JAYANN & JAY

BANK STATEMENT

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Those who make above the poverty guideline when you provided your supporting docs for the affidavit of support did the CO ask for a bank statement even if you are over the poverty guideline? If I am making 35-40k a year will they ask my fiance for my bank statements?

JAYANN & JAY

K1 VISA PROCESS

03.05.13: I-129F Sent
03.12.13: I-129F NOA1 (Vermont Service Center)
07.12.13: I-129F NOA2 (Petition approved)

08.27.13: Interview - APPROVED

09.23.13: POE to JFK

10.08.13: WEDDING DAY

AOS PROCESS

11.02.13: AOS/AP/EAD Sent

11.08.13: NOA1

12.11.13:Biometrics

01.06.14: EAD/AP combo card received

02.07.14: Received an interview waiver letter

04.18.14: Green Card received

ROC PROCESS

03.08.16: ROC Sent

03.12.16: NOA1

04.04.16:Biometrics

No need for bank statements. Just the tax return for 2012 and paystubs for this year, along with an employment letter stating your salary is permanent.

Bank statements are only needed if using assets, which are only needed if below the poverty guidelines.

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Those who make above the poverty guideline when you provided your supporting docs for the affidavit of support did the CO ask for a bank statement even if you are over the poverty guideline? If I am making 35-40k a year will they ask my fiance for my bank statements?

No need for bank statement or listing other assets if you income meets or exceeds the I-864P Poverty Guidelines

No need for bank statements. Just the tax return for 2012 and paystubs for this year, along with an employment letter stating your salary is permanent.

Bank statements are only needed if using assets, which are only needed if below the poverty guidelines.

Employment letter is a MAY include item, not required. So you may include it if you want, but the embassy does not require it.

The copy of the W-2 that is with the copy of the tax return shows the company information ;)

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

No need for bank statement or listing other assets if you income meets or exceeds the I-864P Poverty Guidelines

Employment letter is a MAY include item, not required. So you may include it if you want, but the embassy does not require it.

The copy of the W-2 that is with the copy of the tax return shows the company information ;)

Never said it was required lol. I think you're overstressing this point, so I just wanted to be clear on that. It certianly is an advisable item though, which is why I suggest it in my posts.

If you read the wording in the embassy instructions letter, NONE of these things are required, even the I-134 itself. It just states that you need to present evidence of support. All these things are suggestions of ways to provide this evidence. What I have stated in here and in other threads is simply best practice in this regard - advice that many have suggested and followed on here. If you provide the I-134 and tax returns/transcripts, a letter, and paystub, this is solid irrefutable evidence of this support, and you will experience little problems in this regard.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

Never said it was required lol. I think you're overstressing this point, so I just wanted to be clear on that. It certianly is an advisable item though, which is why I suggest it in my posts.

Not overstressing, just not crazy about bad info being pushed as it further clouds the process when not necessary.

Read your post, you list it right along with the tax return and pay stubs (which aren't required either).

but missed the W-2 which is required.

As for the I-134, its listed in the embassy instructions letter along with a link.... and well known that the CO will be asking for it. Whereas 3 years of tax returns will not be asked for, just the most recent year.

The employment letter will not be asked for but if you hand it to them they will most likely take it, even though the W-2 shows the same company information.

Just the tax return for 2012 and paystubs for this year, along with an employment letter stating your salary is permanent

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Not overstressing, just not crazy about bad info being pushed as it further clouds the process when not necessary.

Read your post, you list it right along with the tax return and pay stubs (which aren't required either).

but missed the W-2 which is required.

The W-2 and the I-134 isn't required either. See my edit.

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: Timeline

Is it a strong statement?

If so it can not hurt if you choose to have it available. It's better to be prepared just in case.

Good luck.

Timeline

The W-2 and the I-134 isn't required either. See my edit.

Yes the W-2 is listed as required.

I am not going to play words game about SHOULD.

Reality is you don't have to do anything in the embassy instructions letter... of course with sad results.

But there are things that SHOULD be included as listed by the embassy and things that really don't matter and if not included will not result in a denial.

And there are things that aren't listed anywhere that some keep insisting on perpetuating as needed.... like 3 years of tax returns for the interview and AOS.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Is it a strong statement?

If so it can not hurt if you choose to have it available. It's better to be prepared just in case.

Good luck.

There is being prepared and there is being paranoid ...

If income meets or exceeds the I-864P poverty guidelines, other assets are not needed.

After that it drifts towards paranoia.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Timeline

There is being prepared and there is being paranoid ...

If income meets or exceeds the I-864P poverty guidelines, other assets are not needed.

After that it drifts towards paranoia.

But having it available is not paranoia, at least in my opinion, but it qualifies as being prepared.

OP is free to research embassy reviews and make up his mind.

Timeline

But having it available is not paranoia, at least in my opinion, but it qualifies as being prepared.

OP is free to research embassy reviews and make up his mind.

Yes he is.

And he will find for the Manila embassy bank statements are not needed at all if the income is adequate per the I-864P.

Under "being prepared" you might as well add the title to your truck, the deed to your house and inventory of household items.... paranoia.

Never DO-DO when DO will DO.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

THANKS EVERYONE :) I make twice the amount for the poverty guideline but only have maybe like 3-4k in my savings since I suck at saving but because he listens more to his aunt that I have to have at leat 20k in my bank acct in order to qualify to petition he is worried that he might have a problem. I told him to relax because his aunt was petitioned like 8years ago and to listen to me because I am asking people for advised who just went through this petition recently. He has the bank account but I told him if they don't ask for it don't give it to them.

JAYANN & JAY

K1 VISA PROCESS

AOS PROCESS

ROC PROCESS

Timeline

Yes he is.

And he will find for the Manila embassy bank statements are not needed at all if the income is adequate per the I-864P.

Under "being prepared" you might as well add the title to your truck, the deed to your house and inventory of household items.... paranoia.

Never DO-DO when DO will DO.

Its ok for him to bring like a small backpack to the embassy right? He wants to bring a small backpack just to put the binder and folder he will be bringing for the interview. i had to remind him not to take any electronics.

JAYANN & JAY

K1 VISA PROCESS

AOS PROCESS

ROC PROCESS

Yes the W-2 is listed as required.

I am not going to play words game about SHOULD.

Reality is you don't have to do anything in the embassy instructions letter... of course with sad results.

But there are things that SHOULD be included as listed by the embassy and things that really don't matter and if not included will not result in a denial.

And there are things that aren't listed anywhere that some keep insisting on perpetuating as needed.... like 3 years of tax returns for the interview and AOS.

The words "required" and "must" are used throughout the Manila embassy letter. The words "should" and "may" are used only in some instances, so I interpret these as things that are not required. The employment letter is one of these, as is the tax returns/W-2s and I-134. They are not required, but suggested.

The way I read it is as such:

Required by the Embassy in their instructions letter ("must"):

Evidence of support.

Suggested by the Embassy in their instructions letter as forms of this evidence ("should" and "may"):

I-134

Tax returns and W-2s

Letter from employer

Bank statements

Suggested and practiced by many VJ readers as forms of this evidence, with good results:

I-134

Tax returns and W-2s OR tax returns

Letter from employer

Pay stubs

And, for future reference to avoid any recurrance of this exchange, when I suggest any of that latter list, I am not saying any of it is required, per the above.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

I hope this will help.. hehe.. this paper was given to me at the ticketing booth along with our lucky number during our interview..

Along with the I-134, you would need to provide the ITR(1040) 2012 and W2 - 2012.. that's it.. the rest, you set it aside unless the Filipino officer will ask for it.. it's also good to be prepared but these are the docs USEM wants to look at first..

Prepare all these docs and hand it to the Filipino officer..

2733705_orig_zpsf037b163.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.