ilovemypants

losing the will..... (just venting, AGAIN!) lol

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok, so I call the embassy.... they tell me they are just the non immigrant section and can't help me and say have to use the contact us email form on website.... so .........I use the contact us form on said website like I am advised and guess what?!?!?!.......

Dear Applicant,

We can only provide general information regarding how to use the appointment scheduling website and/or how to register for courier services.

The system will show an update to your status when the documents have been turned over by the consular section for delivery to you. We cannot provide case status updates or estimates as we are not consular officers and the adjudication of each applicant's application is at the sole discretion of the consular section.

We are not the Embassy or consulate.

We are only the non-immigrant visa appointment scheduling service for the US Mission to UK. You would need to address your question directly to the consular section you are seeking to make the decision.

Please note: We are not authorized to provide any contact information for the US Embassy or consulates beyond what is already on the Consulate Information page of our website.

Thank you,

The Contact Desk Support Team

So, in short.... when calling the number on their website for help they tell me to use email so i do, they then tell me they cant help me and not only that but they aren't allowed to tell me how they can help me... is it just me who is finding this incredibly frustrating when I have paid thousands of pounds for this service, I kind of expect to at least be able to contact someone ya know?! The only number we get any info from is the number to call america costing lots!.... and when my case is in london with all my documents here it just doesnt make sense to me that i have to call another country to find out whats going on with my case GRRRRRRRR

sorry.. rant over......

Timeline

ilovemypants - I am sorry that you're going through this. I couldn't get through to anyone either when I had problems getting my visa from DXS.

Could you ring up DOS, perhaps? It's really not acceptable is it? I agree with you - for what we're paying and who we are dealing with, things should be running a lot more smoothly. Good luck.

K1 Visa

NOA2 - 13.04.13

Packet 3 received - 07.05.13

Packet 3 sent - 26.06.13

Packet 3 logged on CEAC - 09.07.13

Medical - 05.07.13

Medical results received at embassy - 10.07.13

DS2001 received at embassy 12.07.13

Last status update on CEAC 10.07.13 - Ready

Packet 4 received - 07.08.13

Interview - 15.08.13 - Approved.

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed 16.11.13

USCIS received applications 18.11.13

Biometrics appointment 13.12.13

Waiting..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Which contact form (or option within) are you using?

When I did it, I got an email back from the Consular Information Unit and then from the Immigrant Visa Unit.

Edited by Laura C

K1 Timeline

02-22-2013: I-129F to VSC

02-28-2013: NOA1

06-10-2013: NOA2 (102 days)

08-16-2013: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2013: Visa in hand

09-14-2013: POE Houston

10-30-2013: Married!

AOS Timeline

12-10-2013: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

12-16-2013: NOA1 x 3

01-02-2014: Biometrics

02-24-2014: EAD/AP Approved

03-04-2014: Received EAD/AP

03-10-2014: Interview - Approved!

03-18-2014: Received GC

ROC Timeline

12-12-2015: I-751 to CSC

12-17-2015: NOA1

01-14-2016: Biometrics

05-19-2016: Approved!

N-400 Timeline

03-14-2017: N-400 to Texas Lockbox

03-22-2017: NOA1

04-11-2017: Biometrics

04-20-2017: In Line For Interview

07-02-2018: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2018: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Which contact form (or option within) are you using?

When I did it, I got an email back from the Consular Information Unit and then from the Immigrant Visa Unit.

I can't even remember now lol, I have sent so many emails from different places and called a million numbers and just get nowhere. I am just gonna leave it up to the other half to call DoS for us everyday.... just thought I could do something too you know, feels like i'm sitting here waiting for him to do it for me all the time like some princess!

ilovemypants - I am sorry that you're going through this. I couldn't get through to anyone either when I had problems getting my visa from DXS.

Could you ring up DOS, perhaps? It's really not acceptable is it? I agree with you - for what we're paying and who we are dealing with, things should be running a lot more smoothly. Good luck.

yup it sure does suck, not only me in this situation seems there is a group that is struggling. Yeah my man has been calling DoS everyday for accurate updates just was hoping for something more proactive I could doso I didn't have to sit here feeling useless. Really starting to consider whether or not I am going to make my wedding day :( It's all booked and invites sent for 14th sept, but with my ceac still stating 'ready' the earliest it is likely to receive the visa in hand is thursday and thats only if it is issued tuesday, sent to courier wednesday then out for delivery to me thursday.... which as we have all seen is highly unlikely to go so smoothly!!!

xXx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

(Disregard the IVU email, I just checked and that one was later. It was only the Consular Info Unit who replied to the contact form, but they did have access to my file.)

I don't blame you for wanting to try help. I'd be feeling so frustrated too if I were you. But I think you do still stand a fairly good chance of making Sept 14th, although the two holidays are bad timing. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

K1 Timeline

02-22-2013: I-129F to VSC

02-28-2013: NOA1

06-10-2013: NOA2 (102 days)

08-16-2013: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2013: Visa in hand

09-14-2013: POE Houston

10-30-2013: Married!

AOS Timeline

12-10-2013: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

12-16-2013: NOA1 x 3

01-02-2014: Biometrics

02-24-2014: EAD/AP Approved

03-04-2014: Received EAD/AP

03-10-2014: Interview - Approved!

03-18-2014: Received GC

ROC Timeline

12-12-2015: I-751 to CSC

12-17-2015: NOA1

01-14-2016: Biometrics

05-19-2016: Approved!

N-400 Timeline

03-14-2017: N-400 to Texas Lockbox

03-22-2017: NOA1

04-11-2017: Biometrics

04-20-2017: In Line For Interview

07-02-2018: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2018: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

(Disregard the IVU email, I just checked and that one was later. It was only the Consular Info Unit who replied to the contact form, but they did have access to my file.)

I don't blame you for wanting to try help. I'd be feeling so frustrated too if I were you. But I think you do still stand a fairly good chance of making Sept 14th, although the two holidays are bad timing. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

cheers chick, I am trying to stay positive haven't given up ALL hope just yet :) xxx

cheers chick, I am trying to stay positive haven't given up ALL hope just yet :) xxx

Have we already established there is no reason why you would be in the long security checking AP? It comes from the DS-157 usually and If you or your close family were born in or frequently visit India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Eritrea, Lebanon, Morocco, North Korea, Oman, Qatar, Somalia, Tunisia, the United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Jordan, Kuwait, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Sudan, or Syria or have Muslim ties then there may be AP in London. Or having certain scientific training or maybe munitions training or expertise perhaps from the military could require extra checks. Do you tick any of those boxes?

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Have we already established there is no reason why you would be in the long security checking AP? It comes from the DS-157 usually and If you or your close family were born in or frequently visit India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Eritrea, Lebanon, Morocco, North Korea, Oman, Qatar, Somalia, Tunisia, the United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Jordan, Kuwait, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Sudan, or Syria or have Muslim ties then there may be AP in London. Or having certain scientific training or maybe munitions training or expertise perhaps from the military could require extra checks. Do you tick any of those boxes?

Definately no reason for me to be in that long security checking AP. English born and bred, only place I have visited is USA and spain once when I was 17! None of my family have been there either as far as I know, I haven't had contact with any of my family for a few years but positive none of them have even been on holiday to any of those places. All this would be so much easier to cope with if they just told us what they were doing instead of "just wait and check the website!"....... another new week, lets hope for good news for us all :D

thanks nich <3

Ok, so I call the embassy.... they tell me they are just the non immigrant section and can't help me and say have to use the contact us email form on website.... so .........I use the contact us form on said website like I am advised and guess what?!?!?!.......

Dear Applicant,

We can only provide general information regarding how to use the appointment scheduling website and/or how to register for courier services.

The system will show an update to your status when the documents have been turned over by the consular section for delivery to you. We cannot provide case status updates or estimates as we are not consular officers and the adjudication of each applicant's application is at the sole discretion of the consular section.

We are not the Embassy or consulate.

We are only the non-immigrant visa appointment scheduling service for the US Mission to UK. You would need to address your question directly to the consular section you are seeking to make the decision.

Please note: We are not authorized to provide any contact information for the US Embassy or consulates beyond what is already on the Consulate Information page of our website.

Thank you,

The Contact Desk Support Team

So, in short.... when calling the number on their website for help they tell me to use email so i do, they then tell me they cant help me and not only that but they aren't allowed to tell me how they can help me... is it just me who is finding this incredibly frustrating when I have paid thousands of pounds for this service, I kind of expect to at least be able to contact someone ya know?! The only number we get any info from is the number to call america costing lots!.... and when my case is in london with all my documents here it just doesnt make sense to me that i have to call another country to find out whats going on with my case GRRRRRRRR

sorry.. rant over......

Have you used this email address: LondonInfoUnit@state.gov

I got that from a reply to the online query, and I sent an email to them today and received a response within a few hours, with the word URGENT in the subject line?

Good luck, I'm sorry this is so stressful for you!

01-12-2008 - Met at University in Scotland

01-09-2009 - Moved in together

10-10-2012 - Married in South Africa

05-02-2013 - I-130 Sent

08-02-2013 - I-130 NOA1 email

11-02-2013 - Online case status change - Initial Review

14-02-2013 - I-130 NOA1 hard copy I-797

14-05-2013 - I-130 APPROVED ONLINE!!

10-06-2013 - NVC received case

21-06-2013 - Case number

21-06-2013 - DS3032 emailed, Supervisor review 27-01-2013

27-06-2013 - AOS invoiced

27-06-2013 - AOS paid

29-06-2013 - AOS sent

01-07-2013 - DS3032 approved

02-07-2013 - IV invoiced

02-07-2013 - IV paid

03-07-2013 - IV sent

24-07-2013 - AOS approved

29-07-2013 - IV approved

26-07-2013 - Case complete

25/07/2013: Medical Test

08/08/2013: Package sent to embassy

12/08/2013: Package received by embassy(In the UK on 10/08/2013, but embassy not open Saturday)

10/09/2013: Interview Date

13/09/2013: Passport in hand

16/09/2013: Ticket to USA

mazapoint.com*wp-content*uploads*2011*03

Timeline

thanks jenny :D Will try that one now too lol.... i shall not give up! HAHA <3
.....Although, now 17 days till my wedding and no change on my ceac today at all :/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.