jkedhd

phone call with tier 2 after waiting for 7 months

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hello everybody

my fiance called a tier 2 yesterday and he advised her the following

processing time for I130 takes 5 - 8 months and we should hear something by September as we filed our petition in Jan 14 and advised that our file will stay at NBC where they will make the decision about our petition.

how sure should we believe this information ?

does anyone have similar feedback from Tier 2 ?

please help with any possible info regarding my matter.

thank you in advance

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've read that the information you get from tier 2 varies sometimes.

Normally people would try a few times with tier 2 to really get a confirmation on the info.

I would suggest try to speak to a tier 2 again in a few days and see if you get different info.

But since your case has passed the 6-month period, your spouse can also give the Senator's office a call and speak to the immigration liaison. They might be able to contact USCIS and find out the current status of your case.

Assuming your spouse live in New Jersey (based on your profile), here's the link to Senator Menendez website --> http://www.menendez.senate.gov

You can find the contact number at the bottom of the page.

Timeline after visa approval

Immigrant fee paid on ELIS - Jan 24th

POE - Jan 25th

Update on GC and SSN

(as of March 14th, 2014)

ELIS status - Closed (Card produced)

USCIS case check with receipt number (starts with IOE) - Card delivered in the mail

SSN - Received (Went to SSA location to apply for one)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 Naturalization Process

N-400 package mailed in - Nov 7th

Payment posted on cc account - Nov 10th

NOA (hard copy) - Nov 14th

Biometrics - Dec 7th

In Line - Dec 27th

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hello everybody

processing time for I130 takes 5 - 8 months and we should hear something by September as we filed our petition in Jan 14 and advised that our file will stay at NBC where they will make the decision about our petition.

thank you in advance

Just wanted to make sure you filed the right thing. You are married right and you filed a I-130?

Because you said your fiance called so just wanted to make sure.

For your petition to still be at NBC hmmmm it should be at your local office. Why not make an infopass appointment at your local office.

But again you did file a I-130 right? For wife not fiance?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Just wanted to make sure you filed the right thing. You are married right and you filed a I-130?

Because you said your fiance called so just wanted to make sure.

For your petition to still be at NBC hmmmm it should be at your local office. Why not make an infopass appointment at your local office.

But again you did file a I-130 right? For wife not fiance?

yes i filed i130 for wife

the tier2 confirmed that since we filed our i130 via Chicago lockbox while my wife was by me in jordan.

our file will stay there until they make decision.

as far as i know there is no use to make an info-pass if your file is at NBC as its been confirmed that our file never left NBC

any more information's and suggestions are highly appreciated

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

hello everybody

thank you in advance

I got told the same thing by a TIer 2, that my file will remain at NBC for processing. I filed with the lockbox while living in Japan. The rep also told me that my case should be decided around the end of August to mid Sept...I filed in April. But I do plan on calling back next week to see what kind of answer I get then and see if the info matches up.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

just like ours my husband called last week and the tler2 told that on july 22 our papers was assigned to an agent and it will take 30days to approve it and he said by august 22 we will receive an email, will just hoping its true, we filed on december we are waiting for almost 8months now

Timeline

Hi everyone! Well my husband called Tier 2 numerous times. They knew nothing. On one call the man said "looks like your petition is ok, don't worry"! He made an INFOPASS appt which he attended on Thursday...Questions..Has our petition been sent to the local office (in our case Las Vegas)? answer...I don't know! Would it be worth our while to file a K3? Are you still processing them? answer...I don't know! What is the processing time at this office?..answer..I don't know! What months are you processing now? answer...I don't know! Unbelievable eh? My husband was kinda miffed because he had wasted half of his day off to attend it.

We are sad as we changed from K1 in April, (we had filed K1 in Feb)(married in April) as K1's at CSC were so slow then. Now NBC is at a crawl. Why isn't there any consistency in the answers.? My timeline seems to change daily for an adjudication date...I imagine many vjers get busy and don't update! My g-d the airfares back and forth are adding up...oh the cost of love! lol. Well on the bright side it shows seeing each other. The key in my mind is how to pace ourselves and keep our spirits up.

Looks to me on Igor's list that their hasn't been a Canadian approval for months!! Why are K1's approved quicker? Its like they want to get rid of them and let the local offices worry about the changes in status etc. I thought the security issue paramount! Why isn't a proven bonafide relationship take precident? Oh well...thanks everyone

Apr 11/13...married in Las Vegas
Apr 18/13...filed 1-130
Apr 22/13...received notification Noa1

Nov 26/13...218 days transferred from NBC to CSC

Dec 30/13..Notification of approval NOA2

Jan 9/14....Received by NVC

Feb 10/14...Obtained Case#, IIN,BIN#'s

Feb 10/14...sent OPTIN email..received

Feb 15/14...Confirmation for DS261

Feb 20/14...AOS shows PAID

Feb 20/14...Received Document Cover sheet (bar coded)

Feb 28/14.. received OPTIN approval

Feb 28/14...emailed OAS package

Mar 4/14 paid IV Bill

Mar 6/14 submitted DS260

Apr 14/14 Case Complete NVC

Apr 17/14 Received instructions for appt

Apr 21/14 Case sent electronically to Montreal.

May 30/14 appt in Montreal

May 30/14 APPROVED!!! YIPPEE

June 4/14 Passport with Visa in Hand! (quick eh)
Aug 20/14 POE Detroit Bridge

Aug 26/14 received SSN (card)

May 23/16 Filed 1-751 (California)

Nov 26/16 751 Approved 10 yr card on way.

N400

Dec 27/17   Mailed application

Dec 29/18   Priority Date

Jan 4/18     NOA..Fee pd

Jan 24/18   Biometrics

Feb 9/19    N400 Interview in Las Vegas- Approved!!

Mar 8/19   Oath Ceremony

Mar 8/19   I'm a citizen!!

just like ours my husband called last week and the tler2 told that on july 22 our papers was assigned to an agent and it will take 30days to approve it and he said by august 22 we will receive an email, will just hoping its true, we filed on december we are waiting for almost 8months now

i feel your pain, the reality side of this is unknown all you have to do is to take the process off your head and give it the time it needs because it seems like there is nothing we can do but wait.

hello everybody

thank you in advance

Dont believe them , i have talked with 2 different tier 2s and it seems like they are just rushing in telling you so they can go on with the next person, the first one told me i was approve and wait for my approve letter and than later 2 weeks call again and this one was so rude and told me a different thing that i was not approve :S i think they are called tier 2 because they have been working there for longer than the tier one ...( That's my thought)

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Hi everyone! Well my husband called Tier 2 numerous times. They knew nothing. On one call the man said "looks like your petition is ok, don't worry"! He made an INFOPASS appt which he attended on Thursday...Questions..Has our petition been sent to the local office (in our case Las Vegas)? answer...I don't know! Would it be worth our while to file a K3? Are you still processing them? answer...I don't know! What is the processing time at this office?..answer..I don't know! What months are you processing now? answer...I don't know! Unbelievable eh? My husband was kinda miffed because he had wasted half of his day off to attend it.

We are sad as we changed from K1 in April, (we had filed K1 in Feb)(married in April) as K1's at CSC were so slow then. Now NBC is at a crawl. Why isn't there any consistency in the answers.? My timeline seems to change daily for an adjudication date...I imagine many vjers get busy and don't update! My g-d the airfares back and forth are adding up...oh the cost of love! lol. Well on the bright side it shows seeing each other. The key in my mind is how to pace ourselves and keep our spirits up.

Looks to me on Igor's list that their hasn't been a Canadian approval for months!! Why are K1's approved quicker? Its like they want to get rid of them and let the local offices worry about the changes in status etc. I thought the security issue paramount! Why isn't a proven bonafide relationship take precident? Oh well...thanks everyone

well tier2 said it clear that all we have to do and the only option we have is to wait,the time line change and igors list is just an estimate.

there is alot of people who does not know the existence of visa journey so all you really get on your time line and here and there is just an estimates.

keep your hopes up and be patient as good things will happen in the right time.

i was with my lady for 15 months and we had to get separate for the mean time but we have good hope that things will come out right soon.

we were told that things looking good if we had any problems with our file we woudv known by now.

so its just the matter of time before they start working on Jan fillers and finish them as we're on the bottom of the list and we need to be cleared out in order for them to show accomplishments.

have faith enjoy your time. don't come to VJ everyday because seeing people getting approved and your not will bring you down fast.

There weren't any Canadians on the board with interviews in August for IR1/CR1. We don't know why. But there were plenty of them in July with approvals.

Infopass won't tell you anything unless the case file is there. At that point you also have to push to see the I-130 unit supervisor. (see posts and profile of username Darnell for his information on infopass... he doesn't do PMs btw)

It looks like LV had a huge number of cases come in during the spring but they've been really consistent with their work load getting them out. http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=4&office=87&charttype=1 Hopefully it will speed up for you in the fall, if not right in the new year it should. Fall sometimes is hard because the US govt has their fiscal year end in Oct or Nov... then it's holiday season. :(

They were working so fast... I'm sorry this has taken you longer than it would've otherwise. :(

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Dont believe them , i have talked with 2 different tier 2s and it seems like they are just rushing in telling you so they can go on with the next person, the first one told me i was approve and wait for my approve letter and than later 2 weeks call again and this one was so rude and told me a different thing that i was not approve :S i think they are called tier 2 because they have been working there for longer than the tier one ...( That's my thought)

hahaha that was funny one bro.

well just pray and wait and have faith and good things will come out on the right time. and once you get approved you wont even remember these bad days Inshallah.

Timeline

There weren't any Canadians on the board with interviews in August for IR1/CR1. We don't know why. But there were plenty of them in July with approvals.

Infopass won't tell you anything unless the case file is there. At that point you also have to push to see the I-130 unit supervisor. (see posts and profile of username Darnell for his information on infopass... he doesn't do PMs btw)

It looks like LV had a huge number of cases come in during the spring but they've been really consistent with their work load getting them out. http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=4&office=87&charttype=1 Hopefully it will speed up for you in the fall, if not right in the new year it should. Fall sometimes is hard because the US govt has their fiscal year end in Oct or Nov... then it's holiday season. sad.png

They were working so fast... I'm sorry this has taken you longer than it would've otherwise. sad.png

Do you believe as Canadians we are dealt with differently?

Apr 11/13...married in Las Vegas
Apr 18/13...filed 1-130
Apr 22/13...received notification Noa1

Nov 26/13...218 days transferred from NBC to CSC

Dec 30/13..Notification of approval NOA2

Jan 9/14....Received by NVC

Feb 10/14...Obtained Case#, IIN,BIN#'s

Feb 10/14...sent OPTIN email..received

Feb 15/14...Confirmation for DS261

Feb 20/14...AOS shows PAID

Feb 20/14...Received Document Cover sheet (bar coded)

Feb 28/14.. received OPTIN approval

Feb 28/14...emailed OAS package

Mar 4/14 paid IV Bill

Mar 6/14 submitted DS260

Apr 14/14 Case Complete NVC

Apr 17/14 Received instructions for appt

Apr 21/14 Case sent electronically to Montreal.

May 30/14 appt in Montreal

May 30/14 APPROVED!!! YIPPEE

June 4/14 Passport with Visa in Hand! (quick eh)
Aug 20/14 POE Detroit Bridge

Aug 26/14 received SSN (card)

May 23/16 Filed 1-751 (California)

Nov 26/16 751 Approved 10 yr card on way.

N400

Dec 27/17   Mailed application

Dec 29/18   Priority Date

Jan 4/18     NOA..Fee pd

Jan 24/18   Biometrics

Feb 9/19    N400 Interview in Las Vegas- Approved!!

Mar 8/19   Oath Ceremony

Mar 8/19   I'm a citizen!!

Timeline

It looks like LV had a huge number of cases come in during the spring but they've been really consistent with their work load getting them out. http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=4&office=87&charttype=1 Hopefully it will speed up for you in the fall, if not right in the new year it should. Fall sometimes is hard because the US govt has their fiscal year end in Oct or Nov... then it's holiday season. sad.png

They were working so fast... I'm sorry this has taken you longer than it would've otherwise. sad.png

Do you think that the budget sequestration that went into effect earlier this year could have affected the USCIS causing the slowing down starting around March - April? I have family members who work for the federal government (different branches) and most of them were furloughed.

Let's hope that the Administration and the Congress will do their job and avoid the dreaded "government shutdown" come Oct.

Timeline after visa approval

Immigrant fee paid on ELIS - Jan 24th

POE - Jan 25th

Update on GC and SSN

(as of March 14th, 2014)

ELIS status - Closed (Card produced)

USCIS case check with receipt number (starts with IOE) - Card delivered in the mail

SSN - Received (Went to SSA location to apply for one)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 Naturalization Process

N-400 package mailed in - Nov 7th

Payment posted on cc account - Nov 10th

NOA (hard copy) - Nov 14th

Biometrics - Dec 7th

In Line - Dec 27th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.