RosaMystica7

France/America couples

2,690 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I haven't read that thread for a looooong time and I read some things for which I could provide some input. When I flew to the US those bastards made me pay 40 euros cause I was like 3 kg above what they accepted so be careful and yes, a round trip ticket is cheaper eventhough this is totally retarded...AS for the publication des bans before getting married in the US I didn't do it but how the hell should I have known...Anyway, I have almost everything ready to send to the consulate in Chicago (I live in Wisconsin so Chicago would be the closest). I am going to do it but I don't see why everyone is getting all excited about it. I mean what is it going to change anyway? I'm just wondering. To get the apostille (and get info about getting your marriage valid in France), you can go there: http://www.consulfrance-chicago.org/articl...?id_article=318 I contacted the secretary of state in WI by email, sent my marriage certificate and a form (and a $10 bill) and I got mine in less than a week so it's easy to get.

I'll be a little french and complain before finishing my email: I have been waiting 60 days now since AOS and I don't even have my biometrics appointment for my work permit. i've called USCIS of course,, they said it's taking more like 4 months for the work permit now and the lady I talked too sent a message cause it wasn't normal that I didn't get my biometrics yet. This all immigration process is so freaking long and depressing, it's just unbelievable. Yes I do live with the woman that I love and that's clearly the best but come on now, it is getting ridiculous...The best would be if I had to be audited by the french consulate, I think that would top everything :)

All right, I'm done being french, I'll return to be all Mickey Mouse happy and watch baseball on TV eating my Big Mac, Ahahahaha :)

Good luck to everyone waiting for whatever.

Fred

PS: For the publications des bans you can go there, it explains everything:

K-1 Timeline

04/26/07 - I-129F sent

05/23/07 - NOA1

09/07/07 - NOA2

10/09/07 - NVC

10/20/07 - Packet 3

10/27/07 - Packet 4

11/07/07 - Medical

12/11/07 - Interview

12/25/07 - POE Chicago

AOS Timeline

01/18/08 - Wedding

01/24/08 - AOS Packet Sent

01/27/08 - NOAs for AOS, EAD, and AP

03/27/08 - AP Received

05/01/08 - EAD Received

08/06/08 - RFE for I-485

08/18/08 - Case Resumed

08/26/08 - Card Production Ordered (no interview)

08/29/08 - Welcome Letter Received

09/02/08 - Green Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi

I've got a question about the "Publications des Bans"

My fiancé and I intend to ask for it as soon as we arrive in the USA (he comes in France to spend a couple weeks and then we leave together to the USA). However they ask for an proof of residence and until we get married, everything is at my fiance's name (lease, bills...). Is it ok if my fiancé writes a letter attesting I'm living with him?

What have you all done regarding this matter?

My consulate in the Chicago consulate. I'm going to live in Wisconsin.

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-12

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-07-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-12-12

NVC Left : 2008-01-17

Packet 3 Received : 2008-02-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-03-05

Interview Date : 2008-03-20

Visa Received : 2008-03-26

US Entry : 2008-05-04

Marriage : 2008-05-23

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

I can't answer because we both signed the lease with my wife but I'm sure a letter by your fiance will be absolutely fine. Are you seriously going to live in Wisconsin???? Where to? Lucky you, you missed the most horrible winter of all time....

Fred

Hi

My fiancé and I intend to ask for it as soon as we arrive in the USA (he comes in France to spend a couple weeks and then we leave together to the USA). However they ask for an proof of residence and until we get married, everything is at my fiance's name (lease, bills...). Is it ok if my fiancé writes a letter attesting I'm living with him?

K-1 Timeline

04/26/07 - I-129F sent

05/23/07 - NOA1

09/07/07 - NOA2

10/09/07 - NVC

10/20/07 - Packet 3

10/27/07 - Packet 4

11/07/07 - Medical

12/11/07 - Interview

12/25/07 - POE Chicago

AOS Timeline

01/18/08 - Wedding

01/24/08 - AOS Packet Sent

01/27/08 - NOAs for AOS, EAD, and AP

03/27/08 - AP Received

05/01/08 - EAD Received

08/06/08 - RFE for I-485

08/18/08 - Case Resumed

08/26/08 - Card Production Ordered (no interview)

08/29/08 - Welcome Letter Received

09/02/08 - Green Card Received

Timeline

Wisconsin Dells, an hour from Madison

Surely you know of that place with all the Water Parks and attractions :P

I know about the horrible winter. My fiancé told me it snowed again a few days ago. I was there from Noc to Dec and got a fair amount of snow!

We went to Minnesota and Noth Dakota as well to visit his family and it was even worse!

Where are you in Wisconsin?

I can't answer because we both signed the lease with my wife but I'm sure a letter by your fiance will be absolutely fine. Are you seriously going to live in Wisconsin???? Where to? Lucky you, you missed the most horrible winter of all time....

Fred

Hi

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I received my Livret de Famille yesterday. :)

No audit, nothing. I guess they did believe that we were a bona fide couple. And it is a blue livret with "Ministere des affaires etrangeres" written on it.

I was so happy when I saw the Fed-Ex envelop on my doorstep yesterday. My husband was happy too. I teased him, saying we can have up to 10 kids given the number of pages on the livret. :jest:

We didn't provide anything else than what they asked for. We were married for 6 months already when I applied for it. I sent both original birth certificates (remember that the French one is only valid 3 months, so if you bring some with you do it quickly).

Now I have to wait for the Charlotte Office to make some progress in the processing (ils ont recule d'un mois) :wacko:

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

Timeline
I received my Livret de Famille yesterday. :)

No audit, nothing. I guess they did believe that we were a bona fide couple. And it is a blue livret with "Ministere des affaires etrangeres" written on it.

I was so happy when I saw the Fed-Ex envelop on my doorstep yesterday. My husband was happy too. I teased him, saying we can have up to 10 kids given the number of pages on the livret. :jest:

We didn't provide anything else than what they asked for. We were married for 6 months already when I applied for it. I sent both original birth certificates (remember that the French one is only valid 3 months, so if you bring some with you do it quickly).

Now I have to wait for the Charlotte Office to make some progress in the processing (ils ont recule d'un mois) :wacko:

Yeah, congrats on your livret de famille!! How long did it take them??

I read about the Charlotte office processing timelines in your thread. It is unbelievable!!! :angry: Did you even have an interview yet or you are just in limbo?

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Timeline

I read about the Charlotte office processing timelines in your thread. It is unbelievable!!! :angry: Did you even have an interview yet or you are just in limbo?

I can't remember exactly when we sent it. It was around February-March I think. So it didn't really take long. And I was half expecting to get an audit since we didn't do the publication des bancs, but nope :D

Yeah, the Charlotte Office makes me want to :bonk:

We have not had an interview scheduled yet, that's the problem. And since they went back on the processing times, we are still technically within "normal" processing times, so there isn't much to be done from what I understand.

I plan to call next week. I'll give you an update (if there is anything).

3 months ago my case was still at the National Service Center.

I'd just like to have a date. Right now if we have nothing by the end of June I'll have to renew my EAD, because with the 90 days time to get approved it has to be done then to avoid getting a hole in my employment authorization. It sucks with the current fees!

Plus we're likely to move in June so that's not going to help. I'd just like the interview appointment letter, even if the appointment is in 6 month!

I-751

French Thread I

French Thread II

Timeline

I can't remember exactly when we sent it. It was around February-March I think. So it didn't really take long. And I was half expecting to get an audit since we didn't do the publication des bancs, but nope :D

Yeah, the Charlotte Office makes me want to :bonk:

We have not had an interview scheduled yet, that's the problem. And since they went back on the processing times, we are still technically within "normal" processing times, so there isn't much to be done from what I understand.

I plan to call next week. I'll give you an update (if there is anything).

3 months ago my case was still at the National Service Center.

I'd just like to have a date. Right now if we have nothing by the end of June I'll have to renew my EAD, because with the 90 days time to get approved it has to be done then to avoid getting a hole in my employment authorization. It sucks with the current fees!

Plus we're likely to move in June so that's not going to help. I'd just like the interview appointment letter, even if the appointment is in 6 month!

Yikes, this situation sucks! I have been following your chronicles in the july filers thread. We shall call them the Chronicles of Cecy. :whistle:

I can't believe USCIS can decide to just go back in time. I mean, we do pay for a service.

Only three months ago, they transfered your case to Charlotte? Sweet jesus, this is just not right! I mean the National service center can't do anything after the approval of AP and EAD. :blink:

At least, you are working. How is worky work going?

I wish you good luck with the phone call! How about trying for an infopass though? After reading about people's experience with the misinformation line, i dread to even pick up the phone.

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Timeline
Yikes, this situation sucks! I have been following your chronicles in the july filers thread. We shall call them the Chronicles of Cecy. :whistle:

I can't believe USCIS can decide to just go back in time. I mean, we do pay for a service.

Only three months ago, they transfered your case to Charlotte? Sweet jesus, this is just not right! I mean the National service center can't do anything after the approval of AP and EAD. :blink:

At least, you are working. How is worky work going?

I wish you good luck with the phone call! How about trying for an infopass though? After reading about people's experience with the misinformation line, i dread to even pick up the phone.

I wish I had been transfered to my local office. I wish.

Last time I called it was still at the national service center.

I get to talk to a real immigration officer when I call the line because they never put my I-485 online. I'm not the only one in that case. There is an other couple with pretty much the same timeline waiting to be transfered to the same office. We're keeping each other up to date.

There are people in far worse situations though, so I complain a bit, but hey, at least I'm with my husband and not far away miserable without him.

Jobs are doing great. I have several. I like the main one I do, and I've been given much more interesting opportunities job wise here than I was in France; so I'm definitely happy on that side.

I'll see what I do depending on what they say at the next phone call...

I-751

French Thread I

French Thread II

Timeline

Hello everyone

I have a question about the interview at the embassy. On this page http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...e&cty=Paris it still says that we need I-864, not I-134. The page has been updated recently, that's why I want to make sure we do the right things (even though we still have several months before the interview)

I know that for the K1 visa it should be I-134 and for AOS later, the I-864. Some people told me that they brought the I-134 and they were ok with it.

I know I already asked that question, but I just want to make sure... should my fiance file both just in case or only I-134 (or only I-864!)?

Edited by Cecile and Bryan

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline

I-134 for the Embassy and I-864 is for the AOS

I went through the Embassy interview with the I-134 without a problem

BTW I arrived in the US on my K-1 today! :D

Timeline

Congratulations Caro!!!! you must be so happy :)

And on the checklist that the embassy sends in packet 3, did they specifically ask for the I-134 or I-864? If it is really the I-134, then could someone who went through the interview change the Paris embassy information?

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline

They ask for I-134, that's the one I've provided.

Stop worrying about this, it will be just fine :)

Timeline

OK thank you very much!

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.