Arsen S.

US Embassy in uzbekistan did not received K1 paperwork

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Hello everyone

So our K1 was approved and was sent to US Embassy in Uzbekistan on August 1. Today is August 29!. We have been waiting and waiting for a package 3 and then i decided to call them and find out whats going on. And the the girl on the pone told me that they still did not received the documents! how is this possible? i know that it is usually takes about 5 business days for a package to get there via DHL. Is it possible that it was lost on the way there? What should i do next? how to find our documents? Please help! i appreciate any advice. Thank you that you take time and read my post.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Hello - our approved petition took 3 weeks to arrive at the Tashkent embassy, and another 2 weeks to receive packet 3. It never hurts to call or email, but response is slow. my fiancé actually went to the embassy in person (from Samarkand), and received very little information. Unfortunately, interviews are taking a long time to schedule - our Noa2 was on June 25th. Her visa interview is scheduled for September 24th. I would not get too worried, but it is always wise to follow through. There is a way to go to the DHL site and track packages to Tashkent for their arrival - search this site for "DHL" and it helps - I was able to see that a package from NVC arrived in Tashkent July 19th - I assumed it was ours. I know the wait is horrible and long, but be persistent. Good luck in all.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Thanks ! Question... Where did you get a tracking number for your package? NVC didnt provide me with it. Should i call them and ask for it? And 3 weeks to get there for a package is crazy! Its supposed to be about 5 business days . I will be calling them soon again.

Filed: Other Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Thanks ! Question... Where did you get a tracking number for your package? NVC didnt provide me with it. Should i call them and ask for it? And 3 weeks to get there for a package is crazy! Its supposed to be about 5 business days . I will be calling them soon again.

You can call nvc to find out on what date they sent your case to tashkent. After finding out go to google and search for dhl tracking by reference number. Then you should type the following if lets say your case was sent out on july 20, 2013..

EXP 20 JUL 2013 A

Ship date range from jul 20,2013 until 5-7 days after .. The destination should be uzbekistan obviously... I hope my reply will help you. My case is also on the way to tashkent, i hope the embassy will receive it soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.