca changera avec le temps mais j'en doute fortement.

Et toi?

Il va falloir alors que toi et ton mari travaille enormement le francais pour qu'il soit bilingue ;)

moi jai un enoooorme instinst maternel, un peu trop d'ailleurs!lol, je sais deja que je serais une mere poule! :D

Mais bizarrement je ne suis toujours pas prete je pense a en avoir! C'est un tel changement dans un foyer! Il faut beaucoup de courage pour se lancer!

Timeline
Salut,

Merci pour vous temps

Hi!

I think you are depending on of the New York consulate. Here's the link to all the documents you need to ask for a new passeport :

http://www.consulfrance-newyork.org/spip.php?article342

Apparently you need to wait for your EAD or GC!

Merci,

I think I'll wait for my greencard (i'll need it for my interview coming up 12/04) and that way i can to everything all at once: register my marriage, kids and with the cosulat so I can get my Livret de famille...BTW...I'm not renewing just getting my name changed I think that they'll issue you the same expiration date and simply update the last name...Thanks for the link...

Greencard (2008):

July 16....AOS mailed;

Dec 9.........Welcome noticed received in mail Dec 9.........card production ordered

CITIZENSHIP (2014):

Timeline
Salut,

Merci pour vous temps

I don't have any information to help you but I'm kinda glad that I can finally understand something on this thread. :) I've been kinda afraid that I'm missing something important because every thing has been in french for awhile. I've been asking my fiance to read it and let me know if we're missing something important. Anyhoos, can't help but I'm glad to be finally understanding something :)

I kind of forgot that not everyone speaks French on this topic.. sorry.

The conversation started about whether or not I should apply for "inscription consulaire" (consular registration), and then it ended up being about how to get the French citizenship and when to apply for it (and also for the US citizenship).

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline

youhou guess who made it to DC/Virginia yesterday? :thumbs:

it's never been that easy to pass the custom. I just said "thanksgiving" and "couple of weeks".

next time it will be with my visa in hand hopefully!

and in the meantime youhou I'm enjoying Kai :)

sorry for not writing in english in a few posts... that was just lazyness.

Kai had to work on his French to understand what we were saying which was good though!

and by the way he hasn't 2 nationalities as I said. my mistake: he is only american. and he is in the army so he won't take any other citizenship it's not allowed. I've never thought about that before but it make sense..

have a great week end !

Lili :star: and Kai (making yuuummmmiii breakfast!)

K1 timeline

July 07 - met in London

30 Apr 08 - petition received (was sent around the 20th...)

22 May 08 - NOA1

12 Sep 08 - NOA2!!!!

19 Sep 08 - NVC send our case to Niger instead of France

........case stuck in Niger for 6 weeks......

14 Nov 08 - Packet 3 received

14 Nov 08 - Packet 3 sent

02 Dec 08 - Packet 4 received

18 Dec 08 - Interview!

23 Dec 08 - had to re-do fingerprint / Visa Issued

24 Dec 08 - Visa received

30 Dec 08 - Flying to Dulles (Washington DC)

06 Jan 09 - Marriage

AOS/EAD/AP timeline

02 Feb 09 - AOS, AP and EAD sent

05 Feb 09 - Received by USCIS

11 Feb 09 - NOA for AOS, AP and EAD (mailbox: 14 Feb)

04 Mar 09 - Biometrics

17 Mar 09 - Case sent to the California Service Center

02 Apr 09 - AP issued (mailbox: Apr 9)

02 Apr 09 - EAD issued (mailbox: Apr 11)

10 Apr 09 - 2 years Permanent Resident Card issued (mailbox Apr 18)

Timeline
youhou guess who made it to DC/Virginia yesterday? :thumbs:

it's never been that easy to pass the custom. I just said "thanksgiving" and "couple of weeks".

next time it will be with my visa in hand hopefully!

and in the meantime youhou I'm enjoying Kai :)

sorry for not writing in english in a few posts... that was just lazyness.

Kai had to work on his French to understand what we were saying which was good though!

and by the way he hasn't 2 nationalities as I said. my mistake: he is only american. and he is in the army so he won't take any other citizenship it's not allowed. I've never thought about that before but it make sense..

have a great week end !

Lili :star: and Kai (making yuuummmmiii breakfast!)

Waow! That's great!!

Have a nice holiday!! :dance:

Timeline

I don't mind writing posts in either English or French. I am lazy to write french. It takes me a while to have my brain functioning in the right language. :P

Have fun Lili!! :)

Timeline
Salut,

Merci pour vous temps

LOL I totally agree with you...I haven't had anyone to speak french to in 10yrs so I"m very rusty...but hopefully i'll be able to teach my kids the "little" I do know hehehe

Greencard (2008):

July 16....AOS mailed;

CITIZENSHIP (2014):

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

hello!

I've got my interview day ! December 18th :)

now I need to fly back to Paris (yeah I'm still in Virginia enjoying cold and sunny winter :whistle: ).

so I'm wondering : shall I fly through JFK? I need to decide now cause I'm taking my round trip from here. It would cost us an extra 300 dollars but If it means I can start working a few day after I get here (time to get SSN) it is worth it...

any of you did this?

Lili :star: (and Kai)

K1 timeline

July 07 - met in London

30 Apr 08 - petition received (was sent around the 20th...)

22 May 08 - NOA1

12 Sep 08 - NOA2!!!!

19 Sep 08 - NVC send our case to Niger instead of France

........case stuck in Niger for 6 weeks......

14 Nov 08 - Packet 3 received

14 Nov 08 - Packet 3 sent

02 Dec 08 - Packet 4 received

18 Dec 08 - Interview!

23 Dec 08 - had to re-do fingerprint / Visa Issued

24 Dec 08 - Visa received

30 Dec 08 - Flying to Dulles (Washington DC)

06 Jan 09 - Marriage

AOS/EAD/AP timeline

02 Feb 09 - AOS, AP and EAD sent

05 Feb 09 - Received by USCIS

11 Feb 09 - NOA for AOS, AP and EAD (mailbox: 14 Feb)

04 Mar 09 - Biometrics

17 Mar 09 - Case sent to the California Service Center

02 Apr 09 - AP issued (mailbox: Apr 9)

02 Apr 09 - EAD issued (mailbox: Apr 11)

10 Apr 09 - 2 years Permanent Resident Card issued (mailbox Apr 18)

Timeline
hello!

I've got my interview day ! December 18th :)

now I need to fly back to Paris (yeah I'm still in Virginia enjoying cold and sunny winter :whistle: ).

so I'm wondering : shall I fly through JFK? I need to decide now cause I'm taking my round trip from here. It would cost us an extra 300 dollars but If it means I can start working a few day after I get here (time to get SSN) it is worth it...

any of you did this?

Lili :star: (and Kai)

Congrats on the interview date! That is pretty quick.

If I were you, I don't think I would do it. The work authorization is for three months only. Your first goal is going to prepare your wedding and get settled down. A month might have passed by, by then. The economy sucks so if you want to work just for money, you will most likely get minimum wage.

Let's say you make $7.5 an hour and get (lucky!) 40 hours a week. You are looking at $1200 a month, after taxes you might come to $900. So with the two months left on your work authorization, you have officially made $1500 ($1800-$300)!!

It seems a whole lot of nothing for a whole lot of effort.

But no, I haven't done it.

You are only getting married once, enjoy it! :)

Edited by Lili

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.