Q&R

Visa is delayed, requesting additional documents

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

So after applying OVER A YEAR ago, and then waiting for the interview day to come, it finally came. But of course, our day of glory to pass the interview and get my fiance to the united states is stil not here and we have to wait even longer now.

The embassy requested additional documents

Since I have a co-sponsor who is married, they said his wife needs to fill out the i-864a form. And also write a letter saying that she will agree to co-sponsor with her husband for my fiancee.

In no where during my countless hours of research on this site, on gov sites, by talking to a lawyer, and by word of mouth, did I ever know I would need these things.

So does anyone have any clue how long this could take (assuming I will be getting her the documents ASAP and I would guess the embassy will get them in less than two weeks)?????

Who has been delayed before and how long did you wait??!!

THANKS!!

i LOVE america

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i've seen this before, your exact situation, here at VJ.

Sorry you got bitten...

Turn-around time? Maybe 5 weeks once she does CITIC bank drop-off.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

i've seen this before, your exact situation, here at VJ.

Sorry you got bitten...

Turn-around time? Maybe 5 weeks once she does CITIC bank drop-off.

Thanks. I don't understand why it would have to be even that long. Unbelievable

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Blech - there are queues. That's the only reason it takes that long.

Even with that said, you might (she might) get lucky, the queue that day, after it hits GUZ IV, might be smaller..

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Well, only thing I can do now is just move as fast as possible and pray.

I think I will also contact my congressman and tell him the situation.

Its just no fair, people on here have met AFTER I applied for the visa, and they are already approved.

Thank you immigration. You know how to brighten up my day

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We are hoping for a speedy end and a safe journey for you both.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Hopefully to send you a little positive hope, we had a very similar situation almost exact. The only difference was we were dealing with I-134 instead. We sent it off and it seemed like only a few days after they received the paper work we got an approval notice email. I would say don't fret man, a lot of people say to prepare for the worst...and that's true, but the other half of that saying is hope for the best. So good luck!

Timeline

Well, only thing I can do now is just move as fast as possible and pray.

I think I will also contact my congressman and tell him the situation.

Its just no fair, people on here have met AFTER I applied for the visa, and they are already approved.

Thank you immigration. You know how to brighten up my day

I remember seeing a bunch of you July, August and September people still waiting on NOA2 when we were going through the CSC Hell. Have to thank Obama and his DACA visas for that delay. We were Oct. and I thought we were waiting a long time but you have us beat by a bunch. Hope you get your visa soon!

ucxi92z6o.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.