Tranquility23

Another step forward

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello all my lovely VJ'rs. So me and my fiance have finally made another small step forward toward being together. It has been a hassle. I was going to give you guys an update of what we have had to go thru so far to get to this point.

NOA2 recieved May 24th.... woo hoo.

Jamaican Embassy revieved our petition around beginning of July... so they say...

My fiance and I sent numerous emails starting the end of june trying to find out info about our petition since we had not recieved any information with no responce from embassy except that Packet 3 would be sent to my fiance and the grand old automated response saying that our email will have a response within 5 buisines days. (such bologna). By mid July we were getting desperate and scared. We were able to contact some lovely VJ members who gave us a direction to head in and great advice. We began getting the forms from packet 3 online, filled them out and sent the required ones back to the embassy via email compleated with a request to have packet 3 emailed to us as well as an interview date.

We called DOS who told us that packet 3 was send to us on June 29th but they have not recived our DS-230 form.

Finally we recieved an email from the embassy on August 5... that was BLANK..... but I got a name at the bottom so I sent a reply stating that I was very appreciative of the email however very confused as the body of the email was blank.

On August 9th I recived another email that stated have your fiance call this number... and make an appointment to come pick up packet 3. My fiance was more than willing to go to Kingston to pick up the packet... which was something we had requested a MONTH ago. He was actually excided to get this news... I was kinda pissed off. I felt like we were taking a huge leap backwards since we had filled everything out from packet 3 we only needed the forms for the medical. We called and got an appointment for August 19th at 1:30 to pick up packet 3.

August 19th fiance went to Kingston to pick up packet 3 and also hand dropped of forms required for packet 4.

August 23 called DOS and we now have an appointment set for Sept 24th.. ... thank the Lord. Still waiting for Packet 4 to come... going to email the embassy to see if they can email us the letter.

I hope this all isn't to confusing. I know our story is probably very unusual, maybe we did something wrong I dont know, but hopefully the next steps will go much faster. We need a blessing. We were really hoping for a late October wedding... at this point i'm not sure that's going to happen since it's taking everyone so long to get thier visa's. I'd like to say thank you to everyone on Visa Journey for your support and invaluable knowledge. We could not have gotten so far without you. MUCH LOVE!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good news, call and make your appointment for your medical, you do not have to have your interview letter in hand to make the appointment. Also, for your medical you need 4 pictures and your interview letter and the medical form completed.

dancin5hr.gif

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Be sure to have his immunizations with him when attending the medical or he will have to pay for additional shots which will be costly. So far I think many people have had to pay for at least two to three shots so you won't want to pay for any more than necessary. Packet 4 consist of the interview letter which can be emailed and printed off. As long as you have emailed form DS-230 I would suggest you take this time to gather your documents. Be sure to make three copies of everything as the embassy requires two copies of forms DS 156, 156k, 157, and the third copy you will keep for your records as you may need them when filing AOS. Good Luck :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.