The Conqueror

K1 Visa detailed description of our Timeline

7 posts in this topic

I am writing this to try help those that are still following their dream to be with the one they love. We are just about done with our journey....one of the things you are always thinking about are the steps ahead, whats next, and the time between those steps.

Of course, everyones journey will be different, and the timing of the steps will vary depending on the workload and circumstances behind the government agencies we are working with.....(my disclaimer) :-)

14 FEB 2013

• I obtained my CENOMAR…. i know it is too early but i just want to make sure I am still Single! lol… because there are cases that unfortunately that their IDENTITY is being used by another person! WHY??? I don't know how that happens….

20 FEB 2013

• Mailed the filled I-129F + supporting documents to USCIS

22 FEB 2013

• My Fiance 3rd visit to Philippines and celebrated his birthday too =)

25 FEB 2013

• An Email confirmation sent from USCIS to my Fiance that our Application package received

27 FEB 2013

• NOA1 notice date received by Email

08 MAY 2013

• Fiance 4th visit to the Philippines
  • TIPS: This time my Fiance started to take with him some of my clothes/things (filled 1 luggage 25kg. dancin5hr.gif )

6 JUN 2013

• I obtained my NBI Clearance, I brought my previous NBI Clearance dated 2006 but they did not ask for it. It doesn't guarantee that you have a clear record (not by purpose), so it is better to process it early.
  • It is very important at this stage to get your NBI Clearance just in case you are a first timer and then you got a HIT at least you have enough time. NBI Clearance "Valid for one year from the date of issue", a notice printed at the bottom page
  • I made some colored copy just in case it is needed at CFO, the Personal copy was returned to me during the interview.

13 JUN 2013

• NOA2 Notice date received by Email

18 JUN 2013

• NOA2 Notice date received by Mail

20 JUN 2013

• Fiance sent email to NVC for the MNL Case #

03 JUL 2013

• I obtained another copy of my CENOMAR (2 copies - just in case I need another one)
  • I obtained multiple copies of my Birth Certificate (need for future application in US)

05 JUL 2013

• Received a reply from NVC (2weeks!!!) stating:

Dear Sir/Madam:

The Department of State's National Visa Center (NVC) is committed to the

protection of personal information of visa applicants and their

petitioners. To ensure the confidentiality of visa files and to prevent

the unauthorized release of personal information, the NVC requires that

the following information be provided with each inquiry:

Name of the person submitting the inquiry

NVC case number or USCIS receipt number

Petitioner's name and date of birth

Principal Applicant's name and date of birth

NOTE: If the visa petition is employment-based (I-140), include the

employer's company/organization name instead of the petitioner's name

and date of birth.

Unfortunately, your inquiry did not contain ALL of the above

information. Please resubmit your inquiry with the above information so

we may update our records accordingly and provide you with a specific

response.

########

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

Serco Inc, Support Contractor

08 JUL 2013

• Received the MNL Case no., Fiance called NVC exactly at 7:30am Eastern time

09 JUL 2013

• Paid the Visa fee at BPI Philippines
  • After 8hrs went online, booked an Appointment on 08 AUG 2013 at 7:30am at this link https://cgifederal.secure.force.com
  • Fiance then booked his ticket on 05 AUG 2013 to be with me on my interview (soooo happy)

09 JUL 2013

• Fiance sent another Email to NVC hoping to receive a reply…for my MNL Case # so that i have a copy before going to my Medical.

Hi... :-) I received my NOA2 notification that my package (USCIS Receipt number- WAC######## has been sent to the NVC for the assignment of our MNL Case Number.

Just checking to see if it has been assigned yet, what that case number is and when the file will be forwarded to the Embassy in Manila.

My name is Fiance Name, submitting this inquiry

USCIS Receipt number- WAC########

I am also the Petitioner of this file, Fiance Name, Birthdate- ##/##/####

Principle Applicant- Fiancee Name, Birthdate- ##/##/####

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

########

23 JUL 2013

• Received a reply from NVC…..finally!!!! stating:

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: MNL######## filed by ######## on behalf of ########. The NVC completed its processing of this visa petition, and forwarded it to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in MANILA PHILIPPINES.

You must resubmit your inquiry or request, and all future correspondence to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in MANILA because this petition is no longer located at the NVC. Also, please be sure to notify the U.S. Embassy or Consulate of any change of address, e-mail address or personal situation that may affect the applicant's eligibility for an immigrant visa.

Please visit www.usembassy.gov to determine the contact information for the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in MANILA,PHILIPPINES . The Embassy or Consulate website will include contact information for visa related inquiries.

Case Number: MNL########

Petitioner's Name: ########

Principal Applicant's Name: ########

Preference Category: K1

Your Priority Date: ########

Foreign State Chargeability: PHILIPPINES

U.S. EMBASSY

1201 ROXAS BOULEVARD

MANILA

PHILIPPINES

Sincerely,

########

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

Serco Inc, Support Contractor

NVCInquiry@state.gov

27 JUL 2013

• Fiance received the letter by Mail dated 24 July 2013 from NVC with our MNL Case #……. just about time before my medical!
  • NOTE: My Fiance told me that he received the mail at his OFFICE address which is not normal.

01-02 AUG 2013

• Medical done (the original plan was I want to go 2nd week after we obtain the case no. over the phone. But i had some allergies, and waited another week…. never been lucky.. 3rd week i got my monthly period!!! So getting medical a week before my Interview at USEM wasn't planned by purpose. I am so thankful that I didn't had an issue during the Interview at USEM, my medical result was delivered on time.
  • my med review : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/445704-what-a-day-my-medical-interview-experience-aug-01-02/

05 AUG 2013

• Fiance arrived in the Philippines, 5th visit...... kicking.gif

06 AUG 2013

• Fiance and I checked my documents line by line,,,page by page….. and little bit anxious… tensed… hoping everything is complete.

07 AUG 2013

• Went to Manila, checked in at Casa Bocobo

08 AUG 2013

13 AUG 2013

• Fiance going back to WA. This time he will be bringing most of my stuff!!! yahoooogood.gif . My goal is to have a roller bag when i leave..... less stess.. smarty huh kicking.gif ... well that's what i love most about my Fiance. He is very supportive wub.png .

## ### 2013 Waiting for my Passport/Visa

## ### 2013 CFO Seminar

## ### 2013 US Entry

28 SEP 2013 Marriage date

Something more to read about us:

my version : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/446470-how-i-met-my-american-guy-future-love-of-my-life/

my Fiance version: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/442480-why-are-so-many-american-men-connecting-with-filipinas/page-2 post #22

Thank you for your time reading smile.png . God bless!!!!

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

goofy.gifgoofy.gifgoofy.gifgoofy.gifgoofy.gifgoofy.gifgoofy.gifgoofy.gifgoofy.gifgoofy.gifgoofy.gifgoofy.gifgoofy.gif

Thanks!!!! this is a good view for my upcoming medical and interview

K1 Visa Journey

TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

4/18/2013 I 129f application - packet sent
4/26/2013 NOA1 email confirmation
5/02/2013 Alien number Changed
5/03/2013 NOA 1 hardcopy mailed
7/10/2013 Transfered to Local USCIS for processing
7/22/2013 Address was changed relating to the I129F
7/26/2013 RFE hard copy received
7/29/2013 RFE mailed back
8/02/2013 CFO passed!
8/07/2013 NOA 2!!!
8/10/2013 NOA2 hardcopy received
8/19/2013 Shipped to NVC
8/23/2013 MNL case number provided over the phone
8/23/2013 NVC shipped packet to Embassy
8/27/2013 Paid Visa Fee
8/27/2013 Case Status "Ready" USEM
8/30/2013 NVC letter hardcopy received
9/11/2013 Case Status Updated "Ready" USEM
9/19/2013 Medical Passed!!!
10/18/2013 Visa Appointment USEM ----- Visa Approved!
10/21/2013 Visa Status Update: Ready
10/23/2013 Visa Status Update: Administrative Processing
10/24/2013 Visa Status Update: Issued
10/29/2013 Visa on Hand
10/30/2013 CFO sticker stamped
11/24/2013 POE: Detroit
AOS/EAD/AP Application

Day

1 Delivered April 11,2014

7 NOA 1 April 16,2014

16 Bio Appt received April 21,2014

32 Biometrics Done May 12,2014

76 called USCIS June 25,2014

77 EAD mailed June 26,2014

Thanks for sharing. Awesome detailed report. We appreciate you sharing your journey with all us VJ'rs . biggrin.png

BTW.... Great suggestion on bringing things back to USA with fiancé. I plan on packing light and bringing back some of Shiela's stuff based on your suggestion. Thanks.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for sharing. Awesome detailed report. We appreciate you sharing your journey with all us VJ'rs . biggrin.png

BTW.... Great suggestion on bringing things back to USA with fiancé. I plan on packing light and bringing back some of Shiela's stuff based on your suggestion. Thanks.

Every trip, I have been bringing goodies from the US to my extended family in the Philippines, two full sized checked bags a carry-on roller bag and my back pack....last trip, I brought back items for Dahlia that consumed 1 and 1/2 of the full size bags, this time I will bring back 2 full size bags full of her clothes and other things...she will then have a minimal amount to bring with her on her journey to the US.

cjmc

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for sharing this to us! I just received NVC's reply to my email regarding our case number today!! LOL. But I already done my medical and passed so no problem HIHIH.

// OUR K1 VISA JOURNEY //

12/29/2012 - I-129F Packet Sent
01/09/2013 - NOA 1
06/19/2013 - NOA 2
07/12/2013 - Our Case Was Shipped to NVC
07/19/2013 - Called NVC And Got A MNL Case Number
07/22/2013 - Scheduled Interview Online (August 12th)
07/29-30/2013 - SLEC Read my Medical Exam Review
08/12/2013 - Interview Read My Review | Documents I prepared | Tracking my Visa status
08/16/2013 - Visa On Hand Pick up via 2GO MOA
08/27/2013 - CFO seminar and sticker Read my CFO experience
09/01/2013 – POE To U.S.
09/14/2013 - Got married

// AOS Journey //

10/03/2013 - Sent AOS Packet via USPS Priority | My AOS Packet

10/10/2013 - NOA 1 received via text and email (AOS, AP, and EAD) AOS Acceptance 10/09, AP and EAD Initial Review 10/07

10/14/2013 - NOA received via mail (AOS, AP, and EAD)

10/21/2013 - Letter for Biomettrics appointment received

11/04/2013 - RFE from checking online

11/07/2013 - Biometrics

11/08/2013 - Received the RFE letter in the mail & sent RFE on the same day!!

11/14/2013 - RFE respond received

12/04/2013 - I-485 Family-based Card in production (a.m.) then went to Decision (p.m.) - NO interview

12/09/2013 - Green Card was mailed!

12/11/2013 - GC received! 2 months and 1 day from the NOA1

Read how we expedite our case

// EAD/AP //

Terminated as Green Card was approved first.

You can also view my Timeline

Thanks for sharing this to us! I just received NVC's reply to my email regarding our case number today!! LOL. But I already done my medical and passed so no problem HIHIH.

Cool. Good luck on your interview..... make sure you eat.. hehehe as I ate double breakfast... lol waiting makes me jittery...

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

You're most welcome!

My fiance left this noon time with my stuff again... lol.... Hopefully I will be bringing roller bag when I leave....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.