Nicole & Sean

Montreal Interview time

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband's interview is scheduled for 10:30 am on 9/23/13 in Montreal. I've read through most, if not all, of the Montreal Consulate reviews and I see that everyone tends to show up at the consulate before the doors open. Is it okay to show up at the consulate that early no matter what the "scheduled" interview time is on the interview letter received? Is it really a first come, first served basis?

Any insight into this would be helpful. I've only read 1 review for Montreal that they were turned away because they showed up too early.

Can anyone tell me if they showed up early even though their interview letter was for a later time that day and didn't have any problems?

1/24/2007 - Met for the first time in Dallas, TX

1/23/2009 - Met again in Montreal, Canada

7/23/2011 - Re-connected yet again (this time for good!)

10/27/2012 - Married

12/7/2012 - sent in I-130 package

12/10/2012 - Received NOA 1

4/29/2012 - Received NOA 2

5/6/2013 - NVC Received

5/22/13 - Sent OPT-In email

5/30/13 - DS-261 Choice of Agent submitted online

5/30/13 - Received & Paid I-864 AOS invoice online

6/7/13 - DS-261 received at NVC

6/9/13 - I-864 AOS package submitted electronically

6/10/13 - I-864 AOS invoice shows as paid

6/14/13 - Received & Paid DS-260 invoice online

6/14/13 - DS-260 package submitted electronically

6/20/13 - Email received that I-864 AOS is being reviewed

6/20/13 - DS-260 invoice showed as paid; completed & submitted DS-260 online

6/27/13 - Email received that CS-260 is being reviewed

7/1/13 - Received I-864 AOS Checklist

7/10/13 - Resubmitted new I-864 AOS form with revisions in response to checklist

7/26/13 - Email received that I-864 AOS checklist items is being reviewed

7/31/13 - NVC Case Complete

8/1/13 - Received email that case was completed

8/12/13 - Interview date received

8/15/13 - Case received at Montreal Consulate

9/11/13 - Medical Exam

9/23/13 - Interview Date - APPROVED!!!

9/27/13 - Visa Received

9/28/13 - POE - Buffalo/Niagra Falls

***Moved to Canada regional forum as question is regionally specific form IR1/CR1 progress reports***

Montreal is first come first serve. Show up around 7am.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

check out my review. I had my interview monday so it's very recent.

showing up early is fine. i showed up at 7:30. Sit by the elevator in the waiting room and when they open it go to the back of the elevator... it'll put you in the front of the line.

LOL there were at least 3 of us from VJ the day I had my interview. We were C1, C2, and C3. ;)

There was another day where 4 people from VJ had interviews the same day. Handy place this is ;) Everyone knew where to go LOL

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife's interview was a 10:30am time on the letter we showed up at 7am. We had been 3rd in line we had c2 they called her up to the first window did all her finger prints and took all the papers they wanted and gave us a yellow paper to come back at 1:30.They didn't have all there staff so any one that didn't have an early morning interview time was sent back out with this paper to come back for 1:30. There was about 30 of us i would say that got this that day

My wife's interview was a 10:30am time on the letter we showed up at 7am. We had been 3rd in line we had c2 they called her up to the first window did all her finger prints and took all the papers they wanted and gave us a yellow paper to come back at 1:30.They didn't have all there staff so any one that didn't have an early morning interview time was sent back out with this paper to come back for 1:30. There was about 30 of us i would say that got this that day

Well that is different! First time I've ever heard of that. I hope you wrote a review!

hey can you :time::D Thanks muchly! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.