jasal

What does your N0A2 say?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I was approved by email on 27 November 2006. A week later I got the hard copy N0A2 in the mail. My N0A2 says, "The above petition has been approved and forwarded to the listed consulate. Please contact the consulate with any questions about the visa issuance or if you would like them to forward the petition to a different consulate." My fiancee's name is listed at the top right of the N0A2 under Beneficary. Just above her name is listed an "A" number. At the top left of my N0A2 is our original WAC number. Has anyone else gotten an N0A2 like this or do all of your N0A2's say they were sent to the NVC? I thought that the NVC assigned the "A" number? But I got my N0A2 directly from CSC and it already has an "A" number assigned to it. Does this mean that my petition has gone directly to the consulate and bypassed the NVC? Thanks for any responses... because based on what I've read here on VJ, it seems most petitions leave CSC and go to the NVC, right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It probably was sent to the NVC, I know that ours was, NVC needs to assign a DOS case number, in your case the number will be GUZ______ You will need that number to get any information out of the consulate.

Give it 2 weeks or so and then call NVC to follow up on your case.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_1309.html

The A# is assigned by USCIS and is just your beneficiary's alien registration number, you will use that number on future USCIS forms like the I485 G-352A ect, for Adjustment of status,

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Has anyone else gotten an N0A2 like this or do all of your N0A2's say they were sent to the NVC?

Mine says it was sent to the NVC.

"The above petition has been approved. We have sent the original visa petition to the Department of State National Visa Center. (address here). The INS has completed all action. Further inquiries should be directed to the NVC.

The NVC now processes all approved fiance petitions. The NVC processing should be complete within two to four weeks after receiving the petition from INS. The NVC will create a case record with your petition information. NVC will then send the petition to the US Embassy or Consulate where you fiance will be interviewed for his or her visa.

You will receive notification by mail when NVC has sent your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. The notification letter will provide you with a unique number for your case and the name and address of the US Embassy or consulate where your petition has been sent."

Goes on a few more lines, but does not say anything about it being forwarded already.

I ended up getting out of NVC in about a week as it goes, and got that letter mentioned above today.

That being said, my NOA2 already had the assigned A number on it (same place you mentioned), so I don't think the NVC is who generates the A number.

Edited by jezebelseven
UNST0001.gifbritkit.jpgUNKG0001.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

CSC will assign an "A" number.

No matter what is written on the NOA2 it is sent to NVC.

NVC will assign it another number that is used by the embassy. This number will vary depending on the country and embassy. (example, mine went to Bogota and got BOGxxxxxxx)

In the past months for some reason CSC has been shipping the NOA2's in bulk. You could be waiting a month before it reaches NVC.

Once at NVC, they normally process in about a week.

Hope this helps. One last note. If you call the "no help" CSC help line. They have no clue about the writing on the NOA2. It will go to NVC.

Edited by Rodney

I was approved by email on 27 November 2006. A week later I got the hard copy N0A2 in the mail. My N0A2 says, "The above petition has been approved and forwarded to the listed consulate. Please contact the consulate with any questions about the visa issuance or if you would like them to forward the petition to a different consulate." My fiancee's name is listed at the top right of the N0A2 under Beneficary. Just above her name is listed an "A" number. At the top left of my N0A2 is our original WAC number. Has anyone else gotten an N0A2 like this or do all of your N0A2's say they were sent to the NVC? I thought that the NVC assigned the "A" number? But I got my N0A2 directly from CSC and it already has an "A" number assigned to it. Does this mean that my petition has gone directly to the consulate and bypassed the NVC? Thanks for any responses... because based on what I've read here on VJ, it seems most petitions leave CSC and go to the NVC, right?

Jasal, does your NOA2 list the consulate name on it? My NOA2 says exactly the same thing "approved and forwarded to the listed consulate" but there was no consulate listed on it. I called NVC again, after a week, just to see if the they had a record of me, and they don't. Hopefully it was sent to the consulate I requested.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My I-797 for both the I-129F and the I-130 read as follows:

"The above petition has been approved. We have sent the original visa petition to the Department of State National Visa Center......NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions that need consular action. It also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. NVC will then forward the approved petition to that consultate."

The I-797 for the I-129F also contains my wife's alien registration number and identifies the consulate as Bogota. I have already gotten vertificatio that the I-129F has been shipped to Bogota.

The question is what will happen to the I-130. Will it remain at the NVC, in expectation of an appoved K-3 and a subsequent AOS? Or will the NVC actually send the I-130 to Bogota? Only time will tell.

Interesting that the wording on the I-797 differs from person to person. Perhaps due to differences in service centers? My wife's I-129F was process by CSC and the I-130 was sent to Texas, but the I-797 references the CSC.

Mike

5/25/06 - We met in Bogota

8/12/06 - Officially engaged in front of her family

9/15/06 - Married in Bogota by notary

10/7/06 - Wedding Blessing and reception in Bogota

I-130:

9/21/06 - Mailed to Texas

9/29/06 - NOA date (received on 10/11)

12/02/06 - NOA 2 received

I-129F:

10/13/06 - Mailed to Chicago

10/18/06 - NOA 1 date (received on 10/22)

11/27/06 - E-mail notification that petition approved!

12/02/06 - NOA 2 received

12/06/06 - Called NVC and got case number; told that petition had been forwarded to embassy in Bogota!

12/11/06 - DHL delivered petition to embassy.

12/13/06 - Adriana faxes "packet 3" information to embassy.

12/15/06 - We send "packet 3" information to embassy via courier.

12/22/06 - Return from honeymoon to find both packet 3 and 4 at my wife´s home in Bogota.

1/19/07 - Embassy interview - APPROVED! (Visa received on 1/22/07)

1/26/07 - Adriana and daughter to arrive in Miami

I-485 and I-797:

2/12/07 - AOS and EAD sent to Chicago lockbox

5/7/07 - Employment Authorization card received

8/28/07 - Re-scheduled (from 6/28) AOS interview in Orlando - AOS approved.

9/13/07 - Wife and step-daughter receive green cards

I-751:

6/1/09 - I-751 mailed

11/18/09 - Removal of Conditions approved

Citizenship:

10/26/10 - Citizenship interview (successful)

10/29/10 - Citizenship ceremony and oath

My I-797 for both the I-129F and the I-130 read as follows:

"The above petition has been approved. We have sent the original visa petition to the Department of State National Visa Center......NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions that need consular action. It also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. NVC will then forward the approved petition to that consultate."

The I-797 for the I-129F also contains my wife's alien registration number and identifies the consulate as Bogota. I have already gotten vertificatio that the I-129F has been shipped to Bogota.

The question is what will happen to the I-130. Will it remain at the NVC, in expectation of an appoved K-3 and a subsequent AOS? Or will the NVC actually send the I-130 to Bogota? Only time will tell.

Interesting that the wording on the I-797 differs from person to person. Perhaps due to differences in service centers? My wife's I-129F was process by CSC and the I-130 was sent to Texas, but the I-797 references the CSC.

Mike

Hmmm...completely confusing isn't it. :blink: The wording does not even seem to be the same at the service centers, from what I've seen at VJ. That wording that "NVC processes all immigrant Visas" is off of the DOS website, but thats not what the people at NVC have told me. The 2 NVC people I have talked to were saying that sometimes petitions bypass NVC. One person at the Customer Service Center told me that USCIS likes to avoid forwarding it to NVC if possible.

I wrote a letter to VSC today to get them to tell me where they sent my petition. If NVC got it it they would have a record of my petition by now, its been a week and a half, since VSC is so close to New Hampshire, where the NVC is located.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My NOA2 says that my petition will be forwarded to NVC.

I just called and the automated answering machine tells me that they have no record of my case.

Waiting.....

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
My NOA2 says that my petition will be forwarded to NVC.

I just called and the automated answering machine tells me that they have no record of my case.

Waiting.....

The automated system won't have a record of your petition since its I-129F and stops off only briefly at the NVC. I do believe thoough , that you can speak with an operator and they will be able to give you information , otherwise wait for the letter.

Our I-130 was approved and we do have an approved I-129F at the Montreal Consulate as well. Our I-130 NOA2(11/14/06) stated it would be forwarded to the NVC and according to the NVC automated service as well as an operator, they do not yet have any record of the petition.

google.gif

Mine says sent to NVC

9/14 2006 I-129F Sent Next day Air

9/15 Recieved and signed for by "Freeman" at NSC

9/19 NOA1 CSC Recieved

9/25 Notice date Check cashed 9/25

9/28 I Recieved NOA1(I-797C) in the mail

12/5 NOA2 12/6 but Approved on 12/5 touch

12/9 Received NOA2(I-797) by snail mail

12/15 NVC has received it..Case # issued...

12/19 NVC shipped to Romania

12/22 Romanian Embassy has received an email from NVC that my Petition is on it's way...

12/29 Packet 3 sent to Veronica

1/12 2007 Packet 3 received Dang Holidays..

1/22 Sending all paperwork(I-134,Bank/Employer letters etc..,)..to Veronica per DHL, 3.5lbs...$144 WOW!

1/25 Recieved notice that She needs to pick up my packet in Chisinau..

1/26 Sending Back Packet 3

2/16 Transit Visa to go to Romania for the Interview approved..

2/20 Leaves for Bucharest overnight drive by bus...

2/21 Medical

2/22 Interview !!!! APPROVED !!!!!

3/9 2007 Flight to me....

4/7 2007 Married,,,

AOS

7/27 Sent I-485, I-864, I-765

7/30 Chicago Recieved I-485,I-765

Veronica is pregant....Due 4/17/08

9/1 Recieved NOA Bio appointment letter

9/8 Recieved NOA1's for both I-485 and I-765

9/18 Bio appointment

Received Green Card.. Nov 2007

Djuliann came 4/25/2008

I-751 Lifting Of Conditions

9/8/2009 Sent I-751

Received NOA 9/21 NOA Receipt Date 9/10/2009

9/24 received Bio letter Dated 9/18

10/9 Bio Appointment

10/23 Received Permanent Resident Card

N-400 2012

Filed for citizenship sent 2/21/2012

Here's a VJ Discussion that shows one person got the "forwarded to listed consulate" wording but it still went through NVC. Maybe petitions do go through NVC, but not all of USCIS knows it? :huh:

forwarded to listed consulate

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Here's a VJ Discussion that shows one person got the "forwarded to listed consulate" wording but it still went through NVC. Maybe petitions do go through NVC, but not all of USCIS knows it? :huh:

forwarded to listed consulate

Not confused yet?

Try this one! :wacko:

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.