Tebessa1111

13 months undergoing AP in Algiers, refused on August 1st, 2013 16 days later still showing AP @ceac.state.gov website & 4 updates this month, WHAT?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

So confused. This is totally insane! UGH!!ranting33va.gif

Our K-1 was refused after 13 months 8 days undergoing AP in Algiers. On August 1st, we received an email from the embassy stating that we were denied, no explanations whatsoever! Contacted my State senators office. After 3 inquiries allowing the embassy to provide a response within 30 days each time, NO REPLY, they are FURIOUS!. How unprofessional is that? Uh huh that's what they said! . Proceeded to contact DOS, ( 3rd time today this month) they keep on arguing with me that my case is still pending AP ( HA-HA). No notes from the embassy as far as a refusal goes! WOW, confusing right?. DOS highly advice that I make contact with DOS Director and file a complaint (already did that 4 months ago) .Tried calling Mr. Director, message left. No calls back as of yet. How frustrating.....

Meanwhile, I am trying to stay focused on my upcoming trip to Algeria, so we can finally get married, begin our second journey and blah, blah, blah......yes.gif

Anybody with similar situation? Any suggestions? Any advice? helpsmilie.gif . Would it be advisable to continued to Digg-in to this K-1 mess?. We are so curious to find out what happened with our K-1 @ the Embassy?. We honestly have exhausted all of our resources.

Thanks guys!

Diana

First of all sorry to hear this, but never stop , u may go there n get marry, i think this is only option u have left with, but wait till u get anything as an evidence in written from embassy where ur fiance appeared for an interview....

Prays are with you...

event.png

event.png

192230.gif

Timeline

Mufmer...

Thanks! YEAH-we have been waiting for a response from the embassy. No luck yet! Trust me, one thing we will never give up is our faith and hopes. We believe in our love and there isn't anyone or anything that can't stop us from being together. So we will do whatever it takes, here in the US, Algeria or somewhere else! smile.png . We are so ready for round #2...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

UGH!!!! I am so sorry this is happening to you! I had my US congressman contact the embassy and they did respond, took them 3 weeks, but none the less they responded. So they have given you absolutely no reason for the "denial"? Do you have anything strange about your case? I guess if it were me and there was even a slim chance of making the k1 work I would keep fighting, starting over means more time away. Can the embassy deny? I was under the impression they could only give an opinion, but I could be wrong...I'm still learning about this whole agonizing process. Whatever you decide, good luck!

Timeline

cclr...

No, nothing "STRANGE" whatsoever about my case. We believe our case was forgotten in a pile of S*#^@ a on someone's desk!. So who knows they are now trying to come up with an answer. The reason they can't even reply to my State senator's office. If you ask me, I think this is a sack of #######!!.No reply either about why we were "refused". And to answer your question, No, the embassy can NOT deny a visa, although the email I received clearly read "denied". I have emailed the embassy numerous time after the refusal, no answer beside" we will forward your email to the appropriate person" . Whatever that means! UGH!! What the heck!.

We are moving forward with our new plans even if it means wait another year!

Thanks,

Diana

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Diana did they keep your fiance's passport? If you were refused the visa the embassy would have sent that back right away. If DOS is saying you are still in AP I would slow things down until you know for sure you are not still in AP. Mistakes happen and the email you got from the embassy might have been a mistake.

When our case was sent back to USCIS I was told over the phone by the embassy. That day I called DOS and they said yes your case has been sent back. A few days later the embassy returned my husband's passport.

I believe DOS and think you are still in AP.

Timeline

Carolyn....

No, they did not keep his passport. You are right about trying to slow things down. I have and still am. The embassy has a new website now with many more options. I emailed them today and should get an answer in the next 1 to 2 days. Crossing my fingers that the emailed I received 16 days ago was nothing but a huge mistake, and that we are still in AP pending a decision. This will be truly a miracle!

Hey, I will give you a call tomorrow. Have a blessed night and thanks my friend!

Hugs,

Diana

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.