DS1419

Our I-751 Package - thoughts?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys,

I thought I'd run everything we're including in our package past all you knowledgeable folks here before we go ahead and drop it in the mail. It's due in by the start of October to the California USCIS (We live in Seattle).

1. Cover Page - this is the one pulled from the site here and edited appropriately

2. I-751

3. Page listing our previous address, where we lived until Jan 2012 (only 1)

4. Copy of my wife's I-865, my AR-11, and the i-797 notice of action that it was received

5. Copy of the front and back of my conditional permanent resident card

6. Copy of my passport, just the inside page with my picture/signature info etc

7. Partial Tax returns for 2011 and 2012 - showing both our names and socials

- this is a little tricky: Our 2012 tax return shows our current address. Our 2011 shows her parents' address as opposed to our rental property as we were unsure how long we would be staying there. Is this a concern? I've added a note to the previous address page of the i-751 explaining that we did not reside at this address, but used it for the tax return as we were moving.

8. A copy of our current rental lease agreement for where we currently reside, showing both our names

9. A copy of our current rental insurance policy, showing both our names

10. A copy of our Health insurance cards showing a joint policy

11. A copy of our credit cards showing joint accounts

12. A copy of our bank account showing joint ownership of the account

13. A copy of our flight itinerary from our 1-year anniversary trip to France/Italy in 2012

14. Evidence of relationship photos - about 20 photos of us together over the last 2 years - with notes

Does that sound like a quality package? My biggest concern is regarding the addresses. As our lease was expiring at the end of 2011 at our old place, we chose to put her parent's address on our 2011 tax returns. Im not sure if that will be a big deal, but wanted some opinions on this package.

Thanks!

Filed: Timeline

I would say not enough. You list looks pretty much like ours. we got a RFE

You need to send full bank statements that cover the past 2 years. Send one full statement per quarter.

Send your full tax returns or transcripts. - They asked us for that in RFE

send some kind of document that proves the dates of your health insurance. We only sent copies of the card and they wanted to see more. So I got a document called 'Proof of insurance" that had the dates.

Every item that you sent has to cover the past two years. If you only send the most recent, they will ask for more.

good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for your help Rov -

So in response to your comments, I went to our bank, got a notarized letter showing us a joint account holders living at the same address, as well as every statement of account dating back to when I joined the account, January 2012. As this is not a full 2 years, should we also attach account statements for the 5 months the account was only in my wife's name? Or would that serve no purpose.

I have also copied our entire tax returns for 2011 and 2012.

Finally, I tracked down our health insurance application - per the HR rep at my wife's company this is the only piece of information they have that shows the dates and both our names. They did not know anything about a proof of insurance form.

Any other recommendations from anyone? Any past experience tips?

Filed: Timeline

You can send one bank statement for when you were not in the account. That can be used as proof of address.

They wanna see bank account statements with regular activity.

In my case, the HR dept was able to give me something for the insurance that had the coverage dates. Try to log in to the insurance website and see if you can find something. I know some companies you can get statements.

Car insurance that covers the past 2 years.

Utility bills. for the past 2 yrs

Some pictures

credit cards statements for the past 2 yrs

Tax returns, insurance, rental agreement/contract or if you own your home, and bank statements are the key docs they wanna see.

They must cover the past two years.

Good luck!!!

Thanks for your help Rov -

So in response to your comments, I went to our bank, got a notarized letter showing us a joint account holders living at the same address, as well as every statement of account dating back to when I joined the account, January 2012. As this is not a full 2 years, should we also attach account statements for the 5 months the account was only in my wife's name? Or would that serve no purpose.

I have also copied our entire tax returns for 2011 and 2012.

Finally, I tracked down our health insurance application - per the HR rep at my wife's company this is the only piece of information they have that shows the dates and both our names. They did not know anything about a proof of insurance form.

Any other recommendations from anyone? Any past experience tips?

If any joint account that you have doesn't cover the whole 2 years, state that in your cover letter. My husband got here in 05/11 and we didn't get a joint account until 09/11 because we were waiting for him to get a job first. Plus how can you even add someone to your account if they don't have a social security number? Anyway, yeah, if it looks like you're missing anything just state the reasons.

yeMBfha.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.