Jamaica10

Administrative Process

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just wanted to update you all on my case status. So when your case creation date changes on the CEAC website it is a good sign. Mine changed yesterday from April 29, 2013 to August 22, 2013 and today when I checked it the status update changed to today's date. I'm hoping to have good news in a week or so as it appears that my case is in its final stages at the embassy. It pays off to send emails although they don't respond. For now I'm keeping my fingers crossed for positive results.

I must say that I think us Jamaicans on VJ should be a little more supportive to one another. We're all here seeking help on our visa journey for our loved ones. I notice that a lot of threads are read often but receive very little to no comments at all. If you have knowledge about something please speak up. No question is a stupid question so everyone should feel comfortable asking about any and everything. Dealing with the embassy and the journey to getting our loved ones is stressful enough...both are a full time job. IF ANYONE NEEDS HELP ESPECIALLY WITH THE K1 VISA, PLEASE FREE TO SEND ME A MESSAGE AND I WILL DO MY BEST TO HELP TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY...

I guess we'll have to wait until Monday to see what the new week brings. Hopefully we'll see some results...goodnight

Timeline

I just wanted to update you all on my case status. So when your case creation date changes on the CEAC website it is a good sign. Mine changed yesterday from April 29, 2013 to August 22, 2013 and today when I checked it the status update changed to today's date. I'm hoping to have good news in a week or so as it appears that my case is in its final stages at the embassy. It pays off to send emails although they don't respond. For now I'm keeping my fingers crossed for positive results.

I must say that I think us Jamaicans on VJ should be a little more supportive to one another. We're all here seeking help on our visa journey for our loved ones. I notice that a lot of threads are read often but receive very little to no comments at all. If you have knowledge about something please speak up. No question is a stupid question so everyone should feel comfortable asking about any and everything. Dealing with the embassy and the journey to getting our loved ones is stressful enough...both are a full time job. IF ANYONE NEEDS HELP ESPECIALLY WITH THE K1 VISA, PLEASE FREE TO SEND ME A MESSAGE AND I WILL DO MY BEST TO HELP TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY...

I guess we'll have to wait until Monday to see what the new week brings. Hopefully we'll see some results...goodnight

I said we Jamaicans because we re all dealing with the Kingston Embassy... I notice a lot of people from other countries stick together and help each other with the knowledge they have obtained from their journey... I old just like to see us do the same... :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

A lot of people sympathize and empathize with you -- keep the faith. :thumbs:

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

Most never review, comes back & say so & so happens

maybe ,just maybe they may come back to say they got

the visa, while others don't come back until they R

in AP, don't get the card fast enough, or run into

other situations, all the other countries give info

support to their ppl....I find there are a few consistent

Jamaicans that delivers here especially Pinkriton...so

Amen to what U said sis.

There are plenty of active JA members with their timelines filled out so that should be a big help to anyone in this forum, If you don't have a timeline, you're of no help to anyone!

Timeline

I'm fairly new on the site and attempting to be as detailed as possible with each step I'm going through by completing my timeline and providing info in my signature. Thank you soo much Jamaica10 for keeping us up to date on your AP, I appreciate that because in two weeks I'll be in the same position.

The key is remembering to COME BACK and update our info, at least for each milestone and providing as much information about what steps you took during the wait between the milestones.

Question for Jamaica10: While in AP what activities did you do?I can gather that you emailed the embassy during your wait, how frequently and with what message? Thanks a million.

Jawaree: Yes, Pinkrlion has been crazy helpful!!!!! I've seen you post a lot on here with great advise, so Thank you as well. Please do help out by filling in your timeline or putting something into your signature explaining your journey. Thanks and God bless!

~~~ K-1 Process ~~~

NOA1: 1/29/13
Transferred to TSC; 6/21/13
NOA2: 7/6/13 (per Tier2-IO, no letter or email yet)
Received email confirming NOA2: 7/25/13
Sent to NVC: 7/26/13
Received by NVC: 7/29/13
Sent to Consulate: 7/30/2013
Case Number Received: 8/1/13
Packet 3: Never Received
Packet 4: 8/5/13
Interview: 9/5/13 *Approved
CEAC Status 9/6/13: Visa Status changed from 'IV Ready' to 'NIV Ready'
CEAC Status 9/10/13: Visa Status changed to Administrative Processing
CEAC Status 9/12/13: Visa Status changed to Issued
VISA in Hand!!!: 9/17/13
POE: 9/26/13

~~~ AOS ~~~

Sent in AOS with EAD/AP applications: 1/26/14

NOA1 for EAD/AP: 2/5/14

NOA1 for AOS: 2/7/14

Walked in for 3/6 Biometrics appointment: 2/27/14

EAD/AP combo Card Approved: 4/8/14

EAD/AP combo Card Received: 4/16/14??

Interview: ??

2 Year GC Approved: ??

2 Year GC Received: ??

"RESEARCH/READ MORE, post Less."

Timeline

There are plenty of active JA members with their timelines filled out so that should be a big help to anyone in this forum, If you don't have a timeline, you're of no help to anyone!

I'm not just talking about filling out timelines. I''m talking about answering questions when others ask. A Lot of times only one or two people will respond if any at all. I use to be very active on here, but when I asked questions I received barely any advice so I took a break. Now that I have a little knowledge I try to help others and keep VJ updated

My case was updated yesterday too, so I am praying that we will get some positive news in the coming week.

I hope so too because its been a long time coming

Timeline

I'm fairly new on the site and attempting to be as detailed as possible with each step I'm going through by completing my timeline and providing info in my signature. Thank you soo much Jamaica10 for keeping us up to date on your AP, I appreciate that because in two weeks I'll be in the same position.

The key is remembering to COME BACK and update our info, at least for each milestone and providing as much information about what steps you took during the wait between the milestones.

Question for Jamaica10: While in AP what activities did you do?I can gather that you emailed the embassy during your wait, how frequently and with what message? Thanks a million.

Jawaree: Yes, Pinkrlion has been crazy helpful!!!!! I've seen you post a lot on here with great advise, so Thank you as well. Please do help out by filling in your timeline or putting something into your signature explaining your journey. Thanks and God bless!

I must say apart from emailing the embassy, I called DOS every day... I don't recommend that. The best thing to do is to keep yourself busy. It's good to check on your petition but don't think about it too much because it will consume a lot of your time and drive you crazy. I have been in AP for a long time and I think about it 24/7. I recently tried taking my mind off of it.

Timeline

I must say apart from emailing the embassy, I called DOS every day... I don't recommend that. The best thing to do is to keep yourself busy. It's good to check on your petition but don't think about it too much because it will consume a lot of your time and drive you crazy. I have been in AP for a long time and I think about it 24/7. I recently tried taking my mind off of it.

Thanks for the advice! Praying that you have your visa in hand by the end of next week.

~~~ K-1 Process ~~~

~~~ AOS ~~~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agree with you Jamaica10...we all need to offer whatever helpful info we have while going through the process. While I have no knowledge of the K1 process I can offer info on the CR1 process and reaffirmed cases since I am still waiting.

Filed: Timeline

So I guess the ppl with no timeline but knowledge to help others

should not post huh....oh well I like to offer what I know and in

cases where I have no knowledge a positive word is all I can offer

Jamaica10 thank U and good luck....I think those who read realize

I live in Jamaica & most of my info is from that end...hope I had help some

ppl in the past & do believed I helped some with questions Re Jamaica

part of the journey when they get here

peace out peeps

Edited by Jawaree

Timeline

So I guess the ppl with no timeline but knowledge to help others

should not post huh....oh well I like to offer what I know and in

cases where I have no knowledge a positive word is all I can offer

Jamaica10 thank U and good luck....I think those who read realize

I live in Jamaica & most of my info is from that end...hope I had help some

ppl in the past & do believed I helped some with questions Re Jamaica

part of the journey when they get here

peace out peeps

Jawaree, I'd take and appreciate any information you have on the K1, AOS, etc. Journey that you are willing to impart, whether you gave a timeline or not. Don't take offense, the timeline helps but definitely not a prerequisite to provide assistance. Take care and if I have a question I might private message you directly. God bless.

~~~ K-1 Process ~~~

~~~ AOS ~~~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Thanks for your advise been living it thru,Hopefully you have a good update this coming week

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.