MariaElizabeth92

Interview in 10 days... Need help!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I got my letter for my interview at the US embassy in London today... my interview is 10 days away! Very pleased and excited, but nervous too.

Me and my American Fiance have a baby together, he was born on the 3rd April of this year. He automatically had claim to US Citizenship and now has a US passport. As baby was 3 months premature, my Fiance came over for 3 months at the start of May for support and has only just returned to the US.

My Fiance is ex infantry, having left the army after a 3 year service last September. Since leaving, he has spent quite a large amount of time over here, as well as working a series of jobs and in January of this year started college. As a college student, the military pay him $1080 a month alongside his college tuition fees.

I understand the above amount is not enough to qualify for the affidavit of support. For this reason, we are having his Mum as a co-sponsor.

My Fiance is currently in search of a part time job...although can't see this happening before my interview!

With my Fiance's stable work history, his payments from the military, his career prospects and his mothers co-sponsorship, what do you think our chances are?!

We are extremely nervous, as he already misses his baby boy! ALSO... my growing baby's nursery furniture is in the states... need to get him over there asap.

We have no problem in validating our relationship - think our little bundle is proof enough! But just worried about this affidavit of support. We know in ourselves that we can get by, but don't know how to convince the interviewer of this!

What financial documents do we need to provide for himself and his mother? (e.g tax returns - what years, employment proof, military payments, college grants etc.)

Thanks for the help!!

Hey,

There's a great thread in the London bit of the forum which covers K1s going to interview. In the first post, it has info on the financial documentation you need (the I-134 and supporting evidence - tax returns are perfect): http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/

So long as your joint sponsor is earning the required amount to meet the poverty guidelines, it's no problem at all. London accepts joint-sponsors.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Timeline

That's great thanks. ALSO... where the visa fee applies, I've read different things. We paid a large fee at the start of this process when we submitted the I129F...Do I need to pay a second fee? And how and when is this paid?

I contacted the embassy a few weeks ago and was told that this fee is paid AFTER the interview upon approval of the visa, but written instructions state otherwise...

That's great thanks. ALSO... where the visa fee applies, I've read different things. We paid a large fee at the start of this process when we submitted the I129F...Do I need to pay a second fee? And how and when is this paid?

I contacted the embassy a few weeks ago and was told that this fee is paid AFTER the interview upon approval of the visa, but written instructions state otherwise...

Skip towards the end of that thread. A new payment system started recently online for London. The visa is $240 and there's a courier to pay for.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the UK regional subforum to be near the thread about the same subject. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

So I got my letter for my interview at the US embassy in London today... my interview is 10 days away! Very pleased and excited, but nervous too.

Me and my American Fiance have a baby together, he was born on the 3rd April of this year. He automatically had claim to US Citizenship and now has a US passport. As baby was 3 months premature, my Fiance came over for 3 months at the start of May for support and has only just returned to the US.

My Fiance is ex infantry, having left the army after a 3 year service last September. Since leaving, he has spent quite a large amount of time over here, as well as working a series of jobs and in January of this year started college. As a college student, the military pay him $1080 a month alongside his college tuition fees.

I understand the above amount is not enough to qualify for the affidavit of support. For this reason, we are having his Mum as a co-sponsor.

My Fiance is currently in search of a part time job...although can't see this happening before my interview!

With my Fiance's stable work history, his payments from the military, his career prospects and his mothers co-sponsorship, what do you think our chances are?!

We are extremely nervous, as he already misses his baby boy! ALSO... my growing baby's nursery furniture is in the states... need to get him over there asap.

We have no problem in validating our relationship - think our little bundle is proof enough! But just worried about this affidavit of support. We know in ourselves that we can get by, but don't know how to convince the interviewer of this!

What financial documents do we need to provide for himself and his mother? (e.g tax returns - what years, employment proof, military payments, college grants etc.)

Thanks for the help!!

Has your sponsor completed the I-134 with wet signature?

As you have been given an interview date, I assume that you sent your DS-2001 saying you had all your documentation ready?

You have left it too late to get tax transcripts but your fiances mother might still be able to get an employers letter. You just need the last year's tax return. Luckily London is one of the easiest embassies when it comes to incom proof.

Edited by Anna Grant

Timeline

Yes we have the I-134 forms completed and tax returns too along with military documents. We do not have a letter from his mothers place of employment however. I have read that at this point, all these supporting documents aren't an absolute must, so wondering whether anyone can advise on their experiences. Is the letter necessary as there isn't a chance of me receiving this before my interview date. Would proof of employment through a different medium not suffice? Or can a letter be faxed to me?

At the moment, with regards to financial proof documents, we are providing I-134 forms for both himself and his mother, tax returns for the past 3 years for both sponsors, military leave documents, proof of college funding through US military, and proof of college attendance.

I have also read that proof of citizenship needs to be supplied. Do the documents provided for proof of US Citizenship need to be original copies or can faxed copies of passports etc. be used? Not a problem for my Fiance as I am in receipt of his military leave documents which, I believe, are evidence enough for US Citizenship.

Thanks for the help so far! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.