Olldee

Is it a sign of approval or denial?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone, I had my interview this week and I answered most of the questions correctly. I had tons of prove of on going relationship with my fiancée with me but to my surprise, consular officer didn't ask me for any prove. At the end of the interview the consular said he cannot complete the processing that he want my fiancée and I to come back for a joint interview and he handed over a white form to me. We are very nervous and frustrated about the whole thing. What can we do? What is the outcome of joint interview might be? Is it possible for them to invite my fiancée to fly down to the Caribbean and still deny us? Guys we need your advice please!

Your flag says Nigeria, but you mention the Caribbean. What's the deal? What country are you interviewing in?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Is it a sign of approval or denial?

Neither, at the moment.

Which country will the interview be held in ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

Not sure if OP interviewed in Lagos or Caribbean but according to an alleged ConOff in Lagos, they are going to start asking for Petitioners to attend 2nd interviews when there is doubt. Perhaps they do that now but I got the feeling that we'll see more of this.

The alleged ConOff also stated that they may discuss opening the interview to Petitioners and Beneficiaries, especially if they have advance notice that Petitioner will be available in the country.

So OP, I think it's a good sign, as long as you have a legitimate relationship but I know its still a setback for you Guys.

Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Be prepared to answer very detailed questions about your relationship. This means that they could ask you two very personal and intimate questions. They might interview you each separately to help them determine whether they should or should not issue you the visa.

This means on your next visit be more relaxed and focused as you answer the questions. It is upon your answers that they will either issue or revoke you. But you need to attend as scheduled and be ready for the questions ahead.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am originally from Nigeria resided in the Caribbean. I attended my interview here in the Caribbean. I and my fiancée still can't get pass the shock. Can someone please tell us something that can be of help in our case? We don't have the either of what the joint interview will bring us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

you answered most of the question correctly????

did you answer some of them wrongly?

if you did answer some wrongly,then maybe thats where the problem was!

goodluck on your second interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Take the time you have to quiz one another about each other and your relationship. Make sure you're both on one accord. Examples are: How did you meet? Who proposed? Be able to write each others full first, middle, and last name. You both should even go over the questions you were asked at your last interview... Good Luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't think you have any choice other than to attend a joint interview with your fiancee in order to know the outcome.

Requesting to interview both you and your fiancee could stem from the fact that you are a Nigerian citizen but live in the Caribbean. The level of scrutiny at the embassies in the Caribbean is most likely lower than in MENA countries so they needed to take an extra precautionary step before approving the visa.

Timeline after visa approval

Immigrant fee paid on ELIS - Jan 24th

POE - Jan 25th

Update on GC and SSN

(as of March 14th, 2014)

ELIS status - Closed (Card produced)

USCIS case check with receipt number (starts with IOE) - Card delivered in the mail

SSN - Received (Went to SSA location to apply for one)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 Naturalization Process

N-400 package mailed in - Nov 7th

Payment posted on cc account - Nov 10th

NOA (hard copy) - Nov 14th

Biometrics - Dec 7th

In Line - Dec 27th

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Put in a "search" for "second K1 interview" at the top of the thread and read the replies. My fiancé was asked to bring more evidence of a bonafide relationship and I think they mean they want me to attend so I am doing just that and bringing more pictures, a timeline of the progression of our relationship, more facebook chats, letters to each other when we were teenagers, etc.

Don't worry so much. Everything will be fine. Good Luck and best wishes.dancin5hr.gif

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.