JadeyHexed

August 2013 K-1 Filers

1,139 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Thanks for the info. I am thinking at minimum 6-8 weeks before we get our case number and can schedule an interview? I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers and hope you all get some good news soon!!

Christie & Salim

Processing Center: Texas

Sent Petition 8/17/2013

NOA1 Text Message 8/23/2013

NOA1 Hard Copy 8/28/2013

NOA2 Approved 10/9/13

NOA2 Hard Copy 10/12/13

Left NVC 10/23/2013

Received in Tunisia (Electronic) 10/25/2013

Received in Tunisia (Hard Copy) 11/12/2013

Visa APPROVED 1/16/2014

AOS (K-1) mailed 5/15/14

Texts received 6/08/2014

NOA1 Date 6/06/2014

Biometric Appointment 7/01/2014

EAD Approval 7/29/2014

AP Approval 7/29/2014

EAD Received 08/05/2014

Waiver Letter 9/10/2014

AOS APPROVED 05/12/2015

Combo Card Renewal

EAD/AP Combo Card Renewal mailed 120 days prior on 03/31/2015

EAD/AP Combo Card Renewal NOA 04/08/2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Can someone tell me what the next steps are once you receive the NOA2. I just got an email that said there was an update on our case.

Post Decision Activity

On October 16, 2013, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

Does it go to the Dept. of State and then the countries embassy? I am hoping someone here knows and can tell me :) Thank you all so much!

Congrats i got my Noa2 status update today to. I am so excited i guess now we have to wait till it get to NVC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Yaayyy super excited at 9:17 today I got my status updated that i had been approved. Happiest day of my life. Abd for who ever thought that it was is number order its not the two numbers behind me havent gotten apptoved. But VJ was on track according to thier timelines i was suppose to be approved this week

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yaayyy super excited at 9:17 today I got my status updated that i had been approved. Happiest day of my life. Abd for who ever thought that it was is number order its not the two numbers behind me havent gotten apptoved. But VJ was on track according to thier timelines i was suppose to be approved this week

Oh you finally got that sweet approval. Congratulations!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hello all,

I hope I've posted in teh right place

I'm hoping somebody may be able to give me some advice or share prior knowledge.

My fiance Rita and I (she has her own account on here), have recently had our NOA2 approval and am therefore awaiting an interview date in London.

Obviously I am a little nervous as we all must be, however there is one issue I am concerned about particularly...

To summarise:

I am 45 years old, in my youth due to a variety of circumstances I got into some trouble which resulted in juvenile detention. the last instance of this was when I was 18 years old. This would ordinarilty be deemed as a 'spent' conviction, but for the purposes of the application it cannot be, which I fully understand.

I am now 27 years further into my life, I have worked hard and contributed to society etc, my fiance is fully aware of my history and how I completely turned my life around as our my children (though tey are not a part of the visa process).

I have always been honest about my past, and have worked in support and managerial positions with teh extremely vulnerable for many years.

I am worried that regardless of timescale and what I have achieved as a person, the fact I have juvenile detention, regardless of how long ago is going to work against me...

Does anyone know of any similar experiences?

Thank you in advance

Vernon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Congratulations!!!! I know you've been anxiously waiting.

August 05, 2013 - NOA 1 Texas Service Center

August 29, 2013 - A# changed

October 1, 2013 - NOA 2

October 4, 2013 - Case sent to NVC

October 15, 2013 - Rec'd case number from DoS via phone

October 16, 2013 - Case left NVC

October 25, 2013 - Pkt 3 rec'd

October 30, 2013 - Medical Appointment

November 4, 2013 - Pkt 3 sent

November 4, 2013 - Pkt 4

November 14, 2013 - Interview (Approved)

Congratulations!!

Sent I-129F: 9th August 2013

NOA1: 14th August 2013

NOA1 (Hardcopy in post): 19th August 2013

Alien Registration Number was changed: 6th September 2013

NOA2: 15th November 2013

Sent to NVC: 2nd December 2013

NVC received/Case Number received: 10th December 2013

Left NVC: 12th December 2013

Received by London Embassy: 17th December 2013

Medical in London: 19th December 2013

Packet 3 received: 21st December 2013

Interview:27th January 2014

K1 APPROVED!

POE: 3rd February 2014

AOS Packet sent: 14th February 2014

NOA1 through e-mail: 21st February 2014

NOA1 hardcopy received: 24th February 2014

Biometrics walk-in: 6th March 2014

EAD/AP approved: 23rd April 2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hello all,

I hope I've posted in teh right place

I'm hoping somebody may be able to give me some advice or share prior knowledge.

My fiance Rita and I (she has her own account on here), have recently had our NOA2 approval and am therefore awaiting an interview date in London.

Obviously I am a little nervous as we all must be, however there is one issue I am concerned about particularly...

To summarise:

I am 45 years old, in my youth due to a variety of circumstances I got into some trouble which resulted in juvenile detention. the last instance of this was when I was 18 years old. This would ordinarilty be deemed as a 'spent' conviction, but for the purposes of the application it cannot be, which I fully understand.

I am now 27 years further into my life, I have worked hard and contributed to society etc, my fiance is fully aware of my history and how I completely turned my life around as our my children (though tey are not a part of the visa process).

I have always been honest about my past, and have worked in support and managerial positions with teh extremely vulnerable for many years.

I am worried that regardless of timescale and what I have achieved as a person, the fact I have juvenile detention, regardless of how long ago is going to work against me...

Does anyone know of any similar experiences?

Thank you in advance

Vernon

Hey Vernon. Congratulations on the NOA2! Could you please clarify whether you're the petitioner or the beneficiary? It may make it easier for others to provide more relevant info.

I'm not personally very familiar with the rules on this. But I believe that if you're the petitioner, the purpose of asking about your record is to ensure that your intended is aware of it for their own protection under IMBRA. You may want to search under that section of the site.

In the case that you're the beneficiary, don't quote me on this, but my understanding is that they are concerned about crimes of moral turpitude. So how you are affected would partly be dependent on what the offense was. Do a quick search on VJ, the question has been asked a few times with some lengthy and informative answers. I found this thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/455568-beneficiary-criminal-record-success-stories-and-denials/

Hope you find this helpful. And good luck smile.png

Edited by Tee Wlkr

August 05, 2013 - NOA 1 Texas Service Center

August 29, 2013 - A# changed

October 1, 2013 - NOA 2

October 4, 2013 - Case sent to NVC

October 15, 2013 - Rec'd case number from DoS via phone

October 16, 2013 - Case left NVC

October 25, 2013 - Pkt 3 rec'd

October 30, 2013 - Medical Appointment

November 4, 2013 - Pkt 3 sent

November 4, 2013 - Pkt 4

November 14, 2013 - Interview (Approved)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

NOA2 email received :)

August 5, 2013: 1-129F mailed
August 7, 2013: Received at Lockbox
August 13, 2013: NOA1
September 4, 2013: Alien Reg. # change
October 16, 2013: NOA2
October 29, 2013: Sent to DOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

congrat all.

Mine, still no news and VJ timeline is wrong

Edited by 129FK1

04/26/2014 I-129F
05/01/2014 e-noticification: NOA1
05/02/2014 e-noticification: Alien registration number changed
08/08/2014 case transferred and processed at USCIS office
08/11/2014 case transferred to local office
08/16/2014 hardcopy of case transferred to CSC 2ND FL, 2400 Avila Rd, Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0111
08/19/2014 case transferred and processed at USCIS office
09/09/2014 touch
09/18/2014 RFE

09/27/2014 Mail RFE

09/29/2014 USCIS review RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Just got our alien registration number changed! How much longer usually after this step for an approval? Were at Texas! And my VJ prediction is wrong too. I should have gotten my approval by the 4th of october. Good luck everyone, hopefully we will hear some good news soon. Congrats to those who have already had their good news :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.