H & J

NVC Administrative Processing

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hey everyone,

We're a February filer, NOA2 July 18th, sent to the National Visa Center on August 14th, case number received on August 19th.

We were hoping our case would be sent to the embassy in South Africa by now, but we called the NVC this morning and were told our application is still at the Visa Center under administrative processing. Is this standard procedure to receive administrative processing, any time frame of how long it will last, and will we be notified when our case is shipped to SA?

We contacted the embassy and were told there was no record of our case at all, and that we cannot schedule a medical or interview until everything is received at their office.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced the same lately..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hey everyone,

We're a February filer, NOA2 July 18th, sent to the National Visa Center on August 14th, case number received on August 19th.

We were hoping our case would be sent to the embassy in South Africa by now, but we called the NVC this morning and were told our application is still at the Visa Center under administrative processing. Is this standard procedure to receive administrative processing, any time frame of how long it will last, and will we be notified when our case is shipped to SA?

We contacted the embassy and were told there was no record of our case at all, and that we cannot schedule a medical or interview until everything is received at their office.

we have the same NOA2 date,we are also still at the NVC stage :(

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

AP, Administrative Processing or Additional Processing can occur at many phases of your visa journey. There is no time limit (hopefully short), little or no notifications, you just have to keep calling and (hopefully) eventually it will be cleared and shuffled off to the next bureaucratic step in the process.

Good luck.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Hey everyone,

Thanks smile.png

We ended up in AP at the NVC stage in April/May this year. It lasted for 2 weeks and then our case was sent to our embassy. It may have been a random check rather that anything else. Just keep phoning once a day until you are told that your case is due to leave NVC.

Timeline

Thank you all for your input-

I just checked our case status online again tonight, and it said "Your case is in transfer to the Consular Section." It looks like this means it's being sent to my fiance's country now?

That was quicker than I expected, such a relief!

Me&her, hope yours follows soon..

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

H&J: how long did your case stay at the NVC? Our case was sent to NVC on August 30, 2013.

Thank you all for your input-

I just checked our case status online again tonight, and it said "Your case is in transfer to the Consular Section." It looks like this means it's being sent to my fiance's country now?

That was quicker than I expected, such a relief!

Me&her, hope yours follows soon..

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?

Edited by Hoa Chuoi

Timeline

H&J: how long did your case stay at the NVC? Our case was sent to NVC on August 30, 2013.

It looks like it stayed there for about a week/a week and a half. It was sent to the NVC on August 14, we received a case number on the 19th, and was shipped on the 26th. I'm guessing the 19th is the day it was actually received at the NVC, so in that case it was a week.

Timeline

It looks like it stayed there for about a week/a week and a half. It was sent to the NVC on August 14, we received a case number on the 19th, and was shipped on the 26th. I'm guessing the 19th is the day it was actually received at the NVC, so in that case it was a week.

Thanks for your reply. We had to wait for 50 days, and now wait for more :( Hoping out of NVC soon

Timeline

Our timelines seem very similar, it took our case 4 weeks to be sent from Texas to the NVC but once we received a case number it was sent out just a week later. Hopefully yours is the same, it should be soon!

Thanks for your reply. We had to wait for 50 days, and now wait for more sad.png Hoping out of NVC soon

Timeline

Our timelines seem very similar, it took our case 4 weeks to be sent from Texas to the NVC but once we received a case number it was sent out just a week later. Hopefully yours is the same, it should be soon!

Our case was lost somewhere in TSC in 45 days, and we had to find phone numbers, emails to call, contact. So if anyone is same situation, call to TSC to push them, don't wait and see for their response.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.